Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do you do this?

I hate dealing with change. It is so much easier to keep a balance. In the end, it all evens out for me at least. When I buy a cup of coffee, I figure it to cost $2.00. The change can go for their tip or whatever they want to do with it. If I have more than $.50 cents coming back, all I am interested in are the quarters for laundry. There are some retail stores (clothing, Sears, etc.) where I do take all the change. That goes into the milk bottle when I get home. When it is full, I roll the coins, cash them in for bills and deposit the money into my savings account. :angel::angel:

I'm wasting time finding out how to remove some cr** that got onto my desktop computer. It's "cltmng.exe", an executable that is part of toolbar from Conduit - Search Protect.

Now I didn't download any such toolbar intentionally. But, some piece(s) of software (Adobe reader?) always ask if you want a stupid toolbar when you update and it's ticked "yes" by default. I may not have noticed it and accidentally downloaded some such nonsense. I noticed it because my CPU was at 100%, so I had a look at Windows Task Manager to see what was using all that CPU.

Something came with a download that pops up an extra tab in the browser for searches. I ALWAYS make sure to do custom installs, so I don't know where it came from, I really need to get rid of it.

Something came with a download that pops up an extra tab in the browser for searches. I ALWAYS make sure to do custom installs, so I don't know where it came from, I really need to get rid of it.
What browser are you using? Have you checked your add-ons / extensions to see if there is something you didn't intentionally install?

I found both Yontoo and White Smoke (from Conduit) in IE and disabled it, which I don't even use. I find White Smoke in FF and disabled, then removed it.

I'm wasting time finding out how to remove some cr** that got onto my desktop computer. It's "cltmng.exe", an executable that is part of toolbar from Conduit - Search Protect.

Now I didn't download any such toolbar intentionally. But, some piece(s) of software (Adobe reader?) always ask if you want a stupid toolbar when you update and it's ticked "yes" by default. I may not have noticed it and accidentally downloaded some such nonsense. I noticed it because my CPU was at 100%, so I had a look at Windows Task Manager to see what was using all that CPU.

Can you system restore to the point before the problem?

Did you go to your Control Panel, then uninstall program? I find that I have to keep a sharp eye out for Google Chrome. There is always a box that is already checked to install it when I get a new download from Windows. I make sure I uncheck it. :angel:

Did you go to your Control Panel, then uninstall program? I find that I have to keep a sharp eye out for Google Chrome. There is always a box that is already checked to install it when I get a new download from Windows. I make sure I uncheck it. :angel:
Yeah, I checked the control panel. It isn't there. I checked on line and people say it doesn't show up there.

Every six months I have to be evaluated according to the rules and regulations of Medicare. If that doesn't happen, then ESP doesn't get paid. I also have to have my vitals checked once a month. I am in my six month tiime. What a pain in the backside. But considering what I get in exchange I have to put up with it. And then I also get a notice in the mail that it is time for my recertification for housing. Why can't they all just leave me alone? I hate all these rules and regulations. :angel:

My SIL took my daughter to Florida for a few days to get her calmed down after all the hoopla from the Marathon Bombers. She gets upset very easily and over reacts to everything that happens when she can't control her world around her. In the meantime while she is gone, her meds came via UPS. The package is sitting here in full view and a constant reminder. All I ever wanted was a quiet retirement.

Please God, turn me into an Iguana. :angel:

What browser are you using? Have you checked your add-ons / extensions to see if there is something you didn't intentionally install?

I found both Yontoo and White Smoke (from Conduit) in IE and disabled it, which I don't even use. I find White Smoke in FF and disabled, then removed it.

I use chrome and it doesn't show up in extensions, there is no program that I can uninstall either.

I'm not too worried about it, I'm going to put a new hard drive in the laptop and start over again (the previous new HD crashed after a few weeks, I have a replacement, but haven't taken the time to put it in). I've been too lazy to put in the new hard drive, because setting up the whole computer again is a task. I just got a new phone a couple weeks ago and finally have all the apps that I need.

Today my petty vent is this:

Hyundai Motor Suicide Ad Draws Ire for S. Korean Company - Yahoo! Finance

Hyundai Motor Suicide Ad Draws Ire for S. Korean Company

Hyundai Motor Suicide Ad Draws Ire for S. Korean Company

• Reuters - A visitor walks past a Hyundai Motor logo at a Hyundai dealership in Seoul April 25, 2013. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Co has been forced to apologise for an advertisement that sought to promote the zero carbon emissions of one of its cars by featuring a man failing to commit suicide using a hose attached to the exhaust.
The ad debacle is the latest to hit the carmaker, the world's fifth largest by sales when combined with its Kia Motors affiliate, after it exaggerated fuel performance figures in the United States, and announced a large-scale vehicle recall this month.
Hyundai_Finally_Realizes_Suicide_Isn_t-13f5b16b9933b8fe569d6dea031b4542
A still from the ad (Hyundai / YouTube)The South Korean company scrambled to limit the damage from the advertisement, which was pulled.

It was made by the European unit of Innocean Worldwide Corp, an in-house advertising firm that is 40 percent owned by Chung Sung-yi, a daughter of Hyundai Motor Group chairman Chung Mong-koo.
Hyundai Motor and Innocean said they "deeply and sincerely apologize for any offense or distress" that the posting of the "viral film", aimed at European and a U.S. audience, may have caused.
The YouTube ad for Hyundai's hydrogen-powered car ix35 featured a middle-aged man attempting to commit suicide by sitting in his car with a hose connected to its exhaust pipe feeding into the car's interior.
He failed to kill himself because the car had "100 percent water emissions," according to the advert.
Holly Brockwell, who identified herself as a digital copywriter in London, wrote on her blog that she felt "sick" after watching the advert, saying her father had committed suicide when she was a child.
"I understand better than most people the need to do... something talkable, even something outrageous to get those all-important viewing figures. What I don't understand is why a group of strangers have just brought me to tears in order to sell me a car," she said in an open letter to Hyundai and Innocean.
"My dad never drove a Hyundai. Thanks to you, neither will I."
Hyundai, led by chairman Chung Mong-koo has transformed itself from butt of jokes to a company which has aspirations to match Germany's Volkswagen AG as it seeks to shed its value-for-money image and move upmarket.
Hyundai's crossover ix35 car which is sold as the Tucson in the United States will go on sale in Europe by 2015 as the company seeks to leap-frog its competition in the eco-friendly car segment.
Hyundai is not the only carmaker to have run into trouble over its advertisements. Last month, U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co came under fire for sexist adverts in India, prompting an apology from Ford India and dismissal of employees at an Indian unit of advertising group WPP.
(Editing by David Chance and Daniel Magnowski)

:ermm:
Sometimes I wonder what these people are smoking. Advertising has gotten too far out there these days .. and this is beyond words for me.:glare:

Some advertisers push the envelope of good taste for profit others do it to make a political point.

This kind of garbage does nothing to entice me to buy or consider another viewpoint.

It simply turns me off.

Back
Top Bottom