Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!

Yes, it was! I just had an ultrasound where she checked my heart out thoroughly. It was kind of reassuring to see it doing it's "mambo".

Shrek's IV infiltrated with all the "good" medicine going into the tissue of his arm instead of throughout his system. He was not only awake, but felt the entire procedure. Once I got him home the meds then started to take effect and he slept for 6 hours, with me hovering over him the entire time.

I wish I had caught it sooner, but I didn't see Shrek until he was in recovery and I then told the nurse there his IV had infiltrated...she hadn't even noticed. He has very vivid memories of the pain and procedure. Thank goodness they didn't find anything, I don't think I will be getting him back for another if he needs it.

Oh, jeez, that's awful. Poor Shrek.

Shrek's IV infiltrated with all the "good" medicine going into the tissue of his arm instead of throughout his system. He was not only awake, but felt the entire procedure. Once I got him home the meds then started to take effect and he slept for 6 hours, with me hovering over him the entire time.

I wish I had caught it sooner, but I didn't see Shrek until he was in recovery and I then told the nurse there his IV had infiltrated...she hadn't even noticed. He has very vivid memories of the pain and procedure. Thank goodness they didn't find anything, I don't think I will be getting him back for another if he needs it.

That really stinks. It would be a guarantee that was my last colonoscopy. I sleep through mine and that's the way I like it.

Oh no, I slept through my colonoscopy...and my heart caths. But using ultrasound it's fun to watch your heart doing the Mambo!
Yup, watching the ultrasound is fun. Pain-inflicting procedures - not so much.

Ages ago, when I was pregnant, my OB examined and questioned and computed that my delivery date was in January. I told him it couldn't be, I was due around Feb. 22nd. He was a dear doctor but he tried pulling the "med school" card on me. I told him I KNEW when I was due because Himself travelled a lot for work and there were only so many chances for us to get together and I unless he was in our room watching he didn't know exactly when I got pregnant. I KNEW since I was there! :LOL: When he asked "do twins run in your family?" I said "nope, none". He said he would like for me to go for an ultrasound before my next visit. Well OK, no problem there, right? Good thing the Tech let Himself stay in the room during the procedure because everything was going swimmingly...until the Tech "well there's a head, and a leg...and another head". ANOTHER head! :ohmy: When I asked if he was sure his reply? "Well, there might be a third in there I can't see." NOT the right answer. :ROFLMAO:

Yup, watching the ultrasound is fun. Pain-inflicting procedures - not so much.

Ages ago, when I was pregnant, my OB examined and questioned and computed that my delivery date was in January. I told him it couldn't be, I was due around Feb. 22nd. He was a dear doctor but he tried pulling the "med school" card on me. I told him I KNEW when I was due because Himself travelled a lot for work and there were only so many chances for us to get together and I unless he was in our room watching he didn't know exactly when I got pregnant. I KNEW since I was there! :LOL: When he asked "do twins run in your family?" I said "nope, none". He said he would like for me to go for an ultrasound before my next visit. Well OK, no problem there, right? Good thing the Tech let Himself stay in the room during the procedure because everything was going swimmingly...until the Tech "well there's a head, and a leg...and another head". ANOTHER head! :ohmy: When I asked if he was sure his reply? "Well, there might be a third in there I can't see." NOT the right answer. :ROFLMAO:
So, how many babies were there?

Two. *phew* Himself always wanted two, but I planned on one at a time. Guess my mistake was never committing to "do you want a boy or a girl" questions - had one of each. :LOL: God has a sense of humor. ;)

And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.

Last edited:

The good news is that listening to the artery in my neck, it still sounds like there is no new change. So the ultra sound is just part of that dang every six month checkup. Everything gets a review every six months. From blood work on down. :angel:

And, it just gets better. The neighbor who routinely has taken huge branches out of our pine trees by backing his illegal landscaping equipment into our driveway, and whose guests have taken out our mailbox on several occasions, has done it again. But this time the wife emailed me tonight, telling me she backed into our mailbox AGAIN! It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it. She did say they'll pay to repair it. They have no money. Should be fun.

Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again. And the next repair job will be for her car. Next time she will be more careful. :angel:

Good grief! Who the heck gave the driver's licenses???

Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again. And the next repair job will be for her car. Next time she will be more careful. :angel:

:LOL: The last time we repaired it, we poured a huge, deep concrete bed. No-one should have been able to knock it down. DH and our friend, who built things for a living, both said anyone who backs into this will get HURT! Well, the concrete is hurt. Too dark right now to see the full extent.

What upsets me most is that I'll have to dig up my beautiful clematis, again, for the third time.

The good news is that listening to the artery in my neck, it still sounds like there is no new change. So the ultra sound is just part of that dang every six month checkup. Everything gets a review every six months. From blood work on down. :angel:
Good news indeed Addie! Glad to hear it. And you shouldn't worry that they do checkups every six months. That's means you're still here. After all, they can't do a checkup on a dead person. ;)

..... It was in poured concrete with extra thick 4x6 posts, but she broke it....

Build a square post. Fill it with concrete, cap it. She won't knock it down again....
Forget the concrete. Secure a stinkin' I-beam in the ground, then wrap it in cedar boards. Next time they hit it (and from the sound of it there WILL be a "next time" unfortunately) that thing won't budge. Aw, forget the wood - let that beam serve as a warning to them. Bwa-ha-ha! :devilish:

Last edited:
Forget the concrete. Secure a stinkin' I-beam in the ground, then wrap it in cedar boards. Next time they hit it (and from the sound of it there WILL be a "next time" unfortunately) that thing won't budge. Aw, forget the wood - let that beam serve as a warning to them. Bwa-ha-ha! :devilish:
Probably more legal to have the I-beam visible. Then it can't be considered a booby trap.

Sink a giant heavy duty spring into the concrete, put a heavy pointed prow on the front of the mail box. It could be designed like an old steam locomotive for fun. They hit it, it bends back, when they pull forward it springs forward, gouging a hole in a window or back end of the car/truck. Heh!

Where's my coffee, I'm nicer with coffee...

Last edited:
Sink a giant heavy duty spring into the concrete, put a heavy pointed prow on the front of the mail box. It could be designed like an old steam locomotive for fun. They hit it, it bends back, when they pull forward it springs forward, gouging a hole in a window or back end of the car/truck. Heh!

Where's my coffee, I'm nicer with coffee...

I was thinking of filling the post with explosives...

...but I suppose you could just build the post out of paint cans. Full paint cans.

I was thinking of filling the post with explosives...

...but I suppose you could just build the post out of paint cans. Full paint cans.

Evil, I like that...but doing more damage to your own yard seems to be counter productive, not to mention deadly for the poor Clematis.

Back
Top Bottom