Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is only one reason I have an account on FB. To be able to view family photos. Unless I receive a notice that there are new pictures, I never go there. And any response I post is short and sweet or just a thumbs up. Folks seem to have forgotten that any pictures you post or write becomes the property of FB and can be sold and used in advertising. :angel:

Folks seem to have forgotten that any pictures you post or write becomes the property of FB and can be sold and used in advertising. :angel:

This is not true. Your intellectual property remains your property. By using the service, you grant Fb a license to use your intellectual property subject to how you have set your privacy and application settings. This ends when you delete your account.

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

This is not true. Your intellectual property remains your property. By using the service, you grant Fb a license to use your intellectual property subject to how you have set your privacy and application settings. This ends when you delete your account.

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

And most folks don't even read the privacy notice. Specially today's young folks. :angel:

There is only one reason I have an account on FB. To be able to view family photos. Unless I receive a notice that there are new pictures, I never go there. And any response I post is short and sweet or just a thumbs up. Folks seem to have forgotten that any pictures you post or write becomes the property of FB and can be sold and used in advertising. :angel:

I really appreciate Facebook, it's actually brought me closer to a lot of friends and family. I have family that have scattered all over and for the most part we had lost touch, I would get updates on their lives through my mom but timing was never right for us to all be at home in Maine at the same time. Facebook has brought us closer.

With that said, I have a lot of friends hidden because they are just annoying and have no clue how to behave on social media, some I have unfriended, but if it is someone I care about but just don't want to them cluttering up my newsfeed , or I don't want to see constant negativity.

So sorry to hear of all that going wrong joesfolk. Been there. Seems like we just start to get ahead and BAM something else goes. Last thing was the hot water heater .. that was a bummer because we had just dealt with the fridge and the heater. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now !!

I predict that our water heater is next. Part of me just wants to replace it now so that I don't have to deal with an emergency.

I predict that our water heater is next. Part of me just wants to replace it now so that I don't have to deal with an emergency.
That's why we rent our water heater. It works out to a bit more than buying and paying for installation. But, they come fairly quickly for emergencies, even on holidays and that's covered by the service plan that is part of the bi-monthly fee.

I think that is a wise approach.

You can shop for a good deal and have it done at your convenience.

The new one will most likely be more energy efficient than the old one!

The time, money and aggravation you save will more than offset any loss on the remaining useful life of the old one.

You have the right idea. I wish we had done that. We talked about it but put it off .. boy did we pay dearly for that mistake !!

If you can swing it, go for it .. insurance for the future ya know !!

GLAAAAH!!!! I just went to load the dishwasher and my LAST intact visions saucepan had something dropped into it and has now broken! Sad sad day!!! I've had that pot for 20+ years dang it all. Replacing pots is wicked expensive and time consuming to find what I want. I'm not a happy girl.

GLAAAAH!!!! I just went to load the dishwasher and my LAST intact visions saucepan had something dropped into it and has now broken! Sad sad day!!! I've had that pot for 20+ years dang it all. Replacing pots is wicked expensive and time consuming to find what I want. I'm not a happy girl.

Alix, just start a thread :rolleyes: in the cookware section and you'll get more advice than you can handle.

CG, I DID find a replacement! Thanks for that.

Addie, Visions is made by Pyrex/Corningware. Its a glass type material and it is extremely durable most of the time. It isn't like pyrex in that you can put it on direct heat without it exploding. It can go from freezer to oven or stovetop. It can go in the microwave etc. It holds heat really well and heats up very quickly so you have to be careful not to scorch whatever you're cooking, but its pretty awesome stuff. I grew up using it and prefer it to stainless steel cookware. I used to have an entire set. Dutch oven, roaster, 3L saucepan, 2L saucepan and a little tiny one. I've broken each piece slowly but surely over the last 25 years. That 3L saucepan was indispensible though. It was my potato pot, my pasta pot, my EVERYTHING. I can make do with other stuff, but not without that.

But when it shatters, it SHATTERS! Into a million pieces. I dropped the cover to my Visions DO many Thanksgivings ago, what a mess, I think I'm still finding shards.

Mine have never shattered (whew!), mine have usually been victim to someone dropping something heavy into them while they are soaking in the sink waiting to get moved to the dishwasher.

I've broken one right in half once. That was cool - NOT. And the dutch oven was full of frozen turkey soup and I dropped the whole danged thing on the deck when the dog sideswiped my knees. Lost that whole batch of soup AND the DO!

I think my snit must have been fairly epic because when I started telling Ken what happened and what it would cost to replace them he just said, "get what you want dear" and left the house. :LOL: Wise man.

I bought a new DO, and a new 3L visions. They are being processed for shipping right now. I ALSO went out and found myself a 3L stainless steel version so I can actually make dinner tonight! LOL! I feel sooooo much better. Gotta love retail therapy.

Back
Top Bottom