Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning it was another trip back to the Doc. Been feeling progressively worse the past 3 days.

Oh joy - now I have bronchitis :(

So on to another round of antibiotics and prednisone.

When I told DH about the pred he was visibly shaken.

Seems he still has vivid memories of a few weeks ago when I was on that and went into some serious mood swings LOL

He was cute .. "Oh no, well at least there is something they can do to help you out and just exactly how long will you be on that Prednisone?" :glare::LOL:

I'm so tired of this stupid sickness. I just want it to go away and leave me alone !!

The handyman did not end up coming over, I had to phone him too :rolleyes:

He said he had another job way down south that he got stuck at so couldn't come...also, he didn't have my number on him to phone me and let me know...not impressed!

He is going to come on Monday now, lets see if he does...if he doesn't, he has lost a job!

I dont put up with people like this!

This morning it was another trip back to the Doc. Been feeling progressively worse the past 3 days.

Oh joy - now I have bronchitis :(

So on to another round of antibiotics and prednisone.

I hope you are on the mend soon Mrs L

I hate Windows. Windows 8 is fast, but other than that, it sucks.

I can't seem my network because MS is using a new SAMBA protocol that only Win 8 uses. Well, this is the only computer in the house that's a Win 8 machine. Others are running Win 7, XP Pro, or Linux.

There is a fix. I can edit my registry to disable this new one, so it reverts to the old one. Grrrr. I hate editing the registry. It makes me nervous.

BTW, other computers can see this one.
Oops, it wasn't the fault of Windog, this time.

It was Kaspersky, my anti-virus, etc. software. I forgot to check its firewall. We have a firewall on the network server, so I forget about firewalls. :doh:

So, after a few settings changes in Kaspersky, I can see the other computers.

It was Kaspersky, my anti-virus, etc. software. I forgot to check its firewall. We have a firewall on the network server, so I forget about firewalls. :doh:

Glad you found your problem.

The printer at work up and died. I checked everything that I knew to check and e-mailed our procurer of computer things. The next day a tech came and and found the problem. Then Friday the tech came back with a box and performed maintenance on the printer...he complimented us on taking such good care of the printer, we had just worn it out. He replaced rollers and the fuser.

He siad it was my rundown of what was happening and having examples of the damage it was causing (before it went all 4 paws up) that led to him diagnosing the problem. Most diagnostics he runs take him from an hour to two hours...he found ours in 10 minutes.

The procurer thanked me for saving him $1400 on a new printer. I told him I would give him the bill for new shoes for having to run back and forth for print jobs, I wouldn't charge him a diagnostic fee.:LOL:

...He siad it was my rundown of what was happening and having examples of the damage it was causing (before it went all 4 paws up) that led to him diagnosing the problem. Most diagnostics he runs take him from an hour to two hours...he found ours in 10 minutes....

When you take a vehicle to the shop do you tell the mechanic about the buzzing noise that starts up when you first drive away, increasing in pitch until it gets so high you can't here it after you hit 25MPH? Or the rattle and vibrating noise that comes from under the rear of the car near the passenger side? I do...:unsure:

When you take a vehicle to the shop do you tell the mechanic about the buzzing noise that starts up when you first drive away, increasing in pitch until it gets so high you can't here it after you hit 25MPH? Or the rattle and vibrating noise that comes from under the rear of the car near the passenger side? I do...:unsure:

I just try to be observant...hate looking silly...as it was I still didn't really know how a Laserjet worked, so I didn't know to look for a fuser. Otherwise I could have just told our computer guy what we needed to fix it. I have fixed other things at work that has saved the company money...:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Must be great to have it all worked out :)

I have noticed this past week that every time I drive into the garage it smells pretty bad and had mentioned to DH that the garbage can that we keep in there must be smelling because of the heat. It's been low to high 70's with a few days in the high 80,s for the last month. We have had 30+ days of sunshine and no precipitation. Unusual for the PNW, where even summer is interrupted by a rainy day here and there and a few overcast days :/. Now I don't know what I was thinking to imagine it would be the garbage can smelling as very little food type waste goes in there we recycle and compost and freeze the yucky stuff until garbage day. ......I just found out what that awful stink is/was! I went to the garage to retrieve a few red potatoes for a side dish with tonight's grilled chicken thighs, PU! The full unopened 10lb. bag of small red potatoes was spoiled. That stinks in more ways then 1! I've had them about a week and a half maybe two weeks, there must have been a bad one in the bag to start with. Argh! I do have some new pets now ermm PESTS!

Last edited:
It is normal Taxy, sometimes the firewall is the last thing people think of...it is just so nice to have everything sorted, nothing worse than pc problems

I have noticed this past week that every time I drive into the garage it smells pretty bad and had mentioned to DH that the garbage can that we keep in there must be smelling because of the heat. It's been low to high 70's with a few days in the high 80,s for the last month. We have had 30+ days of sunshine and no precipitation. Unusual for the PNW, where even summer is interrupted by a rainy day here and there and a few overcast days :/. Now I don't know what I was thinking to imagine it would be the garbage can smelling as very little food type waste goes in there we recycle and compost and freeze the yucky stuff until garbage day. ......I just found out what that awful stink is/was! I went to the garage to retrieve a few red potatoes for a side dish with tonight's grilled chicken thighs, PU! The full unopened 10lb. bag of small red potatoes was spoiled. That stinks in more ways then 1! I've had them about a week and a half maybe two weeks, there must have been a bad one in the bag to start with. Argh! I do have some new pets now ermm PESTS!

That would pi** me off big time. I hate it when I lose food through no fault of my actions. A loss of ten pounds of food is not a very happy event. I know they say don't put them in the fridge. But I only buy a five pound bag and open it. Then I dump them into a crisper draw. After all it is a cool and dark place. Because of where I grew up, I prefer potatoes from Maine or P.E.I. I have very little problems with my 'taters. Very rarely do I find one that is bad. Have you found a solution to where to store them now? :angel:

Oh ick! Nothing stinks worse than rotten potatoes! Someone here had posted about forgetting a full sack in the trunk of their car, what a stench ensued!

Glad you found your problem.

The printer at work up and died. I checked everything that I knew to check and e-mailed our procurer of computer things. The next day a tech came and and found the problem. Then Friday the tech came back with a box and performed maintenance on the printer...he complimented us on taking such good care of the printer, we had just worn it out. He replaced rollers and the fuser.

He siad it was my rundown of what was happening and having examples of the damage it was causing (before it went all 4 paws up) that led to him diagnosing the problem. Most diagnostics he runs take him from an hour to two hours...he found ours in 10 minutes.

The procurer thanked me for saving him $1400 on a new printer. I told him I would give him the bill for new shoes for having to run back and forth for print jobs, I wouldn't charge him a diagnostic fee.:LOL:

I called my ISP's customer service number. I knew what the problem likely was, just couldn't fix it myself. I gave them the rundown on what was going on and the lady says "you seem to know what you are talking about, I'll schedule a tech and send them out, none of the things I can tell you to do will likely help". I just wanted to avoid the "unplug the modem and plug it back in" thing.

I called my ISP's customer service number. I knew what the problem likely was, just couldn't fix it myself. I gave them the rundown on what was going on and the lady says "you seem to know what you are talking about, I'll schedule a tech and send them out, none of the things I can tell you to do will likely help". I just wanted to avoid the "unplug the modem and plug it back in" thing.

Exactly, if I can give enough information on what is happening with what I have tried, the quicker we get to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom