Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The older I get the more convinced I become that I'm the only good driver on the road! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

How is your hand doing!

Seems to me there are worse things than driving like a little old lady. Especially since that is my only choice.

My cut hand -- turned out to include a severed nerve in my finger. I'm finished now with a few months of occupational therapy, and it's gradually improving. Doc, the hand surgeon, says it will probably be close to a year before it feels normal again. Nice of you to ask, Bea.

Seems to me there are worse things than driving like a little old lady. Especially since that is my only choice.

My cut hand -- turned out to include a severed nerve in my finger. I'm finished now with a few months of occupational therapy, and it's gradually improving. Doc, the hand surgeon, says it will probably be close to a year before it feels normal again. Nice of you to ask, Bea.

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Nothing wrong with driving like a little old lady, just ask Jan and Dean! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxPgFUjDpA

When someone tailgates me, I get nervous. When I get nervous, I drive slower. I often tap my brakes to signal that I don't want to be tailgaited. It even works more often than not.

I hate it when they come speeding up behind you and don't pass until they are almost on your bumper. Why wait so long when they know they are going to pass. Its a 4 lane highway for goodness sake.

I hate it when they come speeding up behind you and don't pass until they are almost on your bumper. Why wait so long when they know they are going to pass. Its a 4 lane highway for goodness sake.

Because they think you should be driving in the slow lane and are trying to force you over where they think you belong. Don't let them. Just stick to the speed limit. :angel:

Because they think you should be driving in the slow lane and are trying to force you over where they think you belong. Don't let them. Just stick to the speed limit. :angel:

But I am in the slow lane to begin with. So I don't know what their problem is.:ermm:

In PA it is illegal to drive in the left lane unless you are passing or making a left turn. So if someone comes up behind you in the left lane you are to move to the right lane and let them pass regardless of how fast they are going. The exception is if the right lane is full and you cannot pull over. DH thinks the left lane was invented for him and everyone else should stay out of it. LOL

I'm having an awful afternoon!

This morning I made a change to my pc that required me to sign into all of my accounts. The only two accounts that I do not have passwords for are FB and email. I have been going around in circles with Microsoft trying to recover my email account and I think it is just about hopeless. I saw a glimmer of hope when I found a telephone number on the internet for microsoft customer service 800-642-7676. I called and a young man gave me another number to call 866-612-4220 for a company called Omni. It started sounding like a scam or a sales pitch so I bowed out before giving them too much information.

Do any of you have a clue on how I can get to a genuine Microsoft employee that can help me with my problem?

Aunt Bea, can't you do a System Restore to a restore point before you made the changes?

I tried and had no luck.

I will probably just create a new FB and email account.

I should get rid of the computer, with internet fees and other odds and ends it costs me about $600.00/yr for a toy and that does not include the money I spend on unnecessary shopping!

I would miss the social interaction, I spend more time with folks on the internet than I do with my own family and sad to say I enjoy it more! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I tried and had no luck.

I will probably just create a new FB and email account.

I should get rid of the computer, with internet fees and other odds and ends it costs me about $600.00/yr for a toy and that does not include the money I spend on unnecessary shopping!

I would miss the social interaction, I spend more time with folks on the internet than I do with my own family and sad to say I enjoy it more! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Don't you dare go anywhere!

Please, NOOOOOO, Aunt Bea. I love you. You make me laugh and give smart advice. Please don't leave us. What would you do without us?

I'm having an awful afternoon!

This morning I made a change to my pc that required me to sign into all of my accounts. The only two accounts that I do not have passwords for are FB and email. I have been going around in circles with Microsoft trying to recover my email account and I think it is just about hopeless. I saw a glimmer of hope when I found a telephone number on the internet for microsoft customer service 800-642-7676. I called and a young man gave me another number to call 866-612-4220 for a company called Omni. It started sounding like a scam or a sales pitch so I bowed out before giving them too much information.

Do any of you have a clue on how I can get to a genuine Microsoft employee that can help me with my problem?

Is your email account with Microsoft? Usually it's with your Internet service provider.

Also, a tip: Set a restore point before you make a big change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom