Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I appreciate the creative ideas! Neighbor had to be backing out at a good clip to even hit the mailbox post, much less dislodge it. They probably had the trailer attached to the truck, otherwise there would have been no need to back clear across the road, it's a fair distance from their driveway.

As I said, I do appreciate her admission, the other times were hit-and-run.

Thanks for the reminder, I have to dig out my briefcase so I remember to pack everything for my laptop when I got to Helena next month. I already have my new suitcase sitting out.

Shrek looked at the suitcase and asked if I really needed it since we have others that WE take on trips. This one is half size and has wheels. I just looked at him and said, "Guitar?" He hasn't said another word about it.:LOL:

I have a wireless USB mouse, but I hardly ever use it. I prefer the touchpad. I got used to it and I don't get repetitive stress wrist inflammation as much from it as from mousing.

Is it wireless? If so check the batteries. Sure works for me. :angel:
Addie, for the last few months Mousie has been playing games with me. It doesn't work, I switch the battery with the previous one, it works for weeks and then...I have to switch the battery. That didn't work this time so I put a brand-new, never used, good till 2016 battery in the mouse and...nothing. Did a "devices" check and the computer sees the mouse but it doesn't want to play with the mouse. Harrumph. Himself has been all over it and can't get it to work either and he's worked with computers for over 40 years! He guesses it's a software problem and he'll need the computer for a while. We have an older wireless model that I don't like but it's probably better than this &%#* touch pad. I'll make due till we get a new one.

Addie, for the last few months Mousie has been playing games with me. It doesn't work, I switch the battery with the previous one, it works for weeks and then...I have to switch the battery. That didn't work this time so I put a brand-new, never used, good till 2016 battery in the mouse and...nothing. Did a "devices" check and the computer sees the mouse but it doesn't want to play with the mouse. Harrumph. Himself has been all over it and can't get it to work either and he's worked with computers for over 40 years! He guesses it's a software problem and he'll need the computer for a while. We have an older wireless model that I don't like but it's probably better than this &%#* touch pad. I'll make due till we get a new one.

I remember you mentioning that Himself was into computers. I am surprised he let it get to this state. A mouse is so cheap. I have new one sitting here that cost the grand sum of ten dollars. It probably won't last long if I ever have to use it. But it is okay for when I will need it in a hurry. I too hate a touch pad. They are not meant for a person with arthritis in their fingers. Bad enough just trying to type.

I am hard on keyboards. Spike went over to Micro Center and picked up three keyboards when they were on sale. I have gone through two of them already. I learned to type on a 1920 Underwood and you had to hit the keys hard. I never got out of the habit of hard hitting. I can't complain. Spike will fix a problem as soon as he comes in the door if I have one. Only because he used mine to enter all his Second Chance entries. This week he got two of his prize packages. One from the Bruins and one from the Red Sox. He gave the Bruins to the mailman. He has a ten year old son who is a Bruins fan. Spike wins so often, he is running out of folks to give the stuff to. He does keep the money wins for himself though. :angel:

Addie, much as we like to blame "the guys" it wasn't Himself's fault. I never really made a fuss until a brand-new, just out of the package battery didn't work. In the past I'd just switch between two batteries and it would start to work again as soon as I swapped them. He did a few magic Tech. Guy things with the computer and mouse this evening, rebooted the old mouse and software, and I am thrilled to report there is a Mouse in the House!

As you can tell, not a fan of the touch pad. My problem isn't so much arthritis as the fact that I've done real keyboard typing for decades. If I don't remember to lock the touch pad before I start to type away at a fast clip my thumb will tap the pad instead of the space bar. Danged tiny flat keys on this notebook, but it's better than nothing! :)

I have a Microsoft wireless mouse that is at least 10 years old that still works! It's been hooked to a computer most of that time and I may have to change the battery once every year and a half (it's on a server computer in the basement and it gets used infrequently). I'm amazed that it still works! The receiver is almost as big as the mouse itself, compare that to a modern one that has a receiver the size of your thumbnail.

i had a optical mouse for awhile, but it was erratic and would go traipsing off on it's own so I just got a plain old plug in mouse and have been happy ever since.

Touchpad is the way to go. I barely have to lift a finger. There's altogether too much movement with a mouse.

Touchpad is the way to go. I barely have to lift a finger. There's altogether too much movement with a mouse.
I use touchpad most of the time. Okay, it messes with the typing on occasion, but I can live with that. It is less likely to make my wrist inflamed. My complaint is the buttons on this Toshiba laptop, I have to press the right place on the button to left click. There are parts of that long button that don't work. :wacko:

Every month, Verizon sends me an email to tell me that my bill is available online. Then they send me a text, to tell me that my bill is available online. Then I get a bill in the mail, which I pay.

This makes me want to not pay the bill, and when they complain, I will say "I didn't get the bill!" LOL

Hopefully, I can call them and ask them to discontinue the email and text. I have had this phone for 15 years. I know that I can go online and see my bill.

Technically, you guys are way out ahead of me! I barely know what you're talking about! I just have an old fashioned keyboard with an old fashioned mouse.

Every month, Verizon sends me an email to tell me that my bill is available online. Then they send me a text, to tell me that my bill is available online. Then I get a bill in the mail, which I pay.

This makes me want to not pay the bill, and when they complain, I will say "I didn't get the bill!" LOL

Hopefully, I can call them and ask them to discontinue the email and text. I have had this phone for 15 years. I know that I can go online and see my bill.

Do they not have an option to "go green" ? They used to and when I signed up for that I no longer got anything other than an email telling me my bill was ready.

There is only 1 bill I get in the mail anymore and that's my water/sewer bill. They simply have not bothered to go "modern". You can only pay with cash or a check.

Do they not have an option to "go green" ? They used to and when I signed up for that I no longer got anything other than an email telling me my bill was ready.

There is only 1 bill I get in the mail anymore and that's my water/sewer bill. They simply have not bothered to go "modern". You can only pay with cash or a check.

Yes, they have the "green" option and I'm sure they want me to take that option, but as the above post says, I am behind the times and I pay only by check.

I'm out of contract and that seems to drive them crazy. At one point they were calling me twice a week to make me a "great offer" all which would make my bill higher and I'd end up with less. I finally got them to quit calling after giving them an ear full. I know what's available, I stay up on things and that's why I want to keep my old plan because all of their new plans are more expensive and crap.

They email me to say that my bill is ready, and another email thanking me for my payment (auto pay).

I'm out of contract and that seems to drive them crazy. At one point they were calling me twice a week to make me a "great offer" all which would make my bill higher and I'd end up with less. I finally got them to quit calling after giving them an ear full. I know what's available, I stay up on things and that's why I want to keep my old plan because all of their new plans are more expensive and crap.

They email me to say that my bill is ready, and another email thanking me for my payment (auto pay).

LOL yep ... they can't stand it when they don't have control of their customers.

We had Verizon for many years. And like you, we found their great offers cost us more in the long run.

It took a long time but we finally broke free of them. It simply was not cost efficient for us to use them any longer.

Boy that's when they really put the pressure on.

Anyway .. I know they have good coverage, but money is money and they are not the best deal for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom