Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'm thinking of just taking it back saturday morning instead of trying to fit it in tomorrow. Luckily the body shop and rental place are very close to home.

I miss my little car, although the rental is quite nice, there is something about having your own car!

I think this sounds much better than trying to do too much all at once.

You can do it. Just once more day. Take it easy on yourself.

I just found my precious Betta has passed away. I fed her two hours ago and she seemed fine, but when I checked on her as I always do, she has passed. I'm so very sad.

Earlier today, I went to the grocery store after class, and a rude woman shoved my cart away and pushed her cart in front of me in the cashier's line. She said she was in a hurry and she didn't have time to wait in line. I didn't say anything, I just let her go.

Then coming into our gated community, there was that stupid gate guard again and this time he stopped me, asked what I had in the bags, and said he could show me some fun, and told me to meet him at the gate at 11pm. I told him a very nasty thing and I called the HOA about this when I got home.

I'm very unhappy and annoyed.

With love,
~Cat

At one time back in the early 70's, the medical folks fought tooth and nail against having optometrists even look into your eyes. It wasn't until the late 70's/early 80's that the law was changed. :angel:

I just found my precious Betta has passed away. I fed her two hours ago and she seemed fine, but when I checked on her as I always do, she has passed. I'm so very sad.

Earlier today, I went to the grocery store after class, and a rude woman shoved my cart away and pushed her cart in front of me in the cashier's line. She said she was in a hurry and she didn't have time to wait in line. I didn't say anything, I just let her go.

Then coming into our gated community, there was that stupid gate guard again and this time he stopped me, asked what I had in the bags, and said he could show me some fun, and told me to meet him at the gate at 11pm. I told him a very nasty thing and I called the HOA about this when I got home.

With love,
~Cat
Good Lord Cat! You've had at least a month's worth of bad day today. Here, you really need one of these...and I have lots to share.

smiley-hug008.gif

Hope tomorrow is a wonderful day to make up for some of the sad and bad today.

With love,
~Cat

Sorry you had such a bad day, ~Cat!

Bunches of hugs.

With love,
~Cat

I would have shown him some pain that would have kept him from having "fun" for a very long time!

Those vans don't have hinged mirrors?? :huh: I've had two different Dodge Caravans, 1996 and 2003. They both had hinges on both the driver and passenger door mirrors. Something as simple as cutting in too close when pulling into the garage or clipping a garbage cart that rolled into the street would push it back. Not so loose that it would move it you just bumped it. Even my 2012 Hyundai Sonata has hinged mirrors, but they're real bears to move.
They do have hinged mirrors but they're only good for the reasons you stated.....to get extra clearance. But if you clip those mirrors while driving, even at 10mph, not only will they retract, they will also shatter.
I kept the damaged mirror assembly from the first incident and compared the damage with her latest incident. Nearly identical cracks, including the outer case molding.
These mirrors are pricey because the assembly includes electronics contained in each mirror such as the motor, turn indicator, and blind spot sensor. Plus, the casings need to match your vehicle color.

As far as optometrists vs opthalmologists go, at Kaiser, my wife can easily schedule an appt through her doc to see an opthalmologist at the same cost to her to see an optometrist. So perhaps this will save her time in the event that the opthalmologist does find something wrong with her vision.

As far as optometrists vs opthalmologists go, at Kaiser, my wife can easily schedule an appt through her doc to see an opthalmologist at the same cost to her to see an optometrist. So perhaps this will save her time in the event that the opthalmologist does find something wrong with her vision.
Are the ophthalmologists willing to prescribe corrective lenses? Mine isn't.

Well my car won't be ready today, they found additional damage behind the bumper. I'm not really surprised, the car was hit hard enough to move it, I had a feeling that it was a bit more than superficial damage.

Here's hoping to get it back on Monday or tuesday. Good news is that Rob's car will be done, and my afternoon isn't quite as hectic, even though I have to still cross town twice.

So sorry about your betta, Cat. And for the car woes, Bakechef and Roadfix.

Here's another car woe: I pulled into the school parking lot, and the maintenance man who was pulling out of the lot rolled down his window and pointed out that I had a flat tire. I called DH, he couldn't come from work. Then all of a sudden my car alarm went off, and I couldn't stop it! Put the key in the ignition, pushed all sorts of buttons, nothing worked. Finally I put the key in the door, then it stopped. Thankfully, I tracked down a janitor, and he put the spare on for me (reluctantly, it was really cold out!). The new-fangled jacks are not straight-forward like the old ones. I took the car to our mechanic, and they found out the aluminum in the wheel had corroded, and had let out the air. They have a machine that grinds out the corrosion. Rather than make 4 trips, one for each tire when it goes flat, I'm having them fix all 4 at once. It should be ready soon. Good mechanics are like gold!

Last edited:
So sorry about your betta, Cat. And for the car woes, Bakechef and Roadfix.

Here's another car woe: I pulled into the school parking lot, and the maintenance man who was pulling out of the lot rolled down his window and pointed out that I had a flat tire. I called DH, he couldn't come from work. Then all of a sudden my car alarm went off, and I couldn't stop it! Put the key in the ignition, pushed all sorts of buttons, nothing worked. Finally I put the key in the door, then it stopped. Thankfully, I tracked down a janitor, and he put the spare on for me (reluctantly, it was really cold out!). The new-fangled jacks are not straight-forward like the old ones. I took the car to our mechanic, and they found out the aluminum in the wheel had corroded, and had let out the air. They have a machine that grinds out the corrosion. Rather than make 4 trips, one for each tire when it goes flat, I'm having them fix all 4 at once. It should be ready soon. Good mechanics are like gold!

The mechanic that Rob has been using is his boss's husband, he seems really good and reasonable, he's treated him really well. It's a load of my mind to have found a good mechanic, dealerships get my business for warranty work but are too expensive after that. He stands behind his work. A Lady was there to pay him for a starter that was replaced that he installed and went bad, the part was under warranty and he refused to charge her labor, he called it the small price for keeping good customers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Yes, you have to keep a good mechanic. I have one who refused to fix the first car I ever brought him because it was a rust bucket and he would be doing me a disservice by fixing the brakes. I decided right then that anyone who would refuse a job (money) for customer safety was the man I wanted fixing my cars.

The mechanic that Rob has been using is his boss's husband, he seems really good and reasonable, he's treated him really well. It's a load of my mind to have found a good mechanic, dealerships get my business for warranty work but are too expensive after that. He stands behind his work. A Lady was there to pay him for a starter that was replaced that he installed and went bad, the part was under warranty and he refused to charge her labor, he called it the small price for keeping good customers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Discuss Cooking mobile app

DH just brought my car home (he works near the mechanic shop and we'd swapped). :ROFLMAO: Our mechanic presented DH with 2 free t shirts! Love the guy!

When I took my car to a dealership for a recall fix, they did a free check of all systems, and presented me with a $3500 estimate of all the things that needed to be "fixed". Rick, our mechanic, went through the list, and the only thing that was needed was changing the A/C filter, which he did for less than half of what the dealership quoted. Guess who I trust.

Last edited:
Here in Quebec, and some other parts of Canada, we have a group called the APA, Automobile Protection Association. They do stuff like put a hidden camera in a car and then bring it to various garages for repairs.

They have caught mechanics breaking stuff and one guy got caught peeing on the engine. :ohmy:

The guy who does vehicle inspections for them told me to keep bringing my car to Swedish Auto. When I buy a car (I buy used), I always pay to have him inspect the car before I buy it.

Thank you all for your hugs and kindness to me. ((((((hugs))))) to all of you.

I wrapped my little Betta, Pinky, in a small bit of cloth and put her in a little box and laid her to rest under the maple tree.

That lady shoved my cart at my shin and I have a bruise there now. All she had to do was tell me she was in a hurry. I would have let her go in front of me.

The HOA president accused me of flirting with that stupid gate guard today. He came to our house, and said this in front of Mamma and DA. He also said girls like me should not flirt with married men and that I need counseling.

I became very furious. I do know there are very good cameras at the gate which record everything. I told him to get out of our house, go look at the cameras, and return when he's ready with a full apology. I will not be treated as a tramp.

That gate guard is awful. He always stops me and says stupid things to me and winks at me and speaks of my appearance. I always drive away when he starts of this, but lately he has started this to me outside the gate and I can't drive through without breaking the gate arm and damaging my Joy.

I hate him. I conduct myself as a good girl and I don't flirt and I don't have time to act all lovelorn or whatever.

I hate him.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom