Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love my "smash-o-grams" it saved my life and my Mom's. I happily make the appointment every year on my birthday!

Oh well, at least I won't need a new wardrobe...not worried about off work clothes, but my uniforms should fit. As it is, I'm going to need suspenders soon for my work pants.

I was lucky with my breast implant after the partial mastectomy, bra line hides the scar and it's not bad at all.

No telling what is going to happen with this surgery, I still have not met the surgeon. Dec 13th is not getting here fast enough.

Ugh! My sleeping schedule is all messed up lately. I've been waking up at 3:00 a.m. This morning I got up to do laundry then went back to bed close to 4:00 just to toss and turn till 6:45 when I get up to cook breakfast. Melatonin is not working for me anymore. Could it be my age? LOL I'm going to try some yoga tonight for relaxation. Sigh!

Ugh! My sleeping schedule is all messed up lately. I've been waking up at 3:00 a.m. This morning I got up to do laundry then went back to bed close to 4:00 just to toss and turn till 6:45 when I get up to cook breakfast. Melatonin is not working for me anymore. Could it be my age? LOL I'm going to try some yoga tonight for relaxation. Sigh!

Natrol makes an extended release Melatonin, it works for me when I wake up too early. They have it at Walgreen's or Walmart.

I have a Syndrome and a Complex, both aggravated by the holiday season. The Syndrome's name is NLB, which stands for 'nice little box.' It is nearly impossible for me to pitch out that nice little box that item X came in. I'm sure it would be perfect to use for storing something in the garage. Or maybe to mail an item to someone somewhere sometime. The Complex is BBLW -- bubble wrap. If I throw it out, I might have to buy some sometime. My garage is suffering mightily. I can't seem to conquer these habits, which have been the subject/object of more than one New Year's resolution. :(

This should put me in the running for the 'pettiest vent' prize if it exists. If I win, I hope the prize doesn't come in a box.

I can totally relate. I, too, am a COB (collecter of boxes) and bubble wrap. One never knows when one might need either or both. Mine reside in the basement and I manage to trip over them on a regular basis.

I did manage to recycle a bunch of boxes this summer, but apparently they found their way back and have since started a family.

Last edited:
I have a Syndrome and a Complex, both aggravated by the holiday season. The Syndrome's name is NLB, which stands for 'nice little box.' It is nearly impossible for me to pitch out that nice little box that item X came in. I'm sure it would be perfect to use for storing something in the garage. Or maybe to mail an item to someone somewhere sometime. The Complex is BBLW -- bubble wrap. If I throw it out, I might have to buy some sometime. My garage is suffering mightily. I can't seem to conquer these habits, which have been the subject/object of more than one New Year's resolution. :(

This should put me in the running for the 'pettiest vent' prize if it exists. If I win, I hope the prize doesn't come in a box.

You have a branch office in central New York!

I save all of the 'nice little boxes' that come into my apartment also, they might come in handy someday! I have so many I've started putting them inside of each other to save space! Now I honestly don't know what I have tucked away, I need to find someone brave enough to throw them away or perhaps I could mail them to you!

The bubble wrap is rolled neatly and sits on the closet shelf next to the bags of packing peanuts.

The older I get the more I remind myself of my Mother, with her it was paper bags, nice little jars and egg cartons!

Pity the fool that inherits my vast holdings, mwa-ha-ha-ha! :ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

My mom was the classic hoarder of plastic peanuts. Apparently she kept every single one, in her basement, for the last 50 years or more. The poor realtor who's selling her house keeps having to sneak them a bag at a time into the trash. A never-ending task.

:LOL:

My mom was the classic hoarder of plastic peanuts. Apparently she kept every single one, in her basement, for the last 50 years or more. The poor realtor who's selling her house keeps having to sneak them a bag at a time into the trash. A never-ending task.

They dissolve in nail polish remover...she could do that in a plastic milk jug...then she'd have a chunk of plastic...instead of lots of bags of peanuts.

Actually, she might call a UPS store or other shipping type place and see if they would like them...for nothing!

Last edited:
They dissolve in nail polish remover...she could do that in a plastic milk jug...then she'd have a chunk of plastic...instead of lots of bags of peanuts.

Huh. Good idea, PF! Thanks!

No nearby UPS store in the Great White North.

Last edited:
Huh. Good idea, PF! Thanks!

No nearby UPS store in the Great White North.

Dad got the equivalent of 10-33 gallon bags of peanuts into a gallon jug. Took a while but it worked. Won't happen overnight but beats sneaking out to the trash.

Dad got the equivalent of 10-33 gallon bags of peanuts into a gallon jug. Took a while but it worked. Won't happen overnight but beats sneaking out to the trash.

I'll mention this to the realtor. I'm 3 states away, so can't do it my own self.

Back
Top Bottom