Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky, that's terrible notice! How much you want to bet that this has been in the ACA for the last, what, four years? And they just realized they didn't do something they needed to do? Either that, or it took four years to read through that 2000+ page document. :erm:

We just got a bill from the provider for Himself's lab work five months ago! The appointment was about five weeks before COBRA ended. I figured by the time the bill went from the lab to the insurance company, then the insurance company got around to processing the claim, the policy had ended and we were no longer insured on that plan. They probably fought over whether or not they had to pay. Fortunately for us, the bill that showed up today is only for our part. *phew* Hope you have the same kind of happy results when your problem is resolved. Good luck.

I've had it with the corruption of the word "guest". Disney invites "Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest". Target says "I can help the next guest". Many hotels call the help department "Guest Services". And yet the people still expect me to PAY! :mad: Do they not know the meaning of the word "guest"?

NOUN:
a person who is entertained, taken out to eat, etc, and paid for by another

I'm a customer. Customers have to pay their own way. Just calls it like I sees it, OK? Otherwise I'll start refusing to pay my bills. ;)

We signed up for do not call. Did or does that stop them NOPE so I ask them to take me off the call list most do but there are several who keep trying but my phone shows me who is calling so I just let it ring then they stop for several days and then come back ICKKKKK
kades

It depends on the mood I am in. Sometimes I will answer and play with them. Let them give me their spiel, let them think I am really interested and then when they start to want the financial information, I tell them I don't have control over my money. I will have to contact the bank and ask them for permission. CLICK! How Rude! Other times I just hang up in the middle of their speech. :angel:

Downsizing to the extreme

Okay, I can understand losing an ounce here and there in can goods, cake mixes, etc. But today it was ridiculous.

I bought a box of book matches to keep on hand for candles, in case my lighter went dry at an inopportune moment. The matches are almost half the size they used to be. They are so short that you could easily get burned by them burning faster than you can use the light. I feel like I have a child's toy in my hand. :angel:

I keep Q lighters with the long nozzle for candles. I have several boxes of waterproof emergency matches that are not touched, unless there IS an emergency.

I keep Q lighters with the long nozzle for candles. I have several boxes of waterproof emergency matches that are not touched, unless there IS an emergency.

I haven't seen one of them in the stores lately. Or maybe I looked right past them. Since I don't BBQ, I am not in that aisle as a rule. Will have to see if I can find one. :angel:

We have a couple of those long nozzle lighters. We use them for lighting candles. No more burnt fingers.

I should get some wooden matches and waterproof them. Thanks for the reminder.

I get my long nozzle lighters at Dollarama.

Last edited:
We have a couple of those long nozzle lighters. We use them for lighting candles. No more burnt fingers.

I should get some wooden matches and waterproof them. Thanks for the reminder.

I get my long nozzle lighters at Dollarama.

In season, long nozzle lighters are cheap and everywhere. I bought my last one in the supermarket. They are the best option for lighting candles. as it's easier to reach into tall candles in glass holders, etc. I use mine to start my charcoal starter.

When we had the wood burning stove, my mother always had the wooden stick matches hanging on the wall in the holder. Just so many would fall into the little curved tray at the bottom. It had a striker on the side. It was red with flowers on the front. :angel:

I would have been better off buying stick kitchen matches. :angel:
Just try and find them Addie. The last time I looked a couple years back I couldn't find them at any store I checked. I figured that they went bye-bye when gas stoves stopped having a constantly burning pilot light.

Another vent about our neighbors-from-hell. We had a nice stack of firewood. All split, with a big pile of cut logs further back in the woods, sitting there from when we had a tree removed a year or two ago. We use our fireplace pretty regularly in the winter, but certainly not ever day. Well, unless there is a power outage. Three years ago our firewood was an absolute Godsend because we kept the house liveable. Well Himself was out back when the guy next door asked about the wood. Himself told this neighbor that he could have "some". Next thing I know half the newer (uncovered) wood is gone! I saw the neighbor and told him that I wanted to keep the split wood for ourselves, especially since we had paid to have it split, and that he could use the logs that still needed splitting. After all, he's half our age with a teenaged son. Plenty of young muscle. Well...I look out the window at the woodpile on Friday and it's almost gone! If we're really careful we might have enough for the holidays. But in all likelihood Himself is going to need to split the whole logs since jerkneighbor decided he was above splitting wood. I swear there are people you can not be a little bit nice to because then they take full advantage of you being generous.

Oh, and I moved his wheelbarrow over by his deck. It had been sitting just inside our property line. Guess he didn't want to carry a few logs to their fire ring. :glare:

My supermarket has the kitchen matches. But you have to buy three of them at a time. They are wrapped as one package. And you also can buy the little boxes of stick matches for cigar smokers. They come 12 to a package. I should get some to see they have been shortened or have less to a box now. :angel:

Just try and find them Addie. The last time I looked a couple years back I couldn't find them at any store I checked. I figured that they went bye-bye when gas stoves stopped having a constantly burning pilot light.
Another vent about our neighbors-from-hell. We had a nice stack of firewood. All split, with a big pile of cut logs further back in the woods, sitting there from when we had a tree removed a year or two ago. We use our fireplace pretty regularly in the winter, but certainly not ever day. Well, unless there is a power outage. Three years ago our firewood was an absolute Godsend because we kept the house liveable. Well Himself was out back when the guy next door asked about the wood. Himself told this neighbor that he could have "some". Next thing I know half the newer (uncovered) wood is gone! I saw the neighbor and told him that I wanted to keep the split wood for ourselves, especially since we had paid to have it split, and that he could use the logs that still needed splitting. After all, he's half our age with a teenaged son. Plenty of young muscle. Well...I look out the window at the woodpile on Friday and it's almost gone! If we're really careful we might have enough for the holidays. But in all likelihood Himself is going to need to split the whole logs since jerkneighbor decided he was above splitting wood. I swear there are people you can not be a little bit nice to because then they take full advantage of you being generous.
Oh, and I moved his wheelbarrow over by his deck. It had been sitting just inside our property line. Guess he didn't want to carry a few logs to their fire ring. :glare:

Time to put up a fence to get the message to him. You were more generous than I would have been. My answer would have been a resounding "No. I need it to heat my home in the winter." Sometimes a little white fib is needed. :angel:

Himself was the generous one, I asked them to take less - they're just ignorant and rude. And I am not spending money for a fence since I hope we are gone sometime next year. Instead....I took the landscape ties that the wood had been resting on and formed a little barrier so they can't get to the split wood. I'll move the wood along side the house tomorrow with a sign over it saying "MINE!" Maybe some well-placed bungie straps holding the tarp down.

Hmm, maybe I should look for a fenced lot when we buy our next house. Just in case. :LOL:

Himself was the generous one, I asked them to take less - they're just ignorant and rude. And I am not spending money for a fence since I hope we are gone sometime next year. Instead....I took the landscape ties that the wood had been resting on and formed a little barrier so they can't get to the split wood. I'll move the wood along side the house tomorrow with a sign over it saying "MINE!" Maybe some well-placed bungie straps holding the tarp down.

Hmm, maybe I should look for a fenced lot when we buy our next house. Just in case. :LOL:

Let them know that the rest of the wood is yours, no more sharing. It's time they make or buy their own. And Himself has to go along with it.:rolleyes:

HIS and HERS woodpiles! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Let them know that the rest of the wood is yours, no more sharing. It's time they make or buy their own. And Himself has to go along with it.:rolleyes:
Heck, you should tell them you want the split would back. You told him not to take the split would. What an inconsiderate greedy bugger.

Back
Top Bottom