Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting over a migraine, man they suck! I could do without the sweating and the nausea. I felt better this morning, but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. Bad thing about a day after a migraine, I feel kinda loopy even though I have no more pain killers active in my system. I told my coworkers to ignore me if I started talking nonsense, then I went to work on a deli slicer with a big spinning blade....

Getting over a migraine, man they suck! I could do without the sweating and the nausea. I felt better this morning, but I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. Bad thing about a day after a migraine, I feel kinda loopy even though I have no more pain killers active in my system. I told my coworkers to ignore me if I started talking nonsense, then I went to work on a deli slicer with a big spinning blade....

Gah! Count your fingers, Bakechef!

We use The World's Best cat litter and it is awesome at odor control without all of the perfume. Friends have accused me of not having a cat, just a litter box to make them feel bad about theirs, our box is on the main level in the 1/2 bath and you never smell anything, even when the 30 days is coming up, yeah I only change it once a month!

I told DH about your endorsement. I don't currently have a cat, but in reading the reviews, it sounds like a good product.

I feel ya! Even without taking meds I always feel loopy the next day, like my brain is too tired to work correctly after fighting the migraine all day. Fortunately I don't have a job where my safety is at risk if I'm not quite right.

This year seems to be a bad one for migraine sufferers. I've been hearing a lot of people talk about how they've gotten more this year than normal.

My apartment seemed to be warming up. So I turned the floor fan on. NOTHING HAPPENED! This is a brand new fan. Will have to have Spike look at it. I hate turning on the AC. The control for the AC has Cooler with an arrow pointing to the left and warmer with an arrow pointing to the right. Trying to find just the right spot where it will keep the room at a 72 degrees seems impossible this year. So the fan has been in use more than the AC. So once again I opened the window as far as I could. That seems to regulate the AC more than the controls. All I want is to be comfortable in my apartment. Grrrr! :angel:

The *#!!/&* kids at the top of the cross street who think EVERYONE in eastern MA want to hear them practice their heavy metal rock band stuff. :mad: Addie or Andy, do you hear them? It was bad enough the neighbor next door had the dogs out barking for over an hour and a half, but now THIS? Mind you, my collection of CDs do include some really heavy rock. I'm not opposed to the genre, just the volume.

BTW, the offenders are in a house about 600 feet from mine and the sound could not be louder unless the band were inside my head. :angry:

Thanks. I feel a little better now. :)

Ah, but I have high blood pressure chopper. Not good when I can hear my heart pounding in my ears. :ohmy:

They've stopped now...apparently the police heard and put the kabosh on the show. Happens every year. One of us in the neighborhood just has to call and say "send the guys over to the McDope's house" and the police just KNOW! The kids' are famous - in an infamous sort of way. :glare:

The *#!!/&* kids at the top of the cross street who think EVERYONE in eastern MA want to hear them practice their heavy metal rock band stuff. :mad: Addie or Andy, do you hear them? It was bad enough the neighbor next door had the dogs out barking for over an hour and a half, but now THIS? Mind you, my collection of CDs do include some really heavy rock. I'm not opposed to the genre, just the volume.

BTW, the offenders are in a house about 600 feet from mine and the sound could not be louder unless the band were inside my head. :angry:

Thanks. I feel a little better now. :)

You may not realize it, but there is a law on the books about how many decibels are considering annoying and not in the public interest. This covers motorcycles, your car radio, and band playing among other sounds created by your neighbors. Call you local police and ask about it. Ninety decibels (I think) is the breaking point. :angel:

I know that Addie. I also know the cops know THIS house just by telling them "the house at the top of..." or "the McDope's house" and they KNOW. Someone else called in apparently - the concert has stopped. I give them 20 minutes before I call, but I'm three houses and a street-width away. Unfortunately, the street the band is on is the one that is 90 degrees to our street. With the slight curve to our street the open garage door is directly in line with about 6 or 7 back yards before the street is no longer in the direct path of the storm.

When I lived in Everett a few years back, in the summer the cops would drive up and down the streets with a decibel reader. If the noise coming from your property or back yard was above the acceptable level, you were warned. The second time you got a citation and had to go to court. I have yet to hear of anyone beating it in court. Evidently they can do a printout of the decibels and have a camera showing the time and address. They have all their i's dotted and t's crossed. :angel:

I told DH about your endorsement. I don't currently have a cat, but in reading the reviews, it sounds like a good product.

I am a little hyper sensitive about smells, I didn't want a cat, but my mom thought that I should have one. I don't want my house to smell like a cat lives here. My grandmother had cats and was a terrible housekeeper, so that has always stuck with me. I have a friend that's house always smells like a litter box, she has one cat! Her house is fairly neat, but she keeps the box in the KITCHEN, and isn't diligent about keeping it tidy. I couldn't imagine keeping it in the same room where I prepared food!

Of all the stuff that I've used in the 13 years I've owned him this is by far the best.

I am a little hyper sensitive about smells, I didn't want a cat, but my mom thought that I should have one. I don't want my house to smell like a cat lives here. My grandmother had cats and was a terrible housekeeper, so that has always stuck with me. I have a friend that's house always smells like a litter box, she has one cat! Her house is fairly neat, but she keeps the box in the KITCHEN, and isn't diligent about keeping it tidy. I couldn't imagine keeping it in the same room where I prepared food!

Of all the stuff that I've used in the 13 years I've owned him this is by far the best.
Yeah, that smell is not pleasant. I don't understand the "cat box in the kitchen" thing either. I always put it next to a toilet. That just seems like the right place for it.

I'm glad you got to have a cat, but you do realize that you don't own the cat, don't you? Dogs have owners; cats have staff. :LOL:

Yeah, that smell is not pleasant. I don't understand the "cat box in the kitchen" thing either. I always put it next to a toilet. That just seems like the right place for it.

I'm glad you got to have a cat, but you do realize that you don't own the cat, don't you? Dogs have owners; cats have staff. :LOL:

My little guy (Burt) goes outside to do his "business". But when I first got him as a tiny kitten, he had to stay inside of course - so his litter tray was just next to the loo. I cannot imagine why anyone would put a litter tray in a kitchen.

And TL is quite right. We are our cat's servants! ;)

Ain't many things more distressing than waking up to find one's coffeemaker has bit the dust. How can something break overnight when it isn't being used?

:wacko: The same way my new floor fan was going just fine. I shut it off and a half hour later it would not work. :angel:

Six and a half years ago I had a hole in the bottom half of my right leg that was six inches long and about 4.5 inches across. The bone was showing and you could see the blood vessels along with the back of my leg. And it was extremely painful, needless to say. I was being cared for at Massachusetts General Hospital. A world wide known health facility.

In the year and a half once I turned 65 I was told that I was difficult to treat because I was not a 'full payment' patient. In other words Medicare paid only 80% of what the hospital and doctors received on their bills. Every time I went there, they wanted to take the easy way out and amputate my leg. I flatly refused and demanded that they do their job. My vascular doctor sent my to a plastic surgeon. He didn't want to do the job because he had a perfect record and didn't want me to be his first failure because I smoked. When I quit smoking he would close the wound up. He got only three visits from me before I walked out of MGH and headed over to BMC and ESP. In less than a month I had the necessary surgery and was able to dance at Poo's wedding and the traditional dance with my son.

Today I received the best news possible. I have been vindicated. Massachusetts General Hospital has been rated next to last for care of patients in Massachusetts. The only hospital lower than them is a very small hospital down near Rhode Island and only because they have no money and are in the throes of closing their doors. Then MGH will be right at the bottom! Right where they belong. And to think that at one time MGH was rated the best hospital in the world. Is there an emoticon for a happy dance? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom