Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I try to do it, but sometimes it's pretty obvious we are being duped .. hate wasting time on that kind of stuff .. after all there's song titles to post, today's funny, petty vents and things I learned today ! :)

Notice any recent activity? :rolleyes:
I'm almost too embarrassed to say I'm South African today:ohmy:

Notice any recent activity? :rolleyes:
I'm almost too embarrassed to say I'm South African today:ohmy:

Huh? You mean you didn't send out invitations???? Thought you were hosting a party Snip :LOL:

Those who are serious and real .. welcome aboard !

i used to wonder why so few people bother to extend a welcome post to the newbies at dc....:)

Sometimes I have been away from the computer for a while busy doing something else. When I come back, there are a plethora of messages to get through. Sometimes I have to backtrack to see what the subject is. So I don't always extend a welcome. But when I do, I try to make enough of a comment that they will want to stick around. :angel:

I only do a welcome to DC post when I have a reply or comment to make. So many people sign up, make a post or two, then never return.

Thank you all for your recommendations and general support. I got on before work yesterday and read a lot of the responses, but decided to call my pediatrician's office and didn't get a chance to come back and comment. They said it's fairly normal for separation anxiety to pop up again at this age, even if it hasn't been a problem before. They are concerned with the strong emotional reactions to everything else. I spoke to a nurse and she said she wanted to discuss it with the pediatrician and that the ped should be calling me back some time today. Of course, the rules of the universe, yesterday really wasn't bad. We had a bit of obstinacy and a couple crocodile tears here and there, but nothing like we've been seeing.
I took Alix's suggestion before I left for work. About an hour before I put on a necklace that I know she particularly likes and is fairly durable. I subtly made sure she saw that I was wearing it. Then, when she started to get sad when my BIL came over to watch them, I took the necklace off and asked her if she wanted to wear "Mommy's special necklace" until I come home from work to get it. She still cried, but she calmed down and my BIL said she didn't really have any problems after I left. I told her before bed time that if she could try really hard to just close her eyes and go to sleep and not make a big fuss, we'd go on a special play date tomorrow (today). I also reminded her like every night that Daddy would come in and give her hugs and kisses when he got home from work, whether she was awake or asleep. She was fine. She teared up a little, but none even fell. She was awake for a good hour before she fell asleep (another story there) but seemed reasonable happy the entire time.
Today she seems more relaxed too. We've have a couple tears and a couple hollers, but again, no big crying fits.
I appreciate that the two things I tried seemed to work, but honestly, this almost confuses me more. It's like she was a different child for 2 weeks and now seems to be mostly back to normal again. Just like that. I guess we'll see what the pediatrician has to say and how the next few days go.

Alix, I'll see if our library has the book.
Also, I'm not sure about the hand-washing at the babysitter's because I wasn't actually there, but she's crying about all kinds of strange things. Some are normal things that she tends to dislike anyway and she's just reacting much more intensely, some are things that she usually likes.
Thank you again for all the input. I'm sorry if I didn't answer someone's question, but we had a very loud thunderstorm that kept waking me all night and my brain is a bit mushy today!

Sprout, that's just the nature of kids. Fine one minute and nuts the next. Or love lima beans one day and the next they are awful. I think they are just about keeping us a bit off balance!

I'm glad something helped, and I'm hopeful that she will settle a bit in the days to come. Hugs you sweet lady, this can't have been an easy time for you.

Thank you. We're back to the crying again. We'll see the doctor next week. In the mean time it's just patience and prayer, I guess. I'm sure we'll survive it! Everyone else does.

I bought a pair of jeans yesterday. They have nice deep front pockets. They have real back pockets. They are traditional rise. They have a bit of spandex, so they are quite comfortable. So, what am I venting about? Muffin top and my bum seems even flatter. Gonna have to do some exercising when tax season is over.

I bought a pair of jeans yesterday. They have nice deep front pockets. They have real back pockets. They are traditional rise. They have a bit of spandex, so they are quite comfortable. So, what am I venting about? Muffin top and my bum seems even flatter. Gonna have to do some exercising when tax season is over.

I would return the jeans! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I would return the jeans! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
It's not the fault of the jeans. It's just that they fit well enough that I notice the flattish bum. Heck, I've been trying to find jeans with decent pockets for a couple of years. I don't think this store takes returns. The jeans were $5!

It's not the fault of the jeans. It's just that they fit well enough that I notice the flattish bum. Heck, I've been trying to find jeans with decent pockets for a couple of years. I don't think this store takes returns. The jeans were $5!

Get the underwear with the butt pads and enjoy your $5 jeans!

Get the underwear with the butt pads and enjoy your $5 jeans!
Nah, can't be bothered to spend $$ on that kind of underwear. I really do need to exercise. I know that leg lifts and that exercise where you sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you and then you "walk" forward and backward, work for firming up/enhancing ones bum.

Nah, can't be bothered to spend $$ on that kind of underwear. I really do need to exercise. I know that leg lifts and that exercise where you sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you and then you "walk" forward and backward, work for firming up/enhancing ones bum.

I wouldn't know, having never had a bum! Will take your word for it!

I have a huge bum...sits in the chair over there...at least 200 lbs worth.

As for my rear-end, there's a bit too much and still working on it.

Here's a petty vent: all this talk about all of you show-offs with no butt. I have enough for all of us. Hubby did say that he thinks all 16 pounds have fallen off my butt. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom