Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting here and Windows decides it is just the right time to install an important update. It shuts down my computer and when it comes back, I can't even get my home page. So I went in and did a restore. Oh great. It wiped out all my saved email for DC. I also had some important names and addresses that I was going to add to my contact list. Gone!

This is more than a Petty Vent but not quite a Raging Angry Vent. Dang close to it though. I hate Windows! :angel:

Ads, buy a Mac...then you wont have to deal with Windows :)

I love my Mac Mini and the OP system on it is so good and easy to use ;)

Ads, buy a Mac...then you wont have to deal with Windows :)

I love my Mac Mini and the OP system on it is so good and easy to use ;)
Yeah, but a Mac will cost about three times as much.

Addie, since you probably don't have to have any software that only runs on Windog, you could consider running Linux on your current computer. You can get just about any software you might need for free for Linux.

Addie, since you probably don't have to have any software that only runs on Windog, you could consider running Linux on your current computer. You can get just about any software you might need for free for Linux.

I'm with you taxlady I'm not sure how they can justify the price of a mac. The operating system is great, but the hardware itself isn't anything special that only they have, most is the same stuff that you'll find in a pc. I've built a pc, and it's cool being able to completely customize it.

I run Linux on an old laptop in the kitchen, it's a really solid operating system and Free!

I too love Mac, but it is and always will be way out of my price range. Spike is in the process of cleaning up my computer. I have already noticed it is running much faster. Today he is my hero. :angel:

I too love Mac, but it is and always will be way out of my price range. Spike is in the process of cleaning up my computer. I have already noticed it is running much faster. Today he is my hero. :angel:
You could try out Linux without taking Windog of your computer. It is possible to have "dual boot". That means you would be able to choose between Linux and Windows when you start your computer. That way you could try out Linux before deciding to give up Windows.

I'm teaching myself to use my left hand for mousing and track pad. I've got inflammation in my right wrist, again. Previously, that only happened from mousing too much. This time it started from using the trackpad/touchpad. I bought a small, wireless mouse, but that doesn't seem any better.

Switching between mouse and trackpad is annoying. I want the cursor speed slow for the mouse and fast for the trackpad. Aargh!

I'm teaching myself to use my left hand for mousing and track pad. I've got inflammation in my right wrist, again. Previously, that only happened from mousing too much. This time it started from using the trackpad/touchpad. I bought a small, wireless mouse, but that doesn't seem any better.

Switching between mouse and trackpad is annoying. I want the cursor speed slow for the mouse and fast for the trackpad. Aargh!

Try switching to your left hand for awhile. It is tough at first, but can be done. It is also good for your brain to use the non-dominate hand for routine things like brushing your teeth in the morning.

Try switching to your left hand for awhile. It is tough at first, but can be done. It is also good for your brain to use the non-dominate hand for routine things like brushing your teeth in the morning.
That's what I'm doing. Yeah, I should probably try to do as much as possible with my left hand. I just washed some dishes by hand and had to do it mostly left-handed, because it hurt when I used my right hand for scrubbing, etc. I am of the firm belief that if it hurts, it's your body telling you to stop doing it. (Doesn't count for "good pain". That's just a warning to be careful, go easy.)

The hard part is remembering to use my left hand. I'm no spring chicken and I've never had to use mostly my left hand before. Teaching an old dog new tricks. :ermm: :LOL:

To make it easier, you can also use the settings in Control Panel/Mouse to reverse the functions of the buttons so that your main functions are controlled by the right button (your left index finger) and alternate functions are controlled by the left button (your ring finger).

You also might be able to control the speed of each, mouse and trackpad there too.

To make it easier, you can also use the settings in Control Panel/Mouse to reverse the functions of the buttons so that your main functions are controlled by the right button (your left index finger) and alternate functions are controlled by the left button (your ring finger).

You also might be able to control the speed of each, mouse and trackpad there too.
It only lets me set the speed. Then that is the speed for both the mouse and the trackpad. :ermm:

Good idea about switching the buttons. I haven't really been using the mouse left handed, but I might do that if I start using the mouse too. A long, long time ago, I had a left handed husband. He got a track ball and attached to the left side of the keyboard. It was really easy to use left handed. I had forgotten about that. I wonder if I could get something like that now.

Can't you change the speed when you switch between them or are both on at the same time.

When I want to use the trackpad, I have to turn it on, otherwise casual brushing sends the cursor flying all over the place.

I just tried turning off the trackpad on my laptop, not allowed to for some reason. I have a wireless mouse installed, love it, but I have the problem of wandering cursor when I am typing.

Company...Shrek's Navy buddy and his wife, Columbo and the Mrs. will be here Friday. We found this out Monday. There is no way I can take time off while they are here on such short notice. So...I'm going to wish the three of them well and wave them good-bye. The cats and I will stay nice and cool, most likely running naked with scissors.

Can't you change the speed when you switch between them or are both on at the same time.

When I want to use the trackpad, I have to turn it on, otherwise casual brushing sends the cursor flying all over the place.
I'm currently using both, but mostly the trackpad left handed. I'm using whatever is causing no pain.

I broke my spacebar a few months ago, it's still somewhat usable. I keep forgetting to order a new one, it will cost all of $5-6, my wallet isn't always near my laptop, I'm just used to ordering from places with my card on file that it can take forever for me to get it together and order from someplace new, LOL.

I broke my spacebar a few months ago, it's still somewhat usable. I keep forgetting to order a new one, it will cost all of $5-6, my wallet isn't always near my laptop, I'm just used to ordering from places with my card on file that it can take forever for me to get it together and order from someplace new, LOL.

I keep all that info in a password protected file on my computer so I don't have to go running for my wallet every time I want to order something online.

Baby Bro's wifey, The Princess. (Not you, PF). Gah. The only person on Earth who has ever had a child. We.. Must.. Cater..and..obey..

And she is a petty vent. Although I have a few other words that might work too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom