Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This old geezer keeps his phone in his cargo shorts front pocket. I don't seem to look cool no matter where I keep my phone, including the rear pocket. :)))
Cargo pockets, that's what I need. I vaguely remember that somewhere, I have a skirt with cargo pockets.

This old geezer keeps his phone in his cargo shorts front pocket. I don't seem to look cool no matter where I keep my phone, including the rear pocket. :)))

What is so cool about having a square bump on your backside? It looks like you have a hideous tumor. :angel:

Back when phones were just flip, before they got smart, you could often find a pocket sewn into a pair of shorts, jacket, etc. But now the phones are too big for a dedicated pocket.

I am beginning to get uptight. I have to go for an ultrasound Friday morning on my neck. It is to check the blockage that has been there for years. It is to keep an eye on it incase it has gotten worse. If it has, then I will have to have surgery to remove that part of the artery and a synthetic piece replace it. Oh Joy! So much to look forward to. I hate getting the ultra sounds. I have to lay there for an hour and not move. Here's hoping I don't have to make a quick trip to the outhouse. :angel:

I am beginning to get uptight. I have to go for an ultrasound Friday morning on my neck. It is to check the blockage that has been there for years. It is to keep an eye on it incase it has gotten worse. If it has, then I will have to have surgery to remove that part of the artery and a synthetic piece replace it. Oh Joy! So much to look forward to. I hate getting the ultra sounds. I have to lay there for an hour and not move. Here's hoping I don't have to make a quick trip to the outhouse. :angel:

I have a hard time with it because I want to watch...drives the techs crazy. And some of them don't understand why I insist on seeing my mammograms...well duh...I'm the one who is going to spot a difference, they see 20 of them a day, I see mine once a year and boy howdy do I have them mammorized!!!

Our health insurance exchange website is a joke. They should have hired a web guy who knew what they were doing to design and run the site. The site has been up only intermittently since day one and still, many links are not operational. Their Facebook page is full of frustrated individuals who can't log on or with incomplete applications.
At least my application is pending now...

I have a hard time with it because I want to watch...drives the techs crazy. And some of them don't understand why I insist on seeing my mammograms...well duh...I'm the one who is going to spot a difference, they see 20 of them a day, I see mine once a year and boy howdy do I have them mammorized!!!

I too like to watch. When I had to have some hand surgery done, I had a local and made them take down the screen so I could watch. Little did they realize that blood and gore only fascinates me.

I am going for my mammogram in a week or so. I haven't had one for more than ten years. But I am always doing the lump check. More often than the average person. I asked to go for one. Up to now I have always said "No". There is no cancer in our family. Even going back several generations. Heart and diabetes are the diseases of our family. But the glands at the side of one breast is bothering me. My primary couldn't find any lump. I do know if there is anything even suspicious, take them both off. I don't want to wait until there is. My baby days are over and I have no need for them. Now days, they do the reconstructive surgery right there after the removal. They save the nipple and give you a size B cup. I can go for that. Its better than a D cup any day. Blouses fit much better. :angel:

Put me on the "I like to watch" list too. Years ago, I had an angiogram, and it was cool to watch the final dye squirt. I actually felt it too, but it was neat to see it on the screen.

My Mammogram is on the 21st...I'm so happy I still have something to check, even after the two lumpectomies. I was disappointed I didn't get to pick my own...:LOL:

I am an active participant in my care. I ask questions and the staff quickly learns that I am not stupid and am the kind of patient that want to know why and what should the results be. If the enemy is my bad health, then I want to know. I can't fight my enemy if I don't know what it is. :angel:

I have a hard time with it because I want to watch...drives the techs crazy....!
My BIL insisted on staying awake during his...colonoscopy. :ermm: :ohmy: When the rest of us went he tried talking each of us to go at it wide awake. My SIL kept reminding him what a bad idea he thought it was right after she got him after his procedure. :LOL:

I too like to watch. ....I am going for my mammogram in a week or so. I haven't had one for more than ten years. But I am always doing the lump chec..... if there is anything even suspicious, take them both off. I don't want to wait until there is. My baby days are over and I have no need for them. Now days, they do the reconstructive surgery right there after the removal. They save the nipple and give you a size B cup. I can go for that. Its better than a D cup any day. Blouses fit much better. :angel:
The sad thing is, even without surgery I look like I've had breast removal surgery. :( Even now I have no need for a bra to hold The Girls up - I wear sport camisoles all the time! 62 and I never outgrew undershirts...

Addie said:
I am an active participant in my care
That's smart, it's the way it should be Addie. The best health care plan is by taking care of yourself.

Our health insurance exchange website is a joke. They should have hired a web guy who knew what they were doing to design and run the site. The site has been up only intermittently since day one and still, many links are not operational. Their Facebook page is full of frustrated individuals who can't log on or with incomplete applications.
At least my application is pending now...

Same in New York.

It's getting better and the people I speak to are helpful.

Don't make yourself sick over it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My BIL insisted on staying awake during his...colonoscopy. :ermm: :ohmy: When the rest of us went he tried talking each of us to go at it wide awake. My SIL kept reminding him what a bad idea he thought it was right after she got him after his procedure. :LOL:

Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!

I advise everyone to sleep through a colonoscopy. I used to have a doctor who didn't put me out for it. Used to.

I advise everyone to sleep through a colonoscopy. I used to have a doctor who didn't put me out for it. Used to.

Shrek's IV infiltrated with all the "good" medicine going into the tissue of his arm instead of throughout his system. He was not only awake, but felt the entire procedure. Once I got him home the meds then started to take effect and he slept for 6 hours, with me hovering over him the entire time.

I wish I had caught it sooner, but I didn't see Shrek until he was in recovery and I then told the nurse there his IV had infiltrated...she hadn't even noticed. He has very vivid memories of the pain and procedure. Thank goodness they didn't find anything, I don't think I will be getting him back for another if he needs it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom