Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I am suffering from post menopausal PMS. (Is there even such a thing?) I really do not want to go to Winthrop today. Every morning when I wake up it is still dark out and we haven't even turned the clocks back. If God is playing games with me, then he is winning. Isn't there a disorder regarding not getting enough light? Maybe that is what is wrong with me today.

As much as I love the ocean, it is this time of year I begin to wonder why. Sunday, sitting there on my scooter with just a light sweater on, we were only a half block from the water. The breeze was coming in from the ocean. The air temp said it was reasonably warm, the breeze gave me a different message. Today it is going to be the same thing. The building in Winthrop is just a couple of buildings from the ocean. I like to go out and sit there every so often to get away from all the folks inside. I will have to dress for that and not the real weather.

Anybody have a PMS pill for a crazy old lady? :angel:

We all have those days, they help us appreciate the good ones!

Seasonal affective disorder or SAD is a form of depression associated with low light, usually in the winter months. I wonder if Uncle Fester suffered from SAD! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Uncle-fester-light-bulb-502x353.jpg

9k=

We are going to hit 80 today, it is windy and humid!

Today was my Doctor day, one of the more or less worthless visits that I have to drive 70 miles round trip for. I could have done it over the telephone with a nurse and saved us both a lot of bother. Oh well, it creates jobs!

A1C came in at 6.7! :clap:

I have to schedule another A1C in January, after all the temptations of the holidays! :(

Last edited:
I have a very small vent. It's the shoe strings on my tennis shoes. They are so long even when I double knot them they are still way too long. I guess I'll just have to buy some shorter ones. Bummer.

*sigh* Once again, our internet went down. This has been a recurring problem late at night. We figured they were doing some sort of updates on the line - probably because they figure everyone is sleeping in the wee hours. Well we showed them! Tonight was the final straw. Himself called to see what was going on. So, of course, I went into the room to kibitz. When she asked it there was anything else as they were wrapping up the call, I queried about a credit. Didn't expect much because we aren't out for that long (I think the longest was 1 1/2 hours) but it doesn't hurt to ask. We have $10 coming off our next bill! Better than nothing! The good news is, they are almost done with all of their updates and this should be ending soon.

We had a visit from The Henderson County Animal Control people today. Someone (a lady from work) reported us for cruelty to animals, abuse, and neglect.

I had mentioned we had eight cats here, and that lady said she had a sister who worked for Animal Control. I didn't know she would report us to her sister.

It was heartbreaking. Our home is very, very clean, and we showed her all eight perfectly scooped and clean litterboxes (three times a day with 8 cats, of course), plenty of all foods and water, the immaculate back yard where my Lilly runs, everything nice and neat...the way we live.

This woman even inspected the bathroom, which of course was beautiful as always, and she went through both bedrooms and our computer room which are very nice and pretty. She commented that our house might be clean, but she said it was tacky.

We smoke, but never in the house and garage, so she found our ashtry on the table on our front deck and by that time I was furious. I told her we never subject our pets to second-hand smoke. She called me a liar and that's when I called the sheriff's department. Enough was enough. The deputy arrived, looked at the pet areas, met some cats and my dog, and sent her packing.

He said they're only supposed to check on the well-being of the pets in or out of the house, and she had no right to look in our bedrooms or bathrooms. He said our pet areas were pristine and we had nothing to worry about.

Of course we don't! Just because we have eight cats our home is nasty?

When I get to work tomorrow, with the paperwork I have, I'm going to our store manager. This has to be harrassment or something. Many of my co-workers have visited here, our home is very nice and we love our pets and take very, very good care of them. They have all their vaccinations, although the cats don't go out. Everyone is fixed, we have wonderful and consistent vet care, and this happens?

I really have no use for nosy people!!

CCL, your manager can't do anything about the Animal Control inspector's behavior; your co-worker isn't responsible for that, either. You would have better luck, and possibly prevent other people from having to go through that, by contacting the inspector's supervisor and sharing the sheriff's report with that person.

The deputy called today, and he did that just this morning. He contacted the head of Animal Control and reported her and sent his report over to him.

The thing the deputy was concerned about was this: Had my co-worker ever come to our home? I said no, never at first, but then I did remember she had! Three years ago, she and her husband came to our house to pick up an almost-new Bowflex we had to give away and some other good things we weren't using any more for a store associate who lost everything he had in a flood. We loaded everything through the garage, but they never came inside. We had 5 cats then, and of course, our dog.

He said he'd add that to the report before he sent it, but that it really didn't matter. He said it was a breach of protocol to inspect a home without a formal, registered complaint filed through either the Sheriff's office or Animal Control, which is a part of the Sheriff's office.

Grrrrrr!! I told our store manager about it today, and apparently she has done this to others in the store who have pets. I'm the fifth person she'd turned in! I only had a half day today, so the manager said she'd talk to her and possibly turn this over to our district manager. Good. The district manager is my husband's cousin. This should be fun!

I know there are so many people out there who really don't take care of their pets, and that does make me very angry. I know, believe me, how much work it takes and how expensive it is to take care of now eight cats and a dog, but they are like children to us. They're all fixed, healthy, flea-free, have all their shots, our vets are less than 2 miles from our home (yay!) and the litterboxes are scooped whenever there's a clump and every other day they are bleached and changed with fresh litter. It's a nasty job, but if I like a clean bathroom, so do they.

The deputy said he'd either be in touch for a follow-up or the Animal Control guy will call. We'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, I'd better go look for a clump!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom