Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm ready to pack up and head to the farm. My boarder/tenant is driving me crazy. I use the clothes line to dry my clothes. In the winter I hang them by the woodstove. I haven't used the dryer since 1996 (long story short, almost burned the house down, haven't used it since). Said tenant wants to use it EVERY DAY. I have said that there is a laundromat where he can use the dryer but my dryer is not available. I never said it was and I'm sick of being whined at about the dryer. It doesn't help he's only paid 1/2 the rent...I'm tempted to boot him out.

Boot, Boot...it won't get any better. Move the dryer out to the curb.

I'm ready to pack up and head to the farm. My boarder/tenant is driving me crazy. I use the clothes line to dry my clothes.......I'm sick of being whined at about the dryer. It doesn't help he's only paid 1/2 the rent...I'm tempted to boot him out.

Boot, Boot...it won't get any better. Move the dryer out to the curb.

The dryer? Heck, I say move the boarder out to the curb. :D

When I lived in a ground floor apartment the neighbor upstairs got what must have been the world's largest subwoofer for christmas.

My parents were visiting and we were jolted out of bed at 2 am by every window and door in my apartment rattling and a constant BOOM BOOM! I reported it to the complex management, it stopped for a while and then happened again, and lets just say, he didn't live there any more.

We were the top-floor tenants in both apartments we have rented. First one had two girls who must have been on their own for the first time. Stereo blasting all the time so that we could hear the lyrics! I would break out in hives it would get so bad, and we'd leave to go visit his S & BIL or my parents. Finally one of the girls moved out when the other girl's boyfriend moved in...and we never heard anything from them after that.

In the second apartment it was newlyweds below us. Woke up one night to take a little walk down the hall ;) but before I got out of bed I heard *ahem* happy noises from below. Do I get up and disturb them? :ermm: But I gotta GO! :ohmy: As soon as I stated to walk around it got quiet. :LOL:

We've lived in our own homes ever since. Not a guarantee to peace and quiet all the time but it's a definite improvement.

I have an answering machine. When I am busy doing something (which is most of the time), I just let the machine/voice mail pick up. For the past month, I have been getting calls 3x/day from a number I do not recognize. The caller never leaves a message. I find that extremely annoying. Why call if you are not going to leave a message? And, why call back and then hang up? I have changed my message to say that if you call and hang up, don't expect a call back.

If you do a search for the number, you can often find out who the caller was.

I often google numbers and I can usually find out who it is.

I had a company calling on behalf of Verizon Wireless trying multiple times a week to sell me a new plan, that I don't want or need. They would only let it ring 3 times, and I was usually at work. I finally got a chance to speak to them and gave them an ear full. They haven't called since.

I have an answering machine. When I am busy doing something (which is most of the time), I just let the machine/voice mail pick up. For the past month, I have been getting calls 3x/day from a number I do not recognize. The caller never leaves a message. I find that extremely annoying. Why call if you are not going to leave a message? And, why call back and then hang up? I have changed my message to say that if you call and hang up, don't expect a call back.

For sure it is some sales pitch, they never leave a message.

For sure it is some sales pitch, they never leave a message.
I have had sales messages on my phone. Today I got one telling me about getting a free cruise to the Bahamas if I fill out a survey. That phone number is my reject list, so the phone doesn't ring, but it doesn't stop them leaving me stupid messages. I once got a sales pitch message that didn't fit before the answering machine cut off, so they called back to continue the pitch. I think it took four times for them to give me the whole pitch. grrrr

I don't answer out-of-area calls or calls from area codes I don't know. What really annoys me is when they wake me up from a nap.

We signed up for do not call. Did or does that stop them NOPE so I ask them to take me off the call list most do but there are several who kepp trying but my phone shows me who is calling so I just let it ring then they stop for several days and then come back ICKKKKK
kades

It's begun to get quite chilly at night and my tomato plants have given up :(

Seems we just got the garden going really good and now it looks like it's all over already .. not happy !!:neutral:

Finally have the phone lines fixed. Not exactly in perfect usage. But better then it has been. Pages are loading here. Able to stay and visit a while. Isn't that always nice? :LOL:

AT&T had better not charge me for the 5 days we went without usable phone service. The static was so bad I couldn't call out or receive phone calls. Net was unusable after 10 min.They never told me what happened to the main box. It's been a problem for years. Someone ran it over once. Rain drowned it the last time. The Tech did mention if it was an underground line it would never be fixed. AT&T will never put out the trouble or expense to dig up a sidewalk. We'll see about that. If they have the money to shell out for expensive commercials for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Golf. They got the moonies to throw me a rope!

Now I have to get with the whole world. Break down and get a cell phone of my own that I've adamantly refused to own. I hate those gadgets.

ThinkI'vehadtoomuchcoffee. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Last edited:
Finally have the phone lines fixed. Not exactly in perfect usage. But better then it has been. Pages are loading here. Able to stay and visit a while. Isn't that always nice? :LOL:

AT&T had better not charge me for the 5 days we went without usable phone service. The static was so bad I couldn't call out or receive phone calls. Net was unusable after 10 min.They never told me what happened to the main box. It's been a problem for years. Someone ran it over once. Rain drowned it the last time. The Tech did mention if it was an underground line it would never be fixed. AT&T will never put out the trouble or expense to dig up a sidewalk. We'll see about that. If they have the money to shell out for expensive commercials for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Golf. They got the moonies to throw me a rope!

Now I have to get with the whole world. Break down and get a cell phone of my own that I've adamantly refused to own. I hate those gadgets.

ThinkI'vehadtoomuchcoffee. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

No such thing and I am glad you are back online and in communication with the rest of the world.:)

Shrek forgot about his "Donut Hole" with Medicare Prescriptions...he ordered his most expensive med, which will last him almost a year, and it came to $732 for one med!!!! It's an inhaler he uses when he thinks about, maybe twice a week, this last one has lasted him almost a year, now he has 6 of them coming. I told him next time he waits for January when he is not in the darned "Hole" to order it. Arrrgh!!!

Shrek forgot about his "Donut Hole" with Medicare Prescriptions...he ordered his most expensive med, which will last him almost a year, and it came to $732 for one med!!!! It's an inhaler he uses when he thinks about, maybe twice a week, this last one has lasted him almost a year, now he has 6 of them coming. I told him next time he waits for January when he is not in the darned "Hole" to order it. Arrrgh!!!

He should be able to change the inhaler quantity to 2 or 3 and spread out the expense to avoid the dh.

He should be able to change the inhaler quantity to 2 or 3 and spread out the expense to avoid the dh.

Yes, we will remember that for the next time. The directions read 2 puffs twice a day, not as needed, so to them 6 = a 3 month supply. And of course, the prescription house was on the ball with this one and shipped almost as soon as he got done ordering. They usually take a day or two so we could cancel the order if we wanted or at least cut it back.

I think he should just remove it from his medications with them and get it singly from a local pharmacy, may cost a bit more, but this wouldn't happen. But, what do I know...:neutral:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom