Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beagle would LOVE to have a cat attached to her. Unfortunately, the cats she's interested in don't feel the same about Beagle. I've often thought about taking her to the Humane Society, and allowing her to select her own cat. Then I realize that I don't need another pet.

Beagle would LOVE to have a cat attached to her. Unfortunately, the cats she's interested in don't feel the same about Beagle. I've often thought about taking her to the Humane Society, and allowing her to select her own cat. Then I realize that I don't need another pet.

Aw Beagle needs a Kitten...

What a funny and sweet dog. Maybe someday she'll find a feline friend.

Smokey thinks all cats belong up in trees! Hope you're feeling better PAG

I'm working with a hangover. I should know better. Come on 5 am

GASP! I had to go through DC withdrawal last night! :ohmy: I have my usual times I play here, mostly mid-afternoons and very late at night. Well, pretty much very early in the morning. :LOL: Imagine my reaction when I settled down with my glass of wine and tried to load the DC page - nothing! Got the "Oops" window or the "unable to locate" window. What? Even went back into my history to try and connect through a previous page I had viewed earlier. Still nothing. :( Finished my wine and went to bed...early. If I'm crabby today it's DCs fault since I couldn't fall asleep without my fix.

I hate it when DC decides to do a maintenance shutdown on Friday mornings...I'm already stressed fropm the week and then I cant reach DC...<shriek>

Please excuse my vent.

No matter what, do not die! Don't ever die. It is HORRIBLY expensive. I've been trying to get Mom's marker right. The cemetery folks can't spell my town right for billing. The marker guy can't get her DOB right, and can't punctuate. They are all so sweet, but fer Pete's sake, I can dig up a rock, inscribe it with my Dremel, and stick it in the ground. And dig a hole to plant Mom's ashes nearby. Or sprinkle her somewhere.

We didn't have a funeral. The cremation and other expenses were unbelievable. And to have Mom planted, even though she's in the size of a large cereal box, is outrageous. I could dig the hole myself.

Last edited:
Shrek is being sprinkled in the mountains...as soon as I can join him. My brother has all the details for where. Our urns have already been purchased...we got to pick them out.

Pour/sprinkle some of me in the ocean off a reef in Cozumel. Maybe some in the Mississippi. I'll need to be divided.

DH and I really do need to update our wills. Neither of us have any desire for formal burials.

Last edited:
Mom's in a cardboard box. My sister gets to transport her to her final rest. Just hope she doesn't mistake her for Lucky Charms!

Mom's in a cardboard box. My sister gets to transport her to her final rest. Just hope she doesn't mistake her for Lucky Charms!

When my frist husband died, he had stated many years earlier that he wanted to be cremated and his ashes sent to England. His oldest son wanted to take care of that. So I let him. Well, he was cremated, but his ashes are in a small cardboard box with his name on it. So today, he sits in Spike's front closet up on the shelf still waiting. When Sandy was alive, she refused to go in that closet. Then one day in the midst of an argument, she told Spike to go and take his father with him. He went to stay with my sister. He put his father up in the attic at my sister's house.

Fast-forward ahead a couple of years. When my sister was cleaning out the attic she picked up a small cardboard box. She shook it and heard some rattling. (There were little pieces of bone mixed in with the ashes.) She went to take off the cover and saw "Cremains of ..... She dropped that box in a hurry, flew down the stairs and called Spike. Screaming, she demanded that he come and get his father. So he did. Well he carried him around in his work van. He kept him on the passenger's seat. He would warn folks not to sit on his father when they got in the van. After a few folks refused to ride in the van with his father he brought him inside. He is now safely back in the front closet. :angel:

Last edited:
There is a way that you can have the cremains made into jewelry. I may try that with DH. Hmm. Wonder if it works pre-cremains.

GASP! I had to go through DC withdrawal last night! :ohmy: I have my usual times I play here, mostly mid-afternoons and very late at night. Well, pretty much very early in the morning. :LOL: Imagine my reaction when I settled down with my glass of wine and tried to load the DC page - nothing! Got the "Oops" window or the "unable to locate" window. What? Even went back into my history to try and connect through a previous page I had viewed earlier. Still nothing. :( Finished my wine and went to bed...early. If I'm crabby today it's DCs fault since I couldn't fall asleep without my fix.

what is your dc history, goddess? you joined dc two years before me, but I've only known you beginning earlier this year. you post just like the dc junkie you profess to be, yet average less than one post per day. care to share, goddess?:)

Back
Top Bottom