Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, that man was rude and it was ridiculous for him to say such a thing. You did nothing wrong and there's no reason for you to be ashamed. I agree with Cooking Goddess - if a store owner or manager said that to me, I would tell him it's none of his business what I choose to wear and I wouldn't go back.

Same here, ~Cat. I would have told him to mind his own business and left, never going back. I would also tell him why he just lost a customer. He was not only rude but a bully as well.

Cat.....the dumb store manager must have been drunk to treat you in this manner. That's what they do in Mexico, get drunk, for those who actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo. It's more of an American tradition to celebrate this day, mostly at Mexican cantinas across the US.
Express your shock and displeasure to the manager if and when he sobers up.
Proudly wear your American Flag t-shirt any time, any where.

I didn't know of Cinco de Mayo today, and so the store manager told me to leave the store immediately. He said my shirt was offensive to Mexicans and I could come back if I wore a different shirt.

Did the manager not realize that he was earning his living in the USA? Presumably American's were buying merchandise there?

Should have asked him if he was a citizen of the U.S. Have the Immigration Services on speed dial. :LOL:

Cat, I agree with what others have written. Those Mexican immigrants chose to live in the US.

On the other hand, if you had worn it to a demonstration by American Natives for treaty rights or similar, it would have been in poor taste.

I assumed the clerk was NOT Mexican. Just a jerk! And like GG said, it doesn't matter what his ethnicity is.
The behavior is uncalled for.

Both of them are Hispanic and I didn't wish to offend, but I am an American. I emailed a complaint to the store's main office and I did strongly require an explanation of this action, and I also requested an apology. I did say Cinco de Mayo is not a law and I'm very tired of political agendas meeting me in a grocery store. I am there to buy food and to conduct business, and NOT to be confronted of some political stuff of an entirely different country I have no idea of.

Let us see what happens, yes?

With love,
~Cat

It was my response to the talk about why spelling is so bad now. That's TwitterSpeak.

Twitter Dictionary: A Guide to Understanding Twitter Lingo - Webopedia.com

I do have a cell phone. It rings, I answer it and I talk. I dial a number, the person answers, I talk. I don't text, twitter, or anything else. I just talk. So twitter means nothing to me and a lot of other folks of my age. We just talk.

This is a forum of folks who talk back and forth using the English language. I don't believe we have a thread for puzzles, do we anyone? :angel:

Both of them are Hispanic and I didn't wish to offend, but I am an American. I emailed a complaint to the store's main office and I did strongly require an explanation of this action, and I also requested an apology. I did say Cinco de Mayo is not a law and I'm very tired of political agendas meeting me in a grocery store. I am there to buy food and to conduct business, and NOT to be confronted of some political stuff of an entirely different country I have no idea of.

With love,
~Cat

Good for you girl. And you did it the American way. You lodged a complaint at headquarters. You constantly make me so proud of you. :angel:

I do have a cell phone. It rings, I answer it and I talk. I dial a number, the person answers, I talk. I don't text, twitter, or anything else. I just talk. So twitter means nothing to me and a lot of other folks of my age. We just talk.

This is a forum of folks who talk back and forth using the English language. I don't believe we have a thread for puzzles, do we anyone? :angel:

Addie, I hope you realize I was making a joke in a back-handed way. :)

With love,
~Cat

I really wish people would get it in their heads that saying "I love this," or "I support this," doesn't mean the same thing as "I hate everything else." The "offensive to immigrants" argument is ridiculous. How exactly is saying "I love and support the country you chose to live in" offensive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom