Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still have a rather severe headache, but no vision changes and everything else is okay. Feel fine, except for the headache.

I'm headed to the mall for a Relay For Life event, just going to walk over. Shrek can come if he wants, we'll see if he wants to get up and go.

Feel better soon Fi

+1, hope you feel better, PF!

I'm trying to burrow through mounds of paper. Just how much paper is a person supposed to deal with? I pay all bills on line, which is supposedly "paperless", yet the piles are unending. Getting Mom's mail forwarded here is not helpful either. She got every obscure catalog I've never heard of, and was a huge fan of Publisher's Clearinghouse, which sends out stuff every 15 minutes. I try to shred anything with identifying info, and recycle the shreddings and the rest. Can't keep up!

Dawg, just shred the sheets that have her name on it and the application. I would have to empty the bin every day if I shredded everything. The best thing I did was go paperless. I get so little mail now. Mostly junk. After the 15th of the month, I get no mail. :angel:

I had an appointment today to get trained on how to do my sleep study tonight. When I was called to set the appointment I was told that it was a 2:15 appointment. It was at a place close to work, so I was able to leave at 2:00 and get there about 2:10. I filled out the paperwork, gave them the co-pay, and sat in the waiting room to wait. I knew it would be a group appointment, so I was surprised when it was me and one other lady in the waiting room. At 2:30 two other ladies showed up, signed in, filled out paperwork, and waited along with me. at 2:40 one last person showed up and joined us after doing the paperwork too. At 3:00 someone finally came and gathered us all to go to the training. I was ready to scream after waiting 45 minutes after the appointment was to start. What was the first thing the trainer said? "we may have to wait a few minutes for one last person." What did I say? "No, we cannot wait for another person to come. The appointment was for 2:15 and they are really late!" Well, lucky for the trainer he decided to start without her, and she didn't show up anyway. :mad: It's bad enough I have to do this silly sleep study, and then they choose to mess with me!

I'm apt to tell people how much I make an hour and I start charging 15 minutes after my appointment time. I'm a busy person, too...that's why I make appointments.

I had an appointment today to get trained on how to do my sleep study tonight. When I was called to set the appointment I was told that it was a 2:15 appointment. It was at a place close to work, so I was able to leave at 2:00 and get there about 2:10. I filled out the paperwork, gave them the co-pay, and sat in the waiting room to wait. I knew it would be a group appointment, so I was surprised when it was me and one other lady in the waiting room. At 2:30 two other ladies showed up, signed in, filled out paperwork, and waited along with me. at 2:40 one last person showed up and joined us after doing the paperwork too. At 3:00 someone finally came and gathered us all to go to the training. I was ready to scream after waiting 45 minutes after the appointment was to start. What was the first thing the trainer said? "we may have to wait a few minutes for one last person." What did I say? "No, we cannot wait for another person to come. The appointment was for 2:15 and they are really late!" Well, lucky for the trainer he decided to start without her, and she didn't show up anyway. :mad: It's bad enough I have to do this silly sleep study, and then they choose to mess with me!
(((hugs)))

I hate that. Doctors and there receptionists seem to think that your time is worth nothing compare to a doctor's time.

I used to see an ophthalmologist at a hospital clinic. They would give everyone an appointment for 13h00 and I usually got to see the doctor around 16h or 16h30. They seemed to have people go in and see the doctor in some random order that didn't even match to when the patient showed up. It's one of the reasons I switched to a different ophthalmologist.

THAT, chopper, is why one of my pet peeves is people who run late. Take my husband---Please! (Bazinga!) I keep telling him every Sunday that if God makes us wait as long to get into heaven as we made him wait for us to finally show up at church we'll be hanging around quite a while. :ohmy:

I'm apt to tell people how much I make an hour and I start charging 15 minutes after my appointment time. I'm a busy person, too...that's why I make appointments.

Well, the appointment was at the senior center for the medical insurance company, so just the fact that it was at a senior center made me crazy enough. I'm not a senior yet. I had to pay a 50 dollar co-pay, not to mention I pay a fortune for my premiums. Getting the 50 bucks back would have been nice. I know that the reason the appointment was there was to save money, just not MY money. I hate what is happening to the whole health care system now. It is getting worse all of the time. More money, less service....:mad:

Last edited:

That's so annoying. And how rude of the other people to just randomly show up after the appt time too.

Hope your sleep study goes well, Chopper!

That's so annoying. And how rude of the other people to just randomly show up after the appt time too.

Hope your sleep study goes well, Chopper!

Thanks. I am hoping that losing weight has just made it so that I don't have sleep apenia now. I know...wishful thinking, but it could happen...I would hate to have to use the C-PAP machine, but if I need to I will I guess. :ermm:

Thanks. I am hoping that losing weight has just made it so that I don't have sleep apenia now. I know...wishful thinking, but it could happen...I would hate to have to use the C-PAP machine, but if I need to I will I guess. :ermm:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the apnea goes away.

I've noticed that dentists around here can give you appliances much less clunky than a C-PAP, might not hurt to ask. You've probably already tried the BreatheRite strips.

I've noticed that dentists around here can give you appliances much less clunky than a C-PAP, might not hurt to ask. You've probably already tried the BreatheRite strips.

I asked about the dental appliance today and the guy said that it is not as effective and they probably would not recommend it. Depending on what happens with this study, I will chat with both my doctor and dentist about that. I still have some of the issues (gasping for air) with the breath rite strips. I have not had as much of a problem in the last couple of weeks, but I could still be having problems and not know about it. I am still really tired in the morning, and usually have quite the headache.

I asked about the dental appliance today and the guy said that it is not as effective and they probably would not recommend it. Depending on what happens with this study, I will chat with both my doctor and dentist about that. I still have some of the issues (gasping for air) with the breath rite strips. I have not had as much of a problem in the last couple of weeks, but I could still be having problems and not know about it. I am still really tired in the morning, and usually have quite the headache.

I hope you get it sorted :flowers:

It took me forever to get used to Shrek's CPAP and him not snoring. Now his snoring wakes me up...means he's not using his CPAP.

Back
Top Bottom