Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's snowin'. It's blowin', the roads are a closin'
And I'm still stuck at work.

Kinda sounds like the lyrics for a new country tune.:LOL:

Unfortunately, it's too true right now. I hope the roads are open to my house at 5 p.m. today. There are those who live further out of town than I do, some who will have to travel on closed roads to get home. There should be snow days for workers whenever schools close, which they have here, at 1:00 p.m. today.:ohmy:

I wonder if I could modify that old tune - Let Me Go Home (The Sloop John B), so that it would describe navigating a blizzard, rather than a trip aboard a ship. Hmmm.:ermm:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Who is Rob Ford? :angel:
As mentioned, he's the mayor of Toronto. There was a video of him smoking crack and then they found one of him talking about having the dealer who sold it to him killed. Of course, at first, he denied it.

This was his excuse, "Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine," Ford told reporters Tuesday outside his office. "There have been times when I've been in a drunken stupor. That's why I want to see the tape. I want everyone in the city to see this tape. I don't even recall there being a tape or video. I want to see the state that I was in."

Yes, he's an embarrassment.

Mayor of Toronto. Been on the news a lot lately for being stoopid. I know that isn't real news since he's a politician and they tend to be stoopid, but his exploits have been fodder for the news for several months.

:wacko: :wacko: Oh yes. He has made the news in this country also. And he hasn't been impeached yet. :angel:

Arrrg! If you can't figure out that sending morse code messages with your break lights while going up an icey hill is a bad idea then maybe you should go back to driving school. Or just stop driving until summer. That would be OK too.

Also, I am so sick of being lectured by everyone and all of their relatives about how not wearing a hat is going to kill me and everyone around me because the cold will cause me to catch the plague. That's not how it works! And it's not *that* cold! And when it *is* cold, I pull the hood on my coat up! I don't like wearing winter hats. They slip off my head and give me head aches and make me too hot. And if it's actually cold enough that a hat would provide some bennefit to me I just double wrap my big, thick, homemade scarf, pull it up to just below my eyes, pull my hood up, and abra-cadabra I have less exposed skin than if I were wearing a snowmobile mask but without the headache. So leave me alone about it!

I used to like winter until I moved down here.

Arrrg! If you can't figure out that sending morse code messages with your break lights while going up an icey hill is a bad idea then maybe you should go back to driving school. Or just stop driving until summer. That would be OK too.

Also, I am so sick of being lectured by everyone and all of their relatives about how not wearing a hat is going to kill me and everyone around me because the cold will cause me to catch the plague. That's not how it works! And it's not *that* cold! And when it *is* cold, I pull the hood on my coat up! I don't like wearing winter hats. They slip off my head and give me head aches and make me too hot. And if it's actually cold enough that a hat would provide some bennefit to me I just double wrap my big, thick, homemade scarf, pull it up to just below my eyes, pull my hood up, and abra-cadabra I have less exposed skin than if I were wearing a snowmobile mask but without the headache. So leave me alone about it!

I used to like winter until I moved down here.

I get the same stupid lecture about going outside with wet hair in the winter...still!!!! In 53 frelling years, I've never caught so much as a sniffle from it.

I get the same stupid lecture about going outside with wet hair in the winter...still!!!! In 53 frelling years, I've never caught so much as a sniffle from it.

:LOL: You don't catch cold from being cold, you catch cold from a virus! I don't wear hats, prefer my hoods and scarves too.

I do have to watch carefully. I wear black pants and boots, and the white road salt has a habit of showing up on both, all the way up to my knees! Plus, I brush against my car, which is also covered in road salt. Am thinking I need to start carrying a damp washcloth in a ziplock instead of a paper towel that leaves shreds.

Well, if it's below 0°F, I'll laugh at you for going out with wet hair. It won't make you sick, it'll just freeze solid and won't dry. :LOL:

I don't tell people they will get sick if they don't wear a hat in the cold. I just point out that it is easy to lose 50% of your body heat through your head. You probably won't notice your head getting cold, but your (to your body) less important fingers and toes will feel a lot colder.

I rarely wear a hat. If it's really cold outside, I'm not outside for long. House to car, car to store, store to car, car to house. I could do it without a coat too but I don't.

Well, if it's below 0°F, I'll laugh at you for going out with wet hair. It won't make you sick, it'll just freeze solid and won't dry. :LOL:

I don't tell people they will get sick if they don't wear a hat in the cold. I just point out that it is easy to lose 50% of your body heat through your head. You probably won't notice your head getting cold, but your (to your body) less important fingers and toes will feel a lot colder.

It thaws quickly...no problem.

I do wear gloves, socks and boots...

I can't STAND ANYTHING touching the graft on the bottom of my leg. So in the winter I never wear socks. Not even in the bitter cold. And I don't wear boots. Even when I sleep, no blanket or sheet on that leg. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom