Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No you are closer in age to me, we just never had a TV until I was 10 or 11. I never saw Howdy Doody when it was first aired.

My dad's family was the first in their area to have a TV, (had to go all the way to Boston fro Maine to get it) they would invite friends and neighbors over to watch. Everyone would get all dressed up for the occasion! My dad remembered laying on the floor totally mesmerized by the test pattern.

Thank you cat litter companies for deciding that every litter formula has to be "extreme odor control" or "multi-cat odor control". In fact, my little furball is so impressed with how clean it smells that he refuses to sully it and is instead is using our carpet. At this rate, by the time we're done steam cleaning our carpets a dozen times so we have a shot at getting our deposit back when we move, we'll have spent our deposit and then some on multiple steam cleanings. So thank you, our cat litter smells nice and clean and our carpet smells like a *&+%(#@ cat box.

Thank you cat litter companies for deciding that every litter formula has to be "extreme odor control" or "multi-cat odor control". In fact, my little furball is so impressed with how clean it smells that he refuses to sully it and is instead is using our carpet. At this rate, by the time we're done steam cleaning our carpets a dozen times so we have a shot at getting our deposit back when we move, we'll have spent our deposit and then some on multiple steam cleanings. So thank you, our cat litter smells nice and clean and our carpet smells like a *&+%(#@ cat box.
(((Hugs)))

It's such a PITA when kitties decide to pee in the wrong place. When I had two, they used to have peeing contests in the hall. :wacko:

Oh no, PAG! DH works for a company that produces The World's Best cat litter brand, with no odor control or anything else, all natural, made from corn. You can find coupons and rebates on line if you Google it, even get a free bag. It might be worth a try. You can find it at Petco and on Amazon, other places too.
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/...7d09aa92|48559ad6-24e8-4722-9cf1-8f2e50964afa

Last edited:
Oh no, PAG! DH works for a company that produces The World's Best cat litter brand, with no odor control or anything else, all natural. You can find coupons and rebates on line if you Google it, even get a free bag. It might be worth a try. You can find it at Petco and on Amazon, other places too.
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/natural-cat-litter/?hsCtaTracking=654300ce-03ee-4ecf-aec8-510d7d09aa92%7C48559ad6-24e8-4722-9cf1-8f2e50964afa

Thank you, we'll have to check it out.

p.a.g. when our stupid cat, only one in the house, decided to not use any one of the FOUR litter pans we had for her I took her to the vet. She had a UTI. Probably not your cat's problem, but at the same time the vet recommended "Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract" litter. Not cheap (maybe $15-18 for 40#??) but worth every penny. I blend it half-and-half with unscented litter now and our kitty still is OK with it. No urine accidents since I started using it years ago, but on occasion she doesn't quite make it to the pan for solids. She's probably getting a little old (shelter cat, so they weren't really sure how old she was when we adopted her). Also, if you want to get the smell out of anything I can also highly endorse "Nature's Miracle" Urine Destroyer. They have a formula specifically for cats. It works. :) Good luck...and don't kill kitty, OK?

Spent most of the day yesterday updating my email address for everything and everyone I have done business with or had contact with for the last decade.
I seen it comin'. My former ISP folded a couple of months ago, but claimed they were going to maintain the mail server. Looks like it didn't happen.

Spent most of the day yesterday updating my email address for everything and everyone I have done business with or had contact with for the last decade.
I seen it comin'. My former ISP folded a couple of months ago, but claimed they were going to maintain the mail server. Looks like it didn't happen.

That's a major pain in the butt. We changed from Comcast to Verizon last year and I went through that for SO and myself. I wish I'd been smart enough to switch to an email that wasn't connected to my internet provider.

That's a major pain in the butt. We changed from Comcast to Verizon last year and I went through that for SO and myself. I wish I'd been smart enough to switch to an email that wasn't connected to my internet provider.

I've had my own domain name since 1996, so I've had the same email address since then. When I've had to change providers, I just point it to the new one.

It is that, Andy.
I always preferred to deal with a local ISP. But, times are tough everywhere, and it turns out, the guy who was in charge at my former ISP has gotten in trouble over some kind of tax issue. I reckon Centurylink will be around awhile so maybe I will be good for a spell.
Frankly, I hope I don't live long enough to have to go through this again.
Next time, I will just shuffle along my merry way and let everyone wonder what happened to me. :LOL:

p.a.g. when our stupid cat, only one in the house, decided to not use any one of the FOUR litter pans we had for her I took her to the vet. She had a UTI. Probably not your cat's problem, but at the same time the vet recommended "Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract" litter. Not cheap (maybe $15-18 for 40#??) but worth every penny. I blend it half-and-half with unscented litter now and our kitty still is OK with it. No urine accidents since I started using it years ago, but on occasion she doesn't quite make it to the pan for solids. She's probably getting a little old (shelter cat, so they weren't really sure how old she was when we adopted her). Also, if you want to get the smell out of anything I can also highly endorse "Nature's Miracle" Urine Destroyer. They have a formula specifically for cats. It works. :) Good luck...and don't kill kitty, OK?

Thank you. We're pretty certain it's the cat litter since it started the day we switched to a new litter. The one we'd been using was discontinued. I'll check out those products. If it keeps him happy...

I've had my own domain name since 1996, so I've had the same email address since then. When I've had to change providers, I just point it to the new one.
I have had my own domain for years. I use it for biz. I use Gmail for social. My biz email forwards to Gmail.

Oh no, PAG! DH works for a company that produces The World's Best cat litter brand, with no odor control or anything else, all natural, made from corn. You can find coupons and rebates on line if you Google it, even get a free bag. It might be worth a try. You can find it at Petco and on Amazon, other places too.
http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/natural-cat-litter/?hsCtaTracking=654300ce-03ee-4ecf-aec8-510d7d09aa92%7C48559ad6-24e8-4722-9cf1-8f2e50964afa

We use The World's Best cat litter and it is awesome at odor control without all of the perfume. Friends have accused me of not having a cat, just a litter box to make them feel bad about theirs, our box is on the main level in the 1/2 bath and you never smell anything, even when the 30 days is coming up, yeah I only change it once a month!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom