Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate being sick. I have a cold and feel miserable. I was supposed to go for a flu shot today but I'll wait a bit.

I had to give in and turn on the heat today. Too many chilly days. The house too cool to be comfortable.

I hate being sick. I have a cold and feel miserable. I was supposed to go for a flu shot today but I'll wait a bit.

I had to give in and turn on the heat today. Too many chilly days. The house too cool to be comfortable.

First buckytom and now you. Take care of yourself. Chicken soup, and lots of rest. Keep warm and remember we all care about you. :angel:

The Flu shot won't hurt you, if that is what is holding you back. I'm sorry you have a cold...not fun.

I have to drag Shrek in for his Shingles vaccine, I wish I could get him to get a Flu Shot.

I've had all my shots, distemper, rabies...

The Flu shot won't hurt you, if that is what is holding you back. I'm sorry you have a cold...not fun.

I have to drag Shrek in for his Shingles vaccine, I wish I could get him to get a Flu Shot.

Thanks, PF. I wasn't concerned about the shot so much as driving there and back. I'd rather stay home and be miserable.

Thanks, PF. I wasn't concerned about the shot so much as driving there and back. I'd rather stay home and be miserable.

I hear you, I'd always rather stay home and be miserable by myself. Eating ramen noodles and crackers, curled up under a blanket.

Was out until 3 am this morning. My straight friends wanted to go to a gay club, not really our thing but with it being Halloween we figured why not. There were a lot of amazing costumes, I mean they had to spend a lot of time on them, and it was really fun to see.

We're too darned old for this club thing though, lol!

Anti-stinky toes shot, foul temper vaccine, be nice Jersey Kids vaccine, anti-frizzy hair vaccine..., Yup I think you've got all of your vaccines.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Get well quick Andy. It's no fun being sick, especially when the weather is as miserable as you feel. Don't know about you, but I feel less sick if the sun is shining. Rain is *bletch* weather.

Give him the site to order his own!:devilish:

Zhizara, He doesn't have a clue about going online and ordering things, and I want to keep it that way! This way, he has to come to me and ask me to order something for him. He can sometimes google and find the item he wants, but doesn't know how to order.

He used to not know how to use an ATM, and I rue the day I taught him.

Have to complain about myself. There is this job I do once in a while. Maybe 10 times over last 20 years. You would think I'd have enough sense to write down the details and instructions. I had to do it yesterday and I totally messed it up. Couldn't remember what or how to do it. So stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Have to complain about myself. There is this job I do once in a while. Maybe 10 times over last 20 years. You would think I'd have enough sense to write down the details and instructions. I had to do it yesterday and I totally messed it up. Couldn't remember what or how to do it. So stupid.

Don't feel bad Charlie. I had a job with the Tax Department. I was doing data entry for taxes received. I had been doing sales tax for a few months. Then they switched me over to the Celebrity Files. A lot of confidential information in them. Home addresses, personal phone numbers, SS numbers, etc. I was on them for about six months. Those were the tax files of entertainment folks who came here to entertain and had to pay Non-resident Taxes. Those files also had some higher up folks in there. It was my job to send out their tax bill. Then the Commissioner of Taxes started to pull some files of his friends and close out their bills. Big investigation. I was pulled off of them in a hurry because I had to testify against him.

They put me back on Sales Taxes. I had completely forgotten how to do them. And I screwed them up royally. My mind had turned to mush. :angel:

Charlie, I'm confused. What job are you talking about?

You are welcome Jo. I enjoy finding things that help folks get into their day faster and with the least amount of frustration. Turning your walking shoes into slip-ons is one of those things.

I went with The Pirate to talk with Nancy, my NP today to get to the bottom of this excruciating pain in my hip. The Vicodin was no longer doing the job completely. There was always some pain left over, Just a little, but enough to be annoying and to keep me from being on my feet as long as I wanted to be. I was unable to complete even the simplest chore. I wanted to know what had changed in my left hip so much that it was no long completely responding to the medication.

So my doctor talked to me on the phone and told me that he was going to put me on a new medicine tramadol with ibruprofen and acetamin. At no time did he mention that I should be taking these with the Vicodin. Even when he talked to Poo, my medical proxy. So I thought that 'okay, I will give these a try.' Although I couldn't for the life of me figure how OTC was going to be any better. I tossed out what was left of my Vicodin. And then the pain started for real! I was in tears when I called Winthrop yesterday.

So Nancy herself was surprised that the doctor hadn't been more explicit in his instructions. And no where was it writing with any of the meds that I should be taking them all at the same time. Failure to communicate complete instructions on how I should be taking the medicines and badly written instructions from the pharmacy.

So Nancy ordered me the right amount of medicines I should be taking at the same time together. She told me to toss out everything I received the days previously to when all of this started. I started from new tonight. I took the first doze about thirty minutes ago and am already receiving full relief. BTW, she also noticed that I have lost a lot of weight since most of me meds were first prescribed eight years ago. She looked at my weight and the amount of dosages for the different meds and lowered some of the dosages. Like me, she felt some of them were too high for my weight and height. She also ordered me X-rays of both hips since the last set I had done was more than five years ago. I will go Wednesday morning for them. Then to the eye clinic to order my new reading glasses. Monday it is to the Neuropathy doctor to see how much damage there is to my leg. Then in December, off to the Gastrointestinal doctor to find out why I can't swallow.

All this pain because the doctor failed to give me along with the pharmacy the proper directions on how all of them should be taken. Right now I am so angry, that I am going to work myself up to an ulcer. I am practicing taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down. :angel:

Addie, I hope you feel better and do not need doctors, so you won't be a angry with them, so you would not get the ulcer??

Addie, I hope you feel better and do not need doctors, so you won't be a angry with them, so you would not get the ulcer����

Thanks Charlie. I am calm now. It was finally all straightened out yesterday. We are now all on the same page. I am much better today and pain free once again. But I am receiving amphetamine and ibuprofen along with the Vicodin. It seems to be working. The problem was the Vicodin. They only gave me a 24 hour supply of it and not further instructions as to ordering again. Because they didn't say anything to me, I didn't know that. So I didn't order it the day before I would need it. Now I know. Order it the day before I need it so I will have it the next day. Thanks for caring Charlie. :angel:

Why do posts made from smartphones have to show the device (and app) used to send them? I find it mildly annoying.

Sent from my 13" Apple MacBook Pro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom