Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo ... ah geez CG .. that's no good at all. I'm glad you got to forgo the visit to the emergency room.

Good on you for being so good with typing.

How is it feeling now? Hope you get better super quick ! Mine is coming along quite nicely. I am no longer wearing the splint thingy and my bandaid no longer looks like a catcher's mitt - it's a normal bandaid now !

I'm doing fine. Still tender, but at least I can take the band-aid off for a little bit. Then I bump it and I have to cover it again. Glad you're doing better too. It's really rough when you have to avoid using one of your fingers, isn't it?

Dawg, welcome to our Damaged Digits Divas group!

Yeah and we need some cool bandaids ... maybe some with little toasters or pots and pans on them :LOL:
Mine are Snoopy & gang band-aids. :)

Attachments

• 2013-12-01 01.16.56.jpg
    2013-12-01 01.16.56.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 185
I am sure that by now, all of you digit damaged dames are bound by Murphy's Law that you are going to bang only the injured digit and none of the healthy ones.

Guess which foot I keep miss-stepping on? Of course, the broken one. I just can't seem to miss that strip on the floor between the rug and the tile floor. And always on the broken bone. :angel:

I am sure that by now, all of you digit damaged dames are bound by Murphy's Law that you are going to bang only the injured digit and none of the healthy ones.

Guess which foot I keep miss-stepping on? Of course, the broken one. I just can't seem to miss that strip on the floor between the rug and the tile floor. And always on the broken bone. :angel:

Addie, it's Digit Damaged Divas, not Dames! Sheesh! :angel:

I have a little burn on my pinkie. I wanna be a Diva, too ... :mrgreen:

You are! Welcome to the club!

Injury of choice can be from a knife, a visor, an oven, Excalibur, anything that lets blood. Or causes digital pain.

Last edited:
Frustrating!

I spent parts of several days before Thanksgiving preparing dishes and ingredients for the big meal. I had quickly sharpened my knives and was chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing like mad. I kept telling myself to be careful because doing this stuff with a cut finger stinks. Nary a cut. I was proud of myself.

Friday afternoon I made myself a turkey sandwich with mayo. I cut my finger on this when I was reaching for it so I could put it in the dishwasher!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I spent parts of several days before Thanksgiving preparing dishes and ingredients for the big meal. I had quickly sharpened my knives and was chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing like mad. I kept telling myself to be careful because doing this stuff with a cut finger stinks. Nary a cut. I was proud of myself.

Friday afternoon I made myself a turkey sandwich with mayo. I cut my finger on this when I was reaching for it so I could put it in the dishwasher!

Awww! You poor Digit Damaged Dude!

Like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, I guess we are now Damaged Digits, Divas, and Dudes! Or Dude. Or Andy can be a Diva too, if he wants.

Welcome to the club, Birthday Boy!

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear your finger is getting better CG.

And to all the other "Damaged Digits" out there I hope you are recovering nicely and .. welcome to the club!

img_1323294_0_309b64a0e6e256d36226a7b29c64ab09.png

img_1323294_1_34980fa986d594a650c77e5c734e1c99.gif

I'm telling myself to breath. My DH changed his profile picture on FB. An ex-friend commented, "Why am I seeing this liberal? Make it go away." I asked if he meant that as humour. He replied that it wasn't, that he wished all liberals would die and spewed a bit more vitriol against liberals.

Yes, DH banned him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling myself to breath. My DH changed his profile picture on FB. An ex-friend commented, "Why am I seeing this liberal? Make it go away." I asked if he meant that as humour. He replied that it wasn't, that he wished all liberals would die and spewed a bit more vitriol against liberals.

Yes, DH banned him.
Ack, too late to edit. I left out a comma:

"He replied that it wasn't, that he wished all liberals..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack, too late to edit. I left out a comma:

"He replied that it wasn't, that he wished all liberals..."

I wonder what it is that makes people seem to lose all sense of proportion, and even simple manners, online. I'm glad the rules against discussing religion and politics create a haven here.

Yes, DH banned him.

One of the reasons I don't FB.

Back
Top Bottom