Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Costco for some groceries. While I was there, I looked at the jeans, 'cause I desperately need new jeans. I found some for ~$14. They are even stretchy. I checked that the back pockets weren't just decorative, and found they were real (a real problem with women's clothes). I bought two pairs in two sizes, 'cause you can't really try them on at Costco. The smaller pair is snug over long underwear. The bigger pair fits fine over long underwear. But, the fly and both front pockets are just for show! :ohmy:

I will have to try somewhere else. In the meantime, they are in a bag with the receipt, in case I can't find anything other jeans I like in my size. I have 30 days to bring them back to Costco for a refund.

I need my pockets. I put car keys in my front pocket and my phone in a back pocket.

Everyone needs to receive a butt call. Mostly those that drive you crazy. :angel:

I went to Costco for some groceries. While I was there, I looked at the jeans, 'cause I desperately need new jeans. I found some for ~$14. They are even stretchy. I checked that the back pockets weren't just decorative, and found they were real (a real problem with women's clothes). I bought two pairs in two sizes, 'cause you can't really try them on at Costco. The smaller pair is snug over long underwear. The bigger pair fits fine over long underwear. But, the fly and both front pockets are just for show! :ohmy:

I will have to try somewhere else. In the meantime, they are in a bag with the receipt, in case I can't find anything other jeans I like in my size. I have 30 days to bring them back to Costco for a refund.

I need my pockets. I put car keys in my front pocket and my phone in a back pocket.

I agree, pockets are a necessity! I've never understood why manufacturers short women's wear on pockets. And then the pockets they do have in jeans and jackets are dinky compared to those in men's clothes.

I agree, pockets are a necessity! I've never understood why manufacturers short women's wear on pockets. And then the pockets they do have in jeans and jackets are dinky compared to those in men's clothes.
They claim that woman don't want to look lumpy because their pockets are full of stuff. Okay, let me decide whether or not to put enough stuff in my pockets to make me lumpy. :glare:

But, thank you for reminding me that I probably want a pair of men's jeans. Some of the men's ones come in stretchy now.

They claim that woman don't want to look lumpy because their pockets are full of stuff. Okay, let me decide whether or not to put enough stuff in my pockets to make me lumpy. :glare:

But, thank you for reminding me that I probably want a pair of men's jeans. Some of the men's ones come in stretchy now.

I already look lumpy. :LOL:

I wore men's dress pants and jeans for years. Great pockets, and the hips and seat fit me better. They also came in longer lengths, which women's did not at the time.

Last edited:
I already look lumpy. :LOL:

I wore men's dress pants and jeans for years. Great pockets, and the hips and seat fit me better. They also came in lengths, which women's did not at the time.
On me, the waist in men's jeans is always way too big, if I can fit my hips into them. But, after a few washings and dryings (preferably in the dryer) and stretchings by wearing, they fit fine. :LOL:

I have big hip bones, really. I had 37" hips when I was underweight and I'm only 5'4".

Twice in 6 months the jumper cables are in the wrong car....

Upside, both cars have new batteries, so we won't have to deal with this again for a while.

Buy a second set of jumper cables, splurge and get a really nice set! I have never had to jump my own car, but everyone at work knows I have them and we've jumped numerous cars over the years to their owners relief!

No kidding, I found a scrub top that was really cute...no pockets...what the????? I don't know any nurse who doesn't need pockets.

No kidding, I found a scrub top that was really cute...no pockets...what the????? I don't know any nurse who doesn't need pockets.

Remember the nice white uniforms nurses had to wear? They always had deep side pockets so you could carry your scissors around with you. And they weren't a short pair either. :angel:

Remember the nice white uniforms nurses had to wear? They always had deep side pockets so you could carry your scissors around with you. And they weren't a short pair either. :angel:

No, I don't remember them, I have never worn a white nursing dress or skirt. I have worn white tops and pants. I won't buy anything for work that does not have deep pockets. Where else am I supposed to carry my screwdriver, scissors, etc, etc.:LOL:

On me, the waist in men's jeans is always way too big, if I can fit my hips into them. But, after a few washings and dryings (preferably in the dryer) and stretchings by wearing, they fit fine. :LOL:

I have big hip bones, really. I had 37" hips when I was underweight and I'm only 5'4".

I'm built like a 12 year old boy. No hips or butt, with big shoulders, and 5'9". Trying to find a size 4 pant in women's long is a challenge! Most clothing places figure tall gals are at least size 10, which would fall right off. Embarrassing in public.... Thank you Eddie Bauer, they have right sizes.

Last edited:
Buy a second set of jumper cables, splurge and get a really nice set! I have never had to jump my own car, but everyone at work knows I have them and we've jumped numerous cars over the years to their owners relief!

It's one of those things that you don't think about buying until you need them! LOL

Weird thing about living in a warmer climate, I've noticed that just about every one of my car batteries go without warning, works one day, the next day, not even keyless entry will work. I've been told that warmer climates are worse on batteries than cold, not sure how much truth is in that though.

It's one of those things that you don't think about buying until you need them! LOL

Weird thing about living in a warmer climate, I've noticed that just about every one of my car batteries go without warning, works one day, the next day, not even keyless entry will work. I've been told that warmer climates are worse on batteries than cold, not sure how much truth is in that though.

Top of the shopping list...until you get them. LOL!!

No, I don't remember them, I have never worn a white nursing dress or skirt. I have worn white tops and pants. I won't buy anything for work that does not have deep pockets. Where else am I supposed to carry my screwdriver, scissors, etc, etc.:LOL:

Well I do. I had to wear one. I only wore it going to and from work. I was in the nursery and had to change into a surgical gown. But if I had no babies, I worked on the floor and those pockets were really handy! They didn't have the short bandage scissors they have now. The whole thing would fit down into your pocket and I had a large tag with my name on them and would grab it when I needed to pull them out. :angel:

Well I do. I had to wear one. I only wore it going to and from work. I was in the nursery and had to change into a surgical gown. But if I had no babies, I worked on the floor and those pockets were really handy! They didn't have the short bandage scissors they have now. The whole thing would fit down into your pocket and I had a large tag with my name on them and would grab it when I needed to pull them out. :angel:

The pocket on my left holds my nursing "tools" scissors, keys, pens, measuring tape, tape, etc. The pockets on my right hold personal items, chapstick, hand sanitizer, Milkbones...

My uniform weighs almost ten pounds...with everything in the pockets.

Top of the shopping list...until you get them. LOL!!
I used to have a "booster pack" for my car. It had idiot lights and an audible alarm to prevent hooking up to the wrong terminals. It also had a powerful, built in flashlight, and a 12 V outlet. But, the sucker was heavy. It's got a lead acid battery inside that sealed, plastic outside. But, alas, it only lasted a few years. I forgot to keep it charged and it completely drained and died.

I really liked the fact that it wouldn't let you hook up terminals wrong. I have heard horror stories from people who got it wrong with jumper cables. I understand that one can now buy jumper cables with lights and alarms to keep a person from hooking it up wrong.

I just now did some online searching for booster packs and they have more features now: USB power outlet, AC power converter that plugs into the 12 V outlet, LED flashlight. But, they are more expensive. I read a bunch of reviews and I set a sales alert at Canadian Tire for the one I want. :) And this time I know not to ever let it drain to zero.

PF, you and I need to search for a waist together. I've never had one either. Keep wondering what it would be like.

Too funny, I have always had a waist. It has been 33" for years. It's that back side and legs I have the trouble with. I guess I'm a pear and not an apple. It takes me 30 pounds to go down a size!:wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom