Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I broke my spacebar a few months ago, it's still somewhat usable. I keep forgetting to order a new one, it will cost all of $5-6, my wallet isn't always near my laptop, I'm just used to ordering from places with my card on file that it can take forever for me to get it together and order from someplace new, LOL.

Or you could memorize the number. :) Himself used to panic when I rattled it off at a snap, even reciting the expiration date and my security code. Had to remind him repeatedly that I log into the account using the number as the I.D. and I pay a number of bills by phone using number/expire/security code. He's finally to the point where he now knows I'm not spending us into the poorhouse!
:LOL:

My laptop has a button beside the power button to turn the touchpad on or off.

I had to go to the diagram of the computer that shows where everything is to find it.

It's not in Control Panel.

No more runaway cursor. Whew!

Dear Mr. Headache:

Could you please come back to play some other time? :ermm: I'm a little busy right now playing hostess to Mr. Sore Toe and Ms. Achy Back. :( Thank you.

Sincerely, CG

Thanks taxy! :) I'm thinking I might be low on caffeine. Haven't had any coffee with this hot weather and I've been drinking more plain water than tea. Think I'll load up on ice tea and make myself some mocha lattes. Just have to remember to make lots of extra coffee later. Then I mix some Hershey syrup into the last of the coffee while it's a little warm, pour it into an old glass milk bottle, and keep in the fridge until I want some. Then I pour it over crushed ice, add a little cream and even more milk, and enjoy. Oh that sounds good. Gonna go brew!

Low on caffeine would explain headache.

I read your post CG, and went straight into the kitchen to make myself an ice cafe au lait: double espresso, ice cubes, fill the mug with cold milk. Yum.

Okay, Columbo and the Mrs. showed up today. I about freaked as I was busily cleaning the apartment and had sat down for a break when they called and said they were outside our door. I wasn't even dressed, just had a house dress on. Luckily they are really tired and are going to the motel to sleep. Shrek will meet up with them tomorrow and we'll go to dinner when I get off work.

I still have the kitchen to work on...the place with all the flat surfaces.

Or you could memorize the number. :) Himself used to panic when I rattled it off at a snap, even reciting the expiration date and my security code. Had to remind him repeatedly that I log into the account using the number as the I.D. and I pay a number of bills by phone using number/expire/security code. He's finally to the point where he now knows I'm not spending us into the poorhouse!
:LOL:

Hey, the poorhouse is not such a bad place to be. When you go to the poor house, you finally qualify for something. Anything. You work all you life and watch your neighbors getting fuel assistance, food stamps, lower rent, etc. They didn't have to work for years to get to the poorhouse. They started out there and some have never made any effort to leave it. The rest of us though worked our way here through years of difficult times. Then through the aging process we finally earned the right to walked through the doors of the poorhouse with our heads held high knowing that we worked hard to get here. No a bad place to be. We know our waning years will be spent living in comfort and having our wants and needs being met. :angel:

That's reassuring to know Addie! Actually, our wants are little and our needs are even less. Mom was so good at making lots with little that we would say she squeezed the buffalo so hard it would poop dimes. :LOL: And when Mom said it she didn't say "poop". :ROFLMAO: Now our daughter says I'm so good with money that I could get two dimes worth of stuff from one nickel. When Himself was laid off my first thought wasn't about paying for the house (it was paid off, thanks in part to the proceeds of selling Mom and Dad's home) or how would we eat, but "Oh No! Himself is going to be home ALL the time?" :ohmy:

You've got about a dozen years on me. By the time I get to the poorhouse there won't be anything left to support me!:LOL:

That's reassuring to know Addie! Actually, our wants are little and our needs are even less. Mom was so good at making lots with little that we would say she squeezed the buffalo so hard it would poop dimes. :LOL: And when Mom said it she didn't say "poop". :ROFLMAO: Now our daughter says I'm so good with money that I could get two dimes worth of stuff from one nickel. When Himself was laid off my first thought wasn't about paying for the house (it was paid off, thanks in part to the proceeds of selling Mom and Dad's home) or how would we eat, but "Oh No! Himself is going to be home ALL the time?" :ohmy:

You've got about a dozen years on me. By the time I get to the poorhouse there won't be anything left to support me!:LOL:

And that is the sad part for your generation. When I was just a brand new bride, my husband didn't think I would know how to handle money. So he kept a close eye on my spending. When he would ask me how did I spend that ($........) amount of money, I could account for every cent and then count out the change that was left over. After a couple of months of this, he started to just leave his paycheck on the table unopened. I would sign his name, cash the check, give him his allowance, pay the bills and still have some left over when he got paid again. One time he got a raise. I used it to pay off a couple of small bills. After a few weeks of this I increased his allowance. He was surprised. "What's this for?" He had no idea that he had received a raise. I split the difference with him. :angel:

And that is the sad part for your generation....

I'm guessing you're referring to the last part only. I'm old enough to have been taught how to manage money AND have the learnin' stick! Make It Due-Wear It Out-Use It Up. I've managed our money practically all our married life. I quit work when the babies showed up and ran a ledger for all our expenses. When the paycheck hit the bank I'd portion out what needed to be set aside for each expense, then pay the bills that were coming due. We've been blessed in that Himself had a job that allowed us to do such a thing and meet all expenses with some left over. Not wanting fancy vacations or cars worked too. ;) We're just simple folk.

I'm guessing you're referring to the last part only. I'm old enough to have been taught how to manage money AND have the learnin' stick! Make It Due-Wear It Out-Use It Up. I've managed our money practically all our married life. I quit work when the babies showed up and ran a ledger for all our expenses. When the paycheck hit the bank I'd portion out what needed to be set aside for each expense, then pay the bills that were coming due. We've been blessed in that Himself had a job that allowed us to do such a thing and meet all expenses with some left over. Not wanting fancy vacations or cars worked too. ;) We're just simple folk.

I'm guessing you're referring to the last part only. Exactly. What is going to be left for your generation when your time comes? We seem to only elect idiots to Washington.

Make It Due-Wear It Out-Use It Up. Did your mother know my mother? We didn't throw out a sock with a tiny hole, we darned it before it got too big. A skill not too many know today. I remember a winter jacket I had from when we lived on the farm. The lining was in tatters. So my mother cut it all out and it became a spring jacket. That jacket lasted me for about another five years. :angel:

I've never used this thread before now, but I guess this is the place for my rant.

Did anyone watch the Macy's fireworks show in NYC last night? The light show was spectacular over the Hudson as usual, but the music was HORRIBLE!!
It seems that Usher was responsible for the music choices, and while I enjoy him as a performer, his choices of music for the fireworks celebration actually made me angry. Where was the traditional patriotic music we all have come to associate with the celebration? While most of the selections would have been ok in the pre-show, they were ridiculous in being played during the light show! I really missed the heart booming traditional music, and when they started playing a RAP selection I turned the sound off!!!
Ghaaaaa........:mad::angry::w00t2::censored::hammer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the fireworks display and Boston Pops musical performance last night in Boston. I look forward to it.

I missed the fireworks display and Boston Pops musical performance last night in Boston. I look forward to it.

Too bad. They shot some of the fireworks off from the Mass. Ave bridge when they were playing the Stars and Stripes Forever. It looked like the shell was framed in fire works. A beautiful effect. I hope they repeat it every year. I wasn't impressed with the guest stars at all. Names of New England performers I had never heard of that supposedly made it big.

Kayelle, half of the celebrations' is the music we have heard since childhood. I have to admit, that the chosen works were spot on for us. As a rocket lit up, the music was right in time with it. I don't know who is responsible for choosing it to work that way, but as you sit there watching and listening, it dawns on you how it all works together. If there was a lull in the rockets, so to for the music. Remind me not to come to NY for a 4th celebration. :angel:

Too bad. They shot some of the fireworks off from the Mass. Ave bridge when they were playing the Stars and Stripes Forever. It looked like the shell was framed in fire works. A beautiful effect. I hope they repeat it every year. I wasn't impressed with the guest stars at all. Names of New England performers I had never heard of that supposedly made it big...

I got home from my sister's last night and our guests were watching that Gordon Ramsey reality show and seemed to be into it so I didn't interfere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom