Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Petty vent for today is my toilet. It is very low. Which is good as a rule for me. Being short, I don't need a spring board to get on it. (Have you ever noticed how high those handicap one are?) But now I have to use just one leg to get up. I can't put any weight on my broken foot, so my good side gets to do all the work. And the muscles are not used to doing so much work, getting me up and down. They are tired and getting up from the toilet is the hardest. I suppose I could sit on it all day and save me some muscle using. But that doesn't sound like a possibility. I don't want to eat my meals in there. :angel:

Look into getting one of these!

The doctor can give you a prescription and it installs with the same two screws that hold the toilet seat.

medline_rail.jpg

Following the Kitchen Aid/Toilet incident of '11, I opted for a slightly taller seat. It's about two inches higher than the older style and makes a huge difference in the ease of standing up. Not sure how the new seat height compares to handicapped seat height.

Following the Kitchen Aid/Toilet incident of '11, I opted for a slightly taller seat. It's about two inches higher than the older style and makes a huge difference in the ease of standing up. Not sure how the new seat height compares to handicapped seat height.

The handicap ones are as high as a wheelchair seat. To make it easy to transfer from the chair to the toilet. Really high. I had to take out my wheelchair when I first broke my foot. I had forgotten how high it was until I wheeled myself into the bathroom. :angel:

Look into getting one of these!

The doctor can give you a prescription and it installs with the same two screws that hold the toilet seat.

medline_rail.jpg

That is a great item! I didn't know they made them. When we needed a new toilet I chose a high one. I think it is 16 1/2 inches high. Shortly afterwards I had surgery and was very thankful I had that higher toilet. Now I really hate to use the one downstairs which is normal height, which I think is 14 inches.

Grrrrrr. Just spent 2 hours trying to print a shipping label for a 9.7 oz box through USPS Click and Ship. They took my money, but I couldn't print a label. Even on the PC, I kept getting an error message. Ended up canceling and applying for a refund. So, get to make the trip to the post office that I was trying to avoid.

I hate it when I open this site on my Kindle then hit something to open. The print is so small that I often find I have initiated the wrong action. I just accidentally unsubscribed to the Farmer's Cheese thread that I started. Will someone post to that thread so I can resubscribe? Please.

I hate it when I open this site on my Kindle then hit something to open. The print is so small that I often find I have initiated the wrong action. I just accidentally unsubscribed to the Farmer's Cheese thread that I started. Will someone post to that thread so I can resubscribe? Please.

I just did. In the Android app, there's a button labeled Participated; when you click on it, it lists the threads you've posted to. Do you have that?

Androids, cyborgs, avatars, robots . . . .:rolleyes: I feel as though I was asleep a la Rip Van Winkle and have awakened to find myself catapulted into Science Fiction Land. Not a vent, really; just an observation. Maybe I can get Alicia Florrick on The Good Wife to obtain a cease and desist order; at least a temporary restraining order. :ermm:

Before I begin let me apologize for my poor typing .. not even going to try and fix the mistakes .. you will understand shoertly.

My petty vent is aboiut my lack of attention to forseeing the future outcome of a really stupid move.

6 days ago I was makinf Spaich Smoked Paprika Chickrn for dinner. It came tiime to add the smoked paprika. I had a brand new container. Of course it would not open. Struggled a bit then the lid came off - Cool ! Then pulled of safety wseal and put lid back on. Attempted to oprn the shake/pour lids on top and it was a no go. Food is furiously cooking as I am trying to get the stupid container open. Now I can't get the lid unsxcrewed because I cross threaded it :mad: I see a paring knife anf with my infinite wisdom todsed out the window I pried that sucker open with ther tip of the knife. Immdiately after the lid popped open the knife continued on to the tip of my finger :ohmy: Blood everywhere. Called DH for help - he almost faints because of the blood :glare: but eventually gets me 3 bandaids. Got the bandaids on tight, put on plastic glove and got back to cooking dinner. Once dinner was done and everything cleaned up, I took off bandaid .. now I want to faint LOL Crap ... finger did not used to look like this :( So 4 stitches later I'm angry at how stupid I am at times when I am in a hurry. I have a splint on it to help the pain of me bumpiong my finger on stuff .. any idea how many times a day your finger bumps things .. the answer is a LOT LOL So there is my petty vrent for the day whixh should hold me until well passed then end of the year.

Mrs. LMB, so sorry you had that happen. Especially just before the holidays. Hope all heals quickly. Next time give DH the bottle and the paring knife...

Oh Sweetie! This is not good! Hope you heal quickly!

BTW, this is not a Petty Vent, you've gone big time!

Last edited:
I certainly can understand the typing problems.

Remember those cans that used to come with their own key, like the Spam cans, coffee cans, etc.? Well I was opening one and the dang thing sprang back on me and open the whole length of my ring finger on my right hand. After receiving several stitches, I called myself several names for being so stupid. Names that were not very nice. Names that I do not wish to repeat here. So you have my complete sympathy. You have a perfect excuse to take a few days off. And stay away from the knives please. :angel:

(((Hugs))) MrsLMB. I hope that heals really quickly.

Why yes, I do have an idea of how often one bangs a finger. I did a stupid with a chef's knife about 2 and half years ago and nearly cut off the end of my index finger.

Back
Top Bottom