Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't even get me started on how Verizon screwed me out of my unlimited data plan (even their customer service folks were appalled and tried to make amends). However, it's the only plan that works everywhere. Had to laugh at Baby Bro, who had to use Mom's rickety land line as his US Cellular service didn't work in the boonies. And a colleague today having to use her Sprint phone outside in 28° weather as it didn't work anywhere indoors either.

That's what has kept me with them, the coverage! I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call, or had a gap in signal. It's one of the only services that will work well when I visit my mom in northern Maine!

Sprint uses a 1900mhz CDMA signal that doesn't penetrate buildings well, Verizon uses a lower frequency, that does much better. I know way too much about this stuff, LOL!

There is one prepaid that uses the Verizon network called Page Plus, they have been around for quite a while (since pagers were a thing), I might try them eventually. They sell a plan for $55 per month that is the same that Verizon charges $100 per month for!:ohmy:

:wacko: That's it. I am canceling the rest of today. I had to get up early to be ready to leave the house at seven a.m. Got to the supermarket, hopped on a handicap cart, it was traveling at the giant speed of two cm a minute. Got off that one, hopped on another. That backup beeper would not shut off. I just couldn't seem to get my act together. Instead of going aisle by aisle, I was all over the place. I had a list, but it certainly didn't contain anything that would require cooking. One tomato, two plums, three oranges, stupid stuff. I did spend more for the food bank than I usually do. That I don't mind. If that was the only thing I bought, the trip alone was worth it. Spike put the few groceries away, then left. I still felt out of sorts. Ate a couple of mini rice cakes. Naw, I didn't want that. So I tried some ground up broken cashew nuts. Nope. Finally I tried my first cup of coffee. That seemed to help. I still felt restless. I ached all over. Noticed I was shuffling my feet when I walked. Took one Vicodin. I hate taking pain pills. Started to feel a little better. Was standing up straighter. Not shuffling. Decided to try and finish my morning sleep. Lost cause. I do have six Klondike bars with dark chocolate covering that were on sale. Maybe that is what I need. Chocolate.

Oh, did I mention my hand? It is hurting like it is going to fall off. I need to have a scab on it to protect it. But it is the scab that is causing all the pain. The scab gets really thicker each day. So I put the cream on it to soften the scab. That releives the pain, but the scab falls off and exposes it. That leaves it open to infection. And round and round I go. Someone find me a happy pill QUICK! There is just no pleasing me today. :angel:

I am so not impressed. I have a whole bunch of stuff I have to finish for a client by April 18th. I have been screening my calls because I don't want to be interrupted while I am concentrating. My frigging phone has been ringing every half-hour. It goes to the answering machine (and I can hear if someone talks and pick up). I can't unplug it during the day because it might be my client. There is no one there--I'm just getting these robo-dial calls that don't leave a message and #69 is "number not available." Now they have started to do this at 3:30 a.m. Three nights of this and I'm about to cancel having a phone! Tonight I will unplug my phone before I go to bed. I just hope my Dad doesn't try to call me in the middle of the night. And, I am on the DO NOT CALL list and have an unpublished #.

Last edited:
I am so not impressed. I have a whole bunch of stuff I have to finish for a client by April 18th. I have been screening my calls because I don't want to be interrupted while I am concentrating. My frigging phone has been ringing every half-hour. It goes to the answering machine (and I can hear if someone talks and pick up). I can't unplug it during the day because it might be my client. There is no one there--I'm just getting these robo-dial calls that don't leave a message and #69 is "number not available." Now they have started to do this at 3:30 a.m. Three nights of this and I'm about to cancel having a phone! Tonight I will unplug my phone before I go to bed. I just hope my Dad doesn't try to call me in the middle of the night. And, I am on the DO NOT CALL list and have an unpublished #.
Well, that's a real PITA.

I have all my calls go to my mobile and I have call blocking on at night. It only lets calls through from a list which has family and some friends.

(((Hugs Addie)))
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Thank you. I am feeling much better now. I just finished a Klondike Bar. Ice Cream and Dark chocolate. That should cure anything.

:wacko: CSW, if my son takes me to a clinic, they won't release me. I will be sent right out the back door to Padlock Row in a hurry. :angel:

I just went downstairs to scan some client papers. My scanner is no longer installed. :ohmy: Since I didn't do it and no one else uses that computer, I think the most recent update to WinXP uninstalled it. Grrrrr. I'm downloading the most recent installation software from the HP site now. :angry::hammer::boxing:

I don't have time for this nonsense.

Hugs Addie and PF :) Hope you both feel better!
I'm fine today. Feel great physically but I'm going nuts being cooped up in this house!!! Wish my hubby would just sometimes want to go somewhere. He never wants to leave the house :( Not even to visit friends or family!

Hugs Addie and PF :) Hope you both feel better!
I'm fine today. Feel great physically but I'm going nuts being cooped up in this house!!! Wish my hubby would just sometimes want to go somewhere. He never wants to leave the house :( Not even to visit friends or family!

Why don't you just take the kids and go without him?

Still have a rather severe headache, but no vision changes and everything else is okay. Feel fine, except for the headache.

I'm headed to the mall for a Relay For Life event, just going to walk over. Shrek can come if he wants, we'll see if he wants to get up and go.

+1, hope you feel better, PF!

I'm trying to burrow through mounds of paper. Just how much paper is a person supposed to deal with? I pay all bills on line, which is supposedly "paperless", yet the piles are unending. Getting Mom's mail forwarded here is not helpful either. She got every obscure catalog I've never heard of, and was a huge fan of Publisher's Clearinghouse, which sends out stuff every 15 minutes. I try to shred anything with identifying info, and recycle the shreddings and the rest. Can't keep up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom