Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure that's true----- that's one of the reasons I call ahead and ask a clerk to go back to the shelves, hold my bottle in their hand and tell me it's ready!
Sometimes I don't want to shop----- I just want to pick up my meds.

When it comes to Target, I always want to shop. I usually go there knowing I will have the 15 min wait for the meds, then I can buy the other things I need while I wait.

....After 15 months of constant pain and not being able to fully use my knee and, in fact, losing use of it, I decided I needed to see another doctor. Mine wasn't listening to me.
.....but I'm also disappointed and angry at having lost 15 months of my life, and countless $$$$ because of the first replacement.
Wow, sorry to hear it's still bad after this long! Glad you found a more sympathetic doctor. Be sure that when you finally calm down you file a complaint with KY's medical review board. If more people complained about doctors like that, the bedside manner and attention to their patients might improve with a little prodding from those that renew the doctor's license.

Wow, sorry to hear it's still bad after this long! Glad you found a more sympathetic doctor. Be sure that when you finally calm down you file a complaint with KY's medical review board. If more people complained about doctors like that, the bedside manner and attention to their patients might improve with a little prodding from those that renew the doctor's license.

I agree that he should be reported. But always keep in mind that if your complaint goes on record all the other doctors in your state will know about that. I've known doctors who ask on their intake form for a new patient "Have you ever filed a complaint against a doctor?"

Now it doesn't take much brain power for that patient to decide to lie about that. :LOL: But then when the prospective new doctor finds out you lied AND had filed a complaint---- there may be some blow-back.

The Old Boy White Coat Network is alive and working efficiently.

I worked as an accountant for 33 years. The last thing I wanted to do when I got home was balance a checkbook! But I did it.

I do virtually all my banking and bill paying online. I maintain an Excel spreadsheet with transactions for all checking and savings accounts. As I said in another thread - a little anal.

Don't call it anal Andy, call it organized. And precise. :)

I keep thinking it's about time I did the checkbook balance online. With Himself no longer working and his unemployment having run out I never have to consider what money went into checking when it's time to pay bills. I'm always moving money from savings to checking, and always checking the account online before I pay bills...again, online. So when I'm ready to move money and pay bills, I see which payments have cleared since my previous visit. So WHY do I still get those paper statements every month??? :huh: I guess some habits die hard...I probably should murder this one. Less paper to destroy or move AND another sapling saved.

CG---- I still get paper copies of all my statements/bills etc even though I do almost everything online. Why? Because that gives me a hard copy to refer to IF I HAVE TO when a computer glitch happens.

I'm on the fence about reporting it. On my last visit to the first doctor, he asked me if I was glad I had the knee replaced. I looked him right in the eye and gave him a firm, "NO!" I thought, perhaps, that would cause him to respond in some way. He said nothing. That told me...a lot.

I have submitted a review of him on his medical site and, needless to say, I did not give him stellar marks.

Glenn had his right knee replaced by his practicemate and it went flawlessly, which is one of the reasons I felt comfortable using the doctor I did. Plus, he'd already repaired my right hand several months earlier and that went perfectly. There were no signs that I'd have any difficulties.

The only difference in the two is experience. My doctor is relatively young. Glenn's is a seasoned physician.

I do virtually all my banking and bill paying online. I maintain an Excel spreadsheet with transactions for all checking and savings accounts. As I said in another thread - a little anal.

I am afraid to do online banking or bill paying. I'm afraid someone can get my account information that way, even though I know most people do this. Even for making purchases online, I have 1 credit card that I use only for online purchases.

I want to continue to receive all my bills in the mail and send checks to pay them. If something happens to me and the bills come online, DH will never know there's a bill. He doesn't know how to write out a check but hopefully his children would help him with that.

I agree that he should be reported. But always keep in mind that if your complaint goes on record all the other doctors in your state will know about that. I've known doctors who ask on their intake form for a new patient "Have you ever filed a complaint against a doctor?"

Now it doesn't take much brain power for that patient to decide to lie about that. :LOL: But then when the prospective new doctor finds out you lied AND had filed a complaint---- there may be some blow-back.

The Old Boy White Coat Network is alive and working efficiently.

I wouldn't hesitate to lie about that. The intake form should be to inform the doctor of your past health information. I would not consider it a legal document. They should treat you to the best of their ability and there should be no blow-back. Doctors don't always tell their patients the truth, or they omit facts that are not asked.

A few days ago I got one of those phone calls where the guy says he is my grandson. He did kind of sounded like him with a cold. He asked if I could keep a secrete. I got on alert. I said, what is your first name and he said, come on grandma you know my name, I kept asking him and he had no answer. So I said what is my first name and he kept saying, come on grandma, you know this is your favorite oldest grandson and I said you sound awful old for 11 (my oldest grandson is 32). And he hung up. I have often heard of these phone calls but I never thought I would get one. I guess they say they are in trouble and ask you to send them some money.

A few days ago I got one of those phone calls where the guy says he is my grandson. He did kind of sounded like him with a cold. He asked if I could keep a secrete. I got on alert. I said, what is your first name and he said, come on grandma you know my name, I kept asking him and he had no answer. So I said what is my first name and he kept saying, come on grandma, you know this is your favorite oldest grandson and I said you sound awful old for 11 (my oldest grandson is 32). And he hung up. I have often heard of these phone calls but I never thought I would get one. I guess they say they are in trouble and ask you to send them some money.
Good thing you were suspicious.

I am afraid to do online banking or bill paying. I'm afraid someone can get my account information that way, even though I know most people do this. Even for making purchases online, I have 1 credit card that I use only for online purchases.

I want to continue to receive all my bills in the mail and send checks to pay them. If something happens to me and the bills come online, DH will never know there's a bill. He doesn't know how to write out a check but hopefully his children would help him with that.

I agree!

All of these things work fine most of the time, but when they go wrong they usually go horribly wrong. The same with the information that people provide on social media sites. It amazes me how people share every speck of information about themselves, family, daily routine etc... Maybe I've watched too many television cop shows and scary movies, I just don't think it is a good idea to tell the world all of your business.

CarolPa----- a lot of people feel the way you do about online banking. And yes, it could get snagged sometime by a clever hacker.

But what about the wait staff at a restaurant that takes your credit card and goes out of sight with that card and it's numbers? (grin)

Please excuse my rant. I am so angry now, I could spit. I just spent all afternoon trying to get a flight out to go to a niece's graduation near Las Vegas. The blankety blank website booted me off 20 times after I put in all the info. 5 of those times I was able to put in my credit card info, then the little pop-up would come up stating, "Oops, something went wrong. Please start over." I had to reenter our dates, seats, personal info, watching the outrageous overcharging (for a window seat, aisle seat, and one checked bag, everything is extra, including carryons). And DH insisted that we coordinate with the other members of his side of the family, which meant spending an extra $700. If we could have gone out and come back on different days, it would have been much cheaper. But no, that would not be possible. I told not-so-DH that he gets to book everything next time. :mad: :mad:

CG---- I still get paper copies of all my statements/bills etc even though I do almost everything online. Why? Because that gives me a hard copy to refer to IF I HAVE TO when a computer glitch happens.

I can view my statements right on line and print it out if I need a hard copy. I have opted to go paperless with all my bills. Now I actually have empty room in my wastebaskets. :angel:

I get statements online as much as possible. I download them. I lose stuff. I have yet to lose a computer. I can find all my statements without going online, well the ones I get online.

CarolPa----- a lot of people feel the way you do about online banking. And yes, it could get snagged sometime by a clever hacker.

But what about the wait staff at a restaurant that takes your credit card and goes out of sight with that card and it's numbers? (grin)

I don't know about CarolPa, but I'll take my chances with an individual who has access to my information once rather than placing my information permanently on the internet.

I use cash for most day to day items like restaurants. I'm from the old credit is good, cash is King crowd! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was a bookkeeper most of my working life. I really enjoy the fact that with a debit card and account, I don't have to wonder. If I call and check on my accound, I get the current balance, including the shopping trip(s) I just made. It's instant.

I've balanced my share of checking accounts, but it's really nice not to have to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom