Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not apple or pear. Call it hour glass and for those with wide shoulders and no hips, top half of an hour glass. :LOL:

Lets just hope the hour glass gets smaller on the bottom and not the top! Maybe I should hang upside down...all of the sand has landed in the "bottom" of my hour glass. :ermm::LOL:

I used to have a "booster pack" for my car. It had idiot lights and an audible alarm to prevent hooking up to the wrong terminals. It also had a powerful, built in flashlight, and a 12 V outlet. But, the sucker was heavy. It's got a lead acid battery inside that sealed, plastic outside. But, alas, it only lasted a few years. I forgot to keep it charged and it completely drained and died.

I really liked the fact that it wouldn't let you hook up terminals wrong. I have heard horror stories from people who got it wrong with jumper cables. I understand that one can now buy jumper cables with lights and alarms to keep a person from hooking it up wrong.

I just now did some online searching for booster packs and they have more features now: USB power outlet, AC power converter that plugs into the 12 V outlet, LED flashlight. But, they are more expensive. I read a bunch of reviews and I set a sales alert at Canadian Tire for the one I want. :) And this time I know not to ever let it drain to zero.

Spike once told me to let the batteries on my scooter run down to the bottom of the orange line. (I have a little red, orange, green thingy on my console.) Batteries have memories. The further down you let the battery run, the longer it will run before you have to charge it. Or something like that. Just don't run it into the ground. Unfortunately jumper cables don't work on a handicap scooter. :angel:

This apple shape...more like a cantaloupe, has never had a problem with mixing up the jumper cable leads. Of course, growing up in Wyoming...jumper cables were one of the first lessons in 2nd grade.

I'm built like a 12 year old boy. No hips or butt, with big shoulders, and 5'9". Trying to find a size 4 pant in women's long is a challenge! Most clothing places figure tall gals are at least size 10, which would fall right off. Embarrassing in public.... Thank you Eddie Bauer, they have right sizes.

Do you buy Eddie Bauer on-line or is it a walk-in store? That is, do you buy the jeans by measurements? I'm not sure I trust my measuring skills. Last time I tried to buy jeans, nice jeans, to replace my worn-looking ones, first it was try to find a pair of the old-fashioned, waist-where-it-belongs instead of low-rise kind. Second, when I did find their sparse stock of this style, they were bleached-out, had bling, or few pockets. I had to admit the pair I was wearing looked better to me than any they had. I think it was at Penny's. I'm thinking of looking at the Tractor Farm Supply store. Hopefully those precious little chirping chicks are all gone by now.

I have no butt. I do have a waist. I always lose weight from the waist down, so my butt gets even more non-existent when I lose weight. And, thanks to swimming the butterfly, I have broad shoulders, and, that also toned the stomach muscles so I don't have a gut either (not that I'm complaining about that). I wish I had a butt...all my pants droop in the ass. Sitting on a hardwood chair for too long can be very uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Back from lunch and happy & grateful to see all the new posts in answer to my problem. Went to lunch with my son & his wife -- he's usually my go-to for stuff like this but he had just last week replaced the float in the water treatment tank and I was reluctant to bug him again. But he went out to the garage & actually, Andy, did find another half-tripped breaker. Set it to rights first, then lunched, and when we came home he did some more looking (at what, I don't rightly know). Bottom line, it was his opinion, which I trust implicitly, to get another m/w. So I'll go back into my household receipts and see if I can find any warranty information, and failing that just go ahead and buy a new one. I do m/w so much that I value having one and will end up paying much less (one purchase price) than the bill (every month) for my TV dish service.

Bless your hearts, y'all, for the help.

(to be continued, probably at Target)

I decided to look at the Best Buy on-line store before going shopping. The prices seemed pretty high so I tried Amazon. Bottom line, I took delivery yesterday of a new Panasonic microwave and took the time in the afternoon to actually read the booklet that came with it. I like it pretty well but it's bigger than my old one and my counter space was limited already. Plus, the old one had a handle and this one has a push-button opener. But I paid more for this one and hope it won't turn up its toes as quickly as the cheaper one did. I sure hate throwing away the old one, which looks brand new. I did find my receipt -- it was 3 years old almost to the day. My tempus sure fugits.

Do you buy Eddie Bauer on-line or is it a walk-in store? That is, do you buy the jeans by measurements? I'm not sure I trust my measuring skills. Last time I tried to buy jeans, nice jeans, to replace my worn-looking ones, first it was try to find a pair of the old-fashioned, waist-where-it-belongs instead of low-rise kind. Second, when I did find their sparse stock of this style, they were bleached-out, had bling, or few pockets. I had to admit the pair I was wearing looked better to me than any they had. I think it was at Penny's. I'm thinking of looking at the Tractor Farm Supply store. Hopefully those precious little chirping chicks are all gone by now.

I buy online. EB has several different styles, curvy, boyfriend, perfectly straight, and some others. The straight ones were the first I've ever had that didn't bag in the butt and pooch out in the hips, they actually fit! No bling, and decent pockets. They have decent sales too.

I have no butt. I do have a waist. I always lose weight from the waist down, so my butt gets even more non-existent when I lose weight. And, thanks to swimming the butterfly, I have broad shoulders, and, that also toned the stomach muscles so I don't have a gut either (not that I'm complaining about that). I wish I had a butt...all my pants droop in the ass. Sitting on a hardwood chair for too long can be very uncomfortable.

:LOL: I hear ya! I keep a pillow in my car for long meetings on hard chairs.

I buy online. EB has several different styles, curvy, boyfriend, perfectly straight, and some others. The straight ones were the first I've ever had that didn't bag in the butt and pooch out in the hips, they actually fit! No bling, and decent pockets. They have decent sales too.

Eddie Bauer sells boyfriends !!! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I've purchased from Eddie Bauer online and have always been happy.

You might also check for their outlet stores. We had one where I used to live and we got a lot of things there and again .. were always happy with the purchases.

I decided to look at the Best Buy on-line store before going shopping. The prices seemed pretty high so I tried Amazon. Bottom line, I took delivery yesterday of a new Panasonic microwave and took the time in the afternoon to actually read the booklet that came with it. I like it pretty well but it's bigger than my old one and my counter space was limited already. Plus, the old one had a handle and this one has a push-button opener. But I paid more for this one and hope it won't turn up its toes as quickly as the cheaper one did. I sure hate throwing away the old one, which looks brand new. I did find my receipt -- it was 3 years old almost to the day. My tempus sure fugits.
I wonder if it's the same model I got. Yes, big footprint, button to open the door. I really like it. Sensor reheat works really well, except with liquids. I just wish it had a temperature probe. Haven't seen one of those on a microwave in years. We had one on our old MW (though it quit working a few years ago) and it was great for reheating coffee or tea. I know how hot I want it. Depending on the temperature it has dropped to, it takes different amounts of time to get to 140 F, which is what I usually want.

I have an over the range Samsung, hands down the best microwave that I've ever used. 12 seconds softens butter perfectly with no melty spots. When we reheat, no flaming hot edges and cold middle. I didn't realize that any microwave could accomplish this feat!

We have a unique microwave problem. We like to keep it on a piece of counter between the fridge and stove that's 18" wide. We were fortunate to find a full power/full size microwave (1100 watts and a 13"-14" turntable) that fit because all the controls are across the top of the microwave door rather than on one side.

Now the display is shot so we have had to modify how we use it. We can't find a replacement. There are smaller, lower wattage compact microwaves but none with the same specs.

One of my "egg customers" called yesterday--wanted to pick up eggs today. I asked for a time so I'd have the eggs washed and ready (besides which, I have other things to do). She didn't get back to me. I was up at 4:00 a.m. with the old gal (my dog) and so decided I wanted a nap. No sooner had I fallen asleep when she showed up. What part of "what time will you stop by" was not clear? Is it to much too ask people to show some common courtesy? It is a holiday weekend...I don't JUST raise hens (they are a hobby/source of entertainment. And, they produce more eggs than I can eat--my fault, I acquired too many hens). Felt good to get that off my chest. Now let's see if I can fall back asleep for 45 minutes. Yesterday a friend let me know she'd be by around 2:00. I had conf calls, so I put a cooler out on the step with the eggs in it. Easy.

I wonder if it's the same model I got. Yes, big footprint, button to open the door. I really like it. Sensor reheat works really well, except with liquids. I just wish it had a temperature probe. Haven't seen one of those on a microwave in years. We had one on our old MW (though it quit working a few years ago) and it was great for reheating coffee or tea. I know how hot I want it. Depending on the temperature it has dropped to, it takes different amounts of time to get to 140 F, which is what I usually want.

It sounds like the same model, Taxy -- with an "Inverter" and Sensor Cook feature, which I haven't tried out yet. One of the reasons I chose it is the weight, which isn't bad for a unit this size -- if things need moving, I'm It. I'm going to try to use it for more than heating leftovers, which is all I did with the defunct m/w. Would love to have an over-the-stove, but that would have required more trouble and $$ than I could manage.

amendment -- not only leftovers; I nuke fresh vegetables frequently, but I know a m/w can do much more if you study up a bit. So often with today's bells and whistles, I just ignore programmable stuff and only do what I want the item to, not what it's capable of. That includes my car, and I shudder when I see the new car commercials with all the stuff on the dashboard.

amendment -- not only leftovers; I nuke fresh vegetables frequently, but I know a m/w can do much more if you study up a bit. So often with today's bells and whistles, I just ignore programmable stuff and only do what I want the item to, not what it's capable of. That includes my car, and I shudder when I see the new car commercials with all the stuff on the dashboard.

I agree, all I need is an on and off button!

I thought I was going to have to give up driving when I bought the vehicle I have now. I had the old one for 13 years, we developed an understanding over the years. The new one is much more agile and has all sorts of things that I don't even touch. It took me six months to feel comfortable driving it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom