Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toto toilets and urinals are made in Japan. Imagine when the rock group Toto visited Japan on a concert tour during the 80's. Walking up to the urinals to take care of business, they saw their names prominently etched in front of their eyes.....LOL...

Early low flows did do a poor job of flushing. We have one on the low flows and it works as well or better than the one it replaced. I wouldn't hesitate to replace our second one with a low flow. Also, it's 2" higher.

So true Andy. My landlord couldn't wait to put a new toilet in. The only difference in the old and the new was that the tank was smaller. It took two, sometimes three flushes to get rid of solids. Needless to say, with three apartments in the building, his water bill almost doubled due to the two to three flushes each time. I got to the point of frustration that I kept a full bucket of water in the bathroom and would pour it in the bowl if there was solid waste. A year after I moved out, he replaced all the toilets again with the new designed ones. A very expensive lesson about greed there. :angel:

:wacko: I am kicking myself. I never remember to plug in my scooter. I got dressed and went to get on my scooter. There was barely enough charge in the battery to just get to my door. By the time it is fully charged it will be dark and that trip to the store will have to wait until tomorrow. I used to go out at night, but the older I get the less nerve I have. If I were twenty, I would never give darkness a second thought. I would be out that door in a flash. :angel:

I decided that I could cut off the extra part of the flapper I bought yesterday. It worked fine. My toilet fills its tank again. Yay!

Early low flows did do a poor job of flushing. We have one on the low flows and it works as well or better than the one it replaced. I wouldn't hesitate to replace our second one with a low flow. Also, it's 2" higher.

What kind of toilet was the one replaced?

<running and ducking>

THIS is the post you should be running and ducking on! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

BTW PF, how goes the fires? Anything getting contained? You getting a break from the smoke inhalation? Hope things settle down soon.

0% contained, over 8,000 acres involved. The smoke is really starting to bother me, but we have masks and oxygen if we need it. Just got off the phone with Shrek, he can't drive up since the roads are closed to "looky-loos". I have to be up early, so I'm off to my tent. Someone suggested french toast in the morning and someone else ordered the ingredients...:rolleyes:

Wanted to buy a new PC. MY company is offering a purchasing program as a part of benefits package, where they claim that we will receive a 12% discount of purchase of new Dell. Called the Dell. Guess what, the discount is only 2%. Bastards.

Wanted to buy a new PC. MY company is offering a purchasing program as a part of benefits package, where they claim that we will receive a 12% discount of purchase of new Dell. Called the Dell. Guess what, the discount is only 2%. Bastards.
Tell your company.

Doesn't his company provide free laundry service for his uniforms? :angel:

Actually have say that my company is not always bad. They do provide uniform and the laundry service. It is a huge help, huge. I work in a dirty machine shop; I love laundered shirts and pants every day.

Actually have say that my company is not always bad. They do provide uniform and the laundry service. It is a huge help, huge. I work in a dirty machine shop; I love laundered shirts and pants every day.

Charlie I once worked for a company that provided laundry service and the bill used to cross my desk. I know how expensive it is. So it is a huge help. They also provided heavy winter jackets along with other articles of clothing. Shorts and T shirts in the summer, work boots, safety glasses, etc. It was an very costly expense that the company ate. They also offered full medical and dental BC/BS coverage and paid 3/4 of the monthly premium. :angel:

Charlie I once worked for a company that provided laundry service and the bill used to cross my desk. I know how expensive it is. So it is a huge help. They also provided heavy winter jackets along with other articles of clothing. Shorts and T shirts in the summer, work boots, safety glasses, etc. It was an very costly expense that the company ate. They also offered full medical and dental BC/BS coverage and paid 3/4 of the monthly premium. :angel:

That must have been some company, nobody does things like that anymore .

That must have been some company, nobody does things like that anymore .

When I first went to work for them, they were writing their bills out by hand. No typewriter, letterhead, etc. That was the first year. By the end of that year, they were worth over $1m. And from there the company has just kept growing. They shared that growth with their workers because the owner realized that without them, there would be no company. :angel:

I submit for your review the following "conversation":

Person1(P1) - I'm going to go over there early to make sure the system connects to their network. I can't remember if I've ever connected to it before.

Person2(P2) - I'm pretty sure you did.

P1 - OK, well I'm still going to go over early because I can't remember for sure.

P2 - Weeelll, I'm pretty sure you did.

P1 - Well, I don't remember and I want to be sure.

P2 - Well I'm just telling you I think you did.

P1 - That's fine, you already said that. I get it. But this is for work so I'm just telling you I want to be sure.

P2 - Well, I'm pretty sure you did.

Would you consider this an argument?

Person1(P1) - I'm going to go over there early to make sure the system connects to their network. I can't remember if I've ever connected to it before.

P1 - OK, well I'm still going to go over early because I can't remember for sure.

P1 - That's fine, you already said that. I get it. But this is for work so I'm just telling you I want to be sure.

Hmm, good question.

It's time for P1 to say, "What's your point?" :LOL:

I think P2 should have dropped it after the first exchange and let P1 go to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom