Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad something finally fixed that leg of your Addie. If I had been you, as soon as that leg was better I would have marched myself right over to MGH and kicked those doctors in their butts. :LOL:

Went looking for the top ranked hospitals in the country. Oddly, MGH actually shows up in the top three best for a couple categories. :huh: The other odd thing I noticed was that even though Boston newscasters mention how the hospitals up here are the best in the country there are two names that are recurring in a lot of categories - Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic, with Johns Hopkins showing up quite a bit too. I don't remember any of those hospitals being in New England. :whistling

U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013-14

My son who is in the business has access to certain information that is not available to the public. He checked with the agency that accredits hospitals all over the world. Of all the hospitals in the U.S., MGH is the only one that had an instrument left in a patient after surgery. Patient ultimately died from complications. So they not only failed in the OR, but after in trying to find out what the problem was. It was during the autopsy that the instrument was found. No one thought to have an X ray done when the patient complained on the pain and infection set in?

When Poo was CEO of an ambulance company, he instructed his drivers to NOT bring any patient to MGH unless the patient insisted. When I had my last heart attack, the EMS wanted to take me to MGH. I refused, they insisted. I got off the gurney and told them I would stay home and die first before I would ever go back there. Their average waiting time in the ER is 57 minutes. :angel:

My neighbor bought herself a new set of pots and pans 3 months ago. She bought T-Fal. She really likes them. But the handles keep coming unscrewed. I told her to contact T-Fal. She did.

I can't believe the reply she got. They told her to box up the whole set and mail them to New Jersey. Then in about 4 - 6 weeks she would either receive them back repaired or have a new set delivered.

To me that is completely outrageous.

She has to pay for the shipping of a faulty product, she will be without her entire set for 4 - 6 weeks ???

Not very good custmer service I would say !

So I guess we will get some lock-tite and put the screws back in the handles for her.

Sad Sad Sad :(

Someone should let ATK know. They tout these pans on the "product tested" and like them. :angel:

So there's a secret list that contradicts all the public lists???

Yup! It gives an in depth report of it findings on every hospital it visits. It is constantly updated as inspections are ongoing year round. Most of it is written in medicalese. And I mean in depth. The level of microbes on nurses desks and keyboards. How many times they are observed washing their hands instead of relying on the gel. And you never know when they are going to show up. It is usually a team of medical personnel.

I have seen Poo reading a story to his son, finish and go wash his hands before he gave his wife a hug. Some habits become second nature.

One of the things I noticed about MGH was once the gel came into such wide use, there no longer were any sinks for the personnel to wash their hands when they were through with a patient. And most of the time, they didn't put gloves on when they worked with me. At BMC every room has a sink. And boxes of gloves in every size. :angel:

T-Fall is nothing but a garbage. I would never ever recommend it to anybody. By the contrast, I had some small problem with my new Kitchenaid, they send me brand new machine and the shipping sticker so I could send the bad one back.

Kitchenaid, huh? Good to know Charlie. It's nice to support businesses who support their customers.

There are two more who have provided excellent service. Cuisinart - never a problem with our coffee grinder-brewer in three years, replacing anything that was damaged due to operator error. Green Mountain Coffee - no problems with their "Coffee Club" regular order shipments. In fact, when they had a computer burp and sent my order SIX times in the same day (seriously, I didn't need nearly 2 dozen bags of coffee for those 12 weeks) rather than have me box the extras up and return to them with a label they would ship, she told me to keep them. I kept a double order worth and moved the rest over to the fire department. They would have split it with the police but the cops have a fancy Keurig - my order comes in whole bean only.

Geez I could just kick my self HARD! Just scorched my husbands uniforms while ironing them.:mad:

Note to self check setting twice before starting!!!!

Trying the hydrogen peroxide/water method to try and remove it.
If not who's adopting? :huh:

Someone should let ATK know. They tout these pans on the "product tested" and like them. :angel:

Addie - can you tell me who ATK might be?

T-Fall is nothing but a garbage. I would never ever recommend it to anybody. By the contrast, I had some small problem with my new Kitchenaid, they send me brand new machine and the shipping sticker so I could send the bad one back.

Well Charlie, while I may or may not agree with you, this is a little old lady on a very limited income. She gets what she can afford and she happens to love her pots and pans. They clean up very easily for her and with her fragile and weak hands that is a wonderful thing.

I just think it's very sad and pathetic that a company this big seems to have no real concern for the very people who keep money coming into their pockets.

Our Target used to sell Fleishman's pizza crust yeast. It was the best thing ever if you did not have time, but wanted to make a pizza. All it took was half an hour from start to finish and Pizza was done. I cannot find it any more, not anywhere in town. Too bad.

Charlie,

Have you tried Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast?

I prefer the regular active yeast, the rapid rise is great if you are in a hurry.

Well Charlie, while I may or may not agree with you, this is a little old lady on a very limited income. She gets what she can afford and she happens to love her pots and pans. They clean up very easily for her and with her fragile and weak hands that is a wonderful thing.

I just think it's very sad and pathetic that a company this big seems to have no real concern for the very people who keep money coming into their pockets.

ATK = American Test Kitchen :angel:

Geez I could just kick my self HARD! Just scorched my husbands uniforms while ironing them.:mad:

Hey if I can take in all the animals my youngest daughter used to bring home, I can make room for you also. You will find all the love and sympathy you could possibly need on the second shelf over the coffee maker. :angel:

Better yet do not iron his uniforms. ;-)

Sadly they take advantage of people like you. Sad.

Danged wrist is hurting more. The new topical anti-inflammatory only works for about 2 hours and only does a half arsed job at that. And I bought the wrong kind of flapper for my toilet. Not a happy camper.

Danged wrist is hurting more. The new topical anti-inflammatory only works for about 2 hours and only does a half arsed job at that. And I bought the wrong kind of flapper for my toilet. Not a happy camper.

Oh no. Aww, Taxy, feel better soon! Hope you can find the right flapper. {{{hugs}}}

When you get it, let Stirling change it!

Oh no. Aww, Taxy, feel better soon! Hope you can find the right flapper. {{{hugs}}}

When you get it, let Stirling change it!
Thanks Dawg.

I would feel silly asking Stirling to do it. It's got to be the simplest plumbing job ever. I just slip the old flapper off two little posts; slip the new one in place; and attach the chain to the handle lever. Takes no effort at all with the kind of flapper I have. The one I bought would have been a little more complicated - it needs to be slipped on over the overflow tube.

Back
Top Bottom