Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those both sound better than my Father's comments about what hot dogs and bologna are made from! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I once read the "ingredients" for frankfurters.... I didn't eat a hot dog for several years. :sick:

But, what can you do? The smell is so good.... (Though don't eat hot dogs in New York just near Battery Park... the WORST ever.) I had such high expectations of a NY "dawg"!

And I won't lie people, NYC wasn't just about it being a fantastic city. (Which it is.) But my great uncle was one of those original Irish NYC policemen. (And yes, I know that doesn't mean he was a good person!) But my granddad (his brother) is on the wall at Ellis Island. Someone had to pay for that. (My granddad spent 20 years in America too.) For all I know, I have relatives in the US. :)

I once read the "ingredients" for frankfurters.... I didn't eat a hot dog for several years. :sick:

But, what can you do? The smell is so good.... (Though don't eat hot dogs in New York just near Battery Park... the WORST ever.) I had such high expectations of a NY "dawg"!

And I won't lie people, NYC wasn't just about it being a fantastic city. (Which it is.) But my great uncle was one of those original Irish NYC policemen. (And yes, I know that doesn't mean he was a good person!) But my granddad (his brother) is on the wall at Ellis Island. Someone had to pay for that. (My granddad spent 20 years in America too.) For all I know, I have relatives in the US. :)

Odds are, a fair number of us have relatives in your neck of the woods.

I am still so fricking mad after 2 (or is it 3 days now?). Somebody broke into my e-mail account and sent the bunch of spam, fine I can live with that, I’ll just apologies to everybody on my address list. But these bastards wiped my "In Box" clean and my "Contact" list clean. G-d knows what else they’ve done. They added a different e-mail for the notifications, so if I change something they will get an e-mail. I had a whole bunch of important e-mails I was keeping. Darn, darn, darn. I am so mad; did I tell you how mad I am right now?

A techie friend told me one day, that most hackers go for the contact list in your email account. To prevent this from happening make your first contact a phony one such as az36zAk0e89s1. Something that makes no sense at all. Just make sure it always begin with the letter "a". Since almost all email accounts have the first name listed starting with "A". Whether it be the first name or the last. Once they are into your email account, it is easy to get into the rest. :angel:

A techie friend told me one day, that most hackers go for the contact list in your email account. To prevent this from happening make your first contact a phony one such as az36zAk0e89s1. Something that makes no sense at all. Just make sure it always begin with the letter "a". Since almost all email accounts have the first name listed starting with "A". Whether it be the first name or the last. Once they are into your email account, it is easy to get into the rest. :angel:

There were very few contacts, as I've been using other accounts, but still.

Our Target used to sell Fleishman's pizza crust yeast. It was the best thing ever if you did not have time, but wanted to make a pizza. All it took was half an hour from start to finish and Pizza was done. I cannot find it any more, not anywhere in town. Too bad.

Charlie have you considered asking at the store's Customer Service booth? It couldn't hurt to ask.

Yeah, I have, more than ones. It is all corporate, and they don't care. For example. For years I have been buying sleepers in Target. There is this one particular kind my wife likes, but they only have them in size up to 10. In Minnesota? The land of Vikings and Amazon women? Size 10? I don't get it.

My neighbor bought herself a new set of pots and pans 3 months ago. She bought T-Fal. She really likes them. But the handles keep coming unscrewed. I told her to contact T-Fal. She did.

I can't believe the reply she got. They told her to box up the whole set and mail them to New Jersey. Then in about 4 - 6 weeks she would either receive them back repaired or have a new set delivered.

To me that is completely outrageous.

She has to pay for the shipping of a faulty product, she will be without her entire set for 4 - 6 weeks ???

Not very good custmer service I would say !

So I guess we will get some lock-tite and put the screws back in the handles for her.

Sad Sad Sad :(

I went to post a happy birthday wish on my MIL's Facebook wall, only to find the Write Post button had disappeared on iPad! Then I found that I couldn't post on anyone else's wall either, unless it was a comment on someone else's previous post. All that was left was Friend and Message. I don't know what happened. I was able to do it on iPhone. I looked all over the internet for an explanation, couldn't find one. My settings hadn't changed AFAIK. Grrrr.

Back
Top Bottom