Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a touch pad on a laptop.

What is a touchpad and a mouse pad?

A mouse pad is a cloth covered foam square that a mouse rolls around on.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 91
I disabled the touchpad from my laptop, but it's still very sneaky. It likes to jump up and insert text I'm typing into a place I don't want it, and on frequent occasions, will delete whole paragraphs of reports. I can't trust my laptop, and as I'm not the greatest typist, I have to keep my eye on it constantly.

I disabled the touchpad from my laptop, but it's still very sneaky. It likes to jump up and insert text I'm typing into a place I don't want it, and on frequent occasions, will delete whole paragraphs of reports. I can't trust my laptop, and as I'm not the greatest typist, I have to keep my eye on it constantly.
Ctrl-z will fix many of those.

Thanks, will try it. Even my supervisor was amazed about how rude my 'puter was while we were working on a report. And recently, hers has been doing the same thing.

It sounds possessed! and catching.

I keep my laptop closed when I'm not using it, and when I'm online, my mouse sits on my mini clipboard with my sudoku puzzles on it. When I forget to move the mouse out of the way, my arm or elbow moves it around when I'm typing, sending it skittering all over the place. Those mice sure do get around.

No laptop for me. I keep hearing of too many problems from other folks. I love my desk computer. :angel:

I only use my laptop or tablet if I'm going to be browsing, but not when I'm going to be doing a lot of typing, like on a forum or email. I prefer the desktop, too. I worked on a desktop for all those years and I'm used to it. The keys are closer together on a laptop and I have trouble typing on it. That's just my experience.

No laptop for me. I keep hearing of too many problems from other folks. I love my desk computer. :angel:

Mine is on my lap in the evening while watching TV. If I'm in bed watching TV then it is my tablet... I may have a problem :LOL:

I do have one desktop computer, it lives in the basement and acts as a media server for videos, music, backups etc...

Mine is on my lap in the evening while watching TV. If I'm in bed watching TV then it is my tablet... I may have a problem :LOL:

I do have one desktop computer, it lives in the basement and acts as a media server for videos, music, backups etc...

I think a lot of us have that problem. I get upset when I run out of posts to read. LOL

I love my laptop, if I want, it can go with me places. I will be taking it with me to Helena next month when I go for my 3 day class. I will need it for decompressing, not for class.

Okay, I leave on the 11th of November...so far, I have my suitcase and briefcase out and almost ready to go. I am anxious and making all my plans now. 4 nights away, it's a 2 hour drive, maps are made. I will have a passenger for the ride and it's not Shrek! I need to remember too buy a month card for my Tracphone. Think I'm getting ready too early?

Lol, in my brain, the sooner the better.

I usually pack clothes the day before. I have a 5 pocket plastic organizer that I start filling before trips, this will have hotel confirmations, boarding passes, rental car confirmations, passports etc.. In the order that I will need them. This gets setup in the hallway about a month ahead and I drop stuff in it as I get it. I'll have phone numbers for my credit cards, including international if needed in case my wallet is lost or stolen. I try to cover all of the bases.....

I love my laptop, if I want, it can go with me places. I will be taking it with me to Helena next month when I go for my 3 day class. I will need it for decompressing, not for class.

Okay, I leave on the 11th of November...so far, I have my suitcase and briefcase out and almost ready to go. I am anxious and making all my plans now. 4 nights away, it's a 2 hour drive, maps are made. I will have a passenger for the ride and it's not Shrek! I need to remember too buy a month card for my Tracphone. Think I'm getting ready too early?

Wow, you're way ahead of us. We fly to Cuba on Nov 12th and haven't done anything yet. Not even sure how we are getting to the airport. :unsure:

Does anyone know if there are still travel restrictions for Americans to Cuba? Time to end it if there is. :angel:
I'm pretty sure the travel restriction is still in effect. However, there are always a couple of American's on our flights out of Toronto. We made friends with a nice couple from Rochester on our last trip back in February.

Does anyone know if there are still travel restrictions for Americans to Cuba? Time to end it if there is. :angel:

AFAIK, yes. You can still go through Cozumel or Belize and have your passport double-stamped, a friend did this last year. Maybe the same if you fly out of Canada. The restrictions make absolutely no sense.

Last edited:
AFAIK, yes. You can still go through Cozumel or Belize and have your passport double-stamped, a friend did this last year. Maybe the same if you fly out of Canada. The restrictions make absolutely no sense.
What is double-stamped?

Many years ago I took a vacation (from Denmark) in Israel. At passport control they asked if we wanted a paper stapled into our passports for the stamp, in case we wanted to visit any Arab countries.

What is double-stamped?

Many years ago I took a vacation (from Denmark) in Israel. At passport control they asked if we wanted a paper stapled into our passports for the stamp, in case we wanted to visit any Arab countries.

I think it's in case your passport is checked, and if you fly back into Coz or Belize. They use an ink stamper in both Coz and Belize, but as RJ stated, it's a non-event if you fly out of Canada and Cuba.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom