Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Citrus and vinegar are more acidic than cranberry and pom, they should be used if you are working on stones you already have. Cran and pom are fine for prevention.

Thanks PF, good to know. Hope poor Charlie didn't try to choke down straight lemon juice!

Automatic load sensing washing machines take too long to complete a wash cycle. We've had our Whirlpool washer for 2 years now and I never liked it.
It takes over an hour to complete a regular wash, it's such an inconvenience, especially if you need to put the wash in the dryer so you can go to bed, go to work, or whatever, which is usually the case for me.
I don't care if it saves water. I'd like to be able to set my own water and load level, my time's more important. EOR.

Automatic load sensing washing machines take too long to complete a wash cycle. We've had our Whirlpool washer for 2 years now and I never liked it.
It takes over an hour to complete a regular wash, it's such an inconvenience, especially if you need to put the wash in the dryer so you can go to bed, go to work, or whatever, which is usually the case for me.
I don't care if it saves water. I'd like to be able to set my own water and load level, my time's more important. EOR.

I hear you on that. How annoying. :angel:

Thanks PF, good to know. Hope poor Charlie didn't try to choke down straight lemon juice!

No, no, of course I did not, I just added a little bit to my mineral water.

There is a funny story about lemons. As kids we used to take subway a lot. So we would pull this stuff. We are seating talking to each other, couple of guys usually, then get couple of lemons from our shopping bag and start casually eating them as if they were apples or something else yummy. People would go nuts. You should see somebodies face when you make first bite. It took a little bit of getting used to it, and it is really not that bad after you do. But it is funny.;)

You are certainly welcome, Charlie. No sense keeping something like that under my hat.

And I still eat lemons like that.

When I was a bartender, we had to cut up a lot of citrus. The best breath freshener ever is to chew a slice of lemon along with the pith and peel.

We now have Gnat season to go along with Tick season. And the mosquitos have also arrived. Sigh.

For gnats, I do find a dab of Absorbine Junior around the neck and ears seems to repel them. They were horrid during our walk last night, tonight with the Jr, not so much.

You are certainly welcome, Charlie. No sense keeping something like that under my hat.

And I still eat lemons like that.

PF, while I have you here. I can't thank you enough for the tip on taking pills. I take 17 pills every morning. Two are Gabapentin capsules and were always getting stuck sideways in my throat. The two Ranexa are also large oblong pills. The same problem. Since the tip, down they go. Thank you. :angel:

At the beginning of the month we received a notice that all the apartments were to be inspected today. Between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. At 1:45 another notice was slipped under my door. The inspection has be set back to June 13th. I don't know why they waste our and their time on this. They never fix anything they find wrong or broken. It took them six years to fix the crack in my ceiling. And only because HUD fined them. It was on their list every year.

I didn't even bother to get the apartment inspection ready. I knew this was going to happen.

I tell you, I deal with mutant idiots in this building. :angel:

At the beginning of the month we received a notice that all the apartments were to be inspected today. Between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. At 1:45 another notice was slipped under my door. The inspection has be set back to June 13th. I don't know why they waste our and their time on this. They never fix anything they find wrong or broken. It took them six years to fix the crack in my ceiling. And only because HUD fined them. It was on their list every year.

I didn't even bother to get the apartment inspection ready. I knew this was going to happen.

I tell you, I deal with mutant idiots in this building. :angel:

Didn't you just go through this a few months ago????

PF, while I have you here. I can't thank you enough for the tip on taking pills. I take 17 pills every morning. Two are Gabapentin capsules and were always getting stuck sideways in my throat. The two Ranexa are also large oblong pills. The same problem. Since the tip, down they go. Thank you. :angel:

LOL!! Which tip did I offer?:LOL::ROFLMAO: You are welcome, of course!

LOL!! Which tip did I offer?:LOL::ROFLMAO: You are welcome, of course!

The one about not throwing your head back when taking pills, tilt your head down instead. The stroke victim thing. I, too, found this works really well! Thanks PF!

Last edited:
The one about not throwing your head back when taking pills, tilt your head down instead. The stroke victim thing. I, too, found this works really well! Thanks PF!

Oh! Yes, that is a good trick. I was running my brain through applesauce, pudding, crushing...

You are very welcome...I didn't know I gave such good advice!:rolleyes:

Oh! Yes, that is a good trick. I was running my brain through applesauce, pudding, crushing...

You are very welcome...I didn't know I gave such good advice!:rolleyes:

I told DH about it too, he was impressed and uses the technique as well.

DH came downstairs swearing a blue streak. The TV remote wasn't working. He'd tried everything, he couldn't change the channel, it wouldn't go on and off, what was I gonna do about it? I changed the batteries, and it now works just fine. Huh.

Last edited:
DH came downstairs swearing a blue streak. The TV remote wasn't working. He'd tried everything, he couldn't change the channel, it wouldn't go on and off, what was I gonna do about it? I changed the batteries, and it now works just fine. Huh.

We have a fancy Logitech remote with a little lcd screen on it, for days it has been giving the message "please replace batteries". Rob has been contorting his body trying to get it to work since I guess the signal was weak. He couldn't get the shows to stop fast forwarding during the commercials because the batteries were so weak. Finally I said, "stop being so lazy and get some new batteries out of the drawer!" He says "oh, it works a lot better now" gee I must be some kind of genius or something!:ROFLMAO:

Shrek gets mad at things and throws them away, I dig them out, change the batteries and put them back. Several times he has thanked me for getting him a new "whatever".

Back
Top Bottom