Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think my snit must have been fairly epic because when I started telling Ken what happened and what it would cost to replace them he just said, "get what you want dear" and left the house. :LOL: Wise man.

I bought a new DO, and a new 3L visions. They are being processed for shipping right now. I ALSO went out and found myself a 3L stainless steel version so I can actually make dinner tonight! LOL! I feel sooooo much better. Gotta love retail therapy.

Alix, what makes Visions so special for you.? I never saw the advantage of glass pots and pans.

Andy, I like the heat retention (almost like CI), the easy clean up, being able to see everything cooking is kind of cool, and I really like that I can put it in the microwave, oven or on the stovetop. You can even freeze stuff in visions and put it directly in the oven. I have a couple of casserole dishes that I use for that purpose regularly. I often make rhubarb crisp or apple crisp and freeze it prior to baking. Then if I need a quick dessert, I can just toss it straight in the oven.

I think really what it is for me is that it is very versatile and it user friendly. I can boil potatoes on the stove, and then after I mash 'em I can put the pot in the oven to stay warm while I prep the rest of dinner. Its like CI only easier cleaning.

If I could have my big visions, my CI frying pan and my good chef's knife, I could do pretty much anything in my kitchen. Hmmm, thread idea?

I think that my vacuum sealer is dying. Got a great deal on ground chuck, and it took forever to seal 15 packs. First it would suck out all of the air but wouldn't go into seal mode, then when it would it would take forever to get there.

I think that my vacuum sealer is dying. Got a great deal on ground chuck, and it took forever to seal 15 packs. First it would suck out all of the air but wouldn't go into seal mode, then when it would it would take forever to get there.

I've found the same thing happening with my Foodsaver too, BC. Mine is about 8 years old. I have my eye on an upright model now, takes up much less counter space.

Oh, crap, too late now, but it could have been on your registery.

I've found the same thing happening with my Foodsaver too, BC. Mine is about 8 years old. I have my eye on an upright model now, takes up much less counter space.

Oh, crap, too late now, but it could have been on your registery.

Yeah, I wish I had thought of that! Well we do have gift cards for target so we could use those. Mine is a Rival seal-a-meal brand that I got for about $25 maybe 6 years ago at Big Lots, so I've definitely got my money's worth out of it!

Just woke up.I'd give anything to crawl back into my bed again. I'm tired.

My neighbors one behind me, one next door decided to have a show down with noise. I mean seriously loud window rattling noise. Yelling back and forth. Oooooommmmmmmmpaaaaapaaaahhhh music. All day starting at 1pm. Didn't stop until well after 2:30 am. The more one complained the worse it got. We were stuck in the middle. Noticed the only English version song that wasn't translated into Spanish was "Ice,Ice Baby" Bad word around here.

I see looking out the window the Oompa Loompa's still have the party tent up. This Lolly Pop Kid wants to beat them up!:mad: :LOL:

Munky.

My neighbors one behind me, one next door decided to have a show down with noise. I mean seriously loud window rattling noise. Yelling back and forth. Oooooommmmmmmmpaaaaapaaaahhhh music. All day starting at 1pm. Didn't stop until well after 2:30 am. The more one complained the worse it got. We were stuck in the middle. Noticed the only English version song that wasn't translated into Spanish was "Ice,Ice Baby" Bad word around here.

I see looking out the window the Oompa Loompa's still have the party tent up. This Lolly Pop Kid wants to beat them up!:mad: :LOL:

Munky.

Your story reminded me of my youth!

Forty years ago my friends and I rented a camp on a lake. We decided to have a party and the party lasted most of the night. At about 6:00am the next morning the elderly Polish couple in the camp next to ours cranked the stereo with a collection of Jimmy Sturr's greatest polka hits. No one from either camp ever said a word and we all lived quietly ever after! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:

Munky.

I will not hesitate to call the police about loud noise late at night. Most localities have ordinances saying you have the right to "quiet enjoyment of your property." I'd have called the police at midnight.

Around here quiet time starts at 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. The police start driving slow in the summertime listening to anyone having a party in their backyard and it is too loud after ten p.m. If the offending piece of equipment is your music, and they have to come back a second time, you will find your equipment being confiscated. :angel:

Around here quiet time starts at 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. The police start driving slow in the summertime listening to anyone having a party in their backyard and it is too loud after ten p.m. If the offending piece of equipment is your music, and they have to come back a second time, you will find your equipment being confiscated. :angel:

Our upstairs neighbor found out the no noise after 10 pm included using their washer and dryer. They both thrum through our apartment. They also found out I don't mind getting up at 3 am to vacuum and waking their little one up. She loves to run and carry on. They found that out after a 1 am vacuum marathon they had staged.

Our upstairs neighbor found out the no noise after 10 pm included using their washer and dryer. They both thrum through our apartment. They also found out I don't mind getting up at 3 am to vacuum and waking their little one up. She loves to run and carry on. They found that out after a 1 am vacuum marathon they had staged.

When I lived in a ground floor apartment the neighbor upstairs got what must have been the world's largest subwoofer for christmas.

My parents were visiting and we were jolted out of bed at 2 am by every window and door in my apartment rattling and a constant BOOM BOOM! I reported it to the complex management, it stopped for a while and then happened again, and lets just say, he didn't live there any more.

It would be much harder to remedy that type of situation in our townhouse since these aren't run by rental management.

I'm ready to pack up and head to the farm. My boarder/tenant is driving me crazy. I use the clothes line to dry my clothes. In the winter I hang them by the woodstove. I haven't used the dryer since 1996 (long story short, almost burned the house down, haven't used it since). Said tenant wants to use it EVERY DAY. I have said that there is a laundromat where he can use the dryer but my dryer is not available. I never said it was and I'm sick of being whined at about the dryer. It doesn't help he's only paid 1/2 the rent...I'm tempted to boot him out.

When I lived in a ground floor apartment the neighbor upstairs got what must have been the world's largest subwoofer for christmas.

My parents were visiting and we were jolted out of bed at 2 am by every window and door in my apartment rattling and a constant BOOM BOOM! I reported it to the complex management, it stopped for a while and then happened again, and lets just say, he didn't live there any more.

It would be much harder to remedy that type of situation in our townhouse since these aren't run by rental management.

I've had to move anything remotely breakable to low shelves, the vibrations from the washer and dryer upstairs vibrate things off the walls and shelves all the time. Two weeks ago when the glass globe in the kitchen fell, it was because of these vibrations...I had an injured cat over that. Not happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom