Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I worked retail we always had more of the items in the stockroom now they don't want to have all that money sitting in the back. They would rather run out of the item and then order.

When I worked retail we always had more of the items in the stockroom now they don't want to have all that money sitting in the back. They would rather run out of the item and then order.

I agree, we live in a zero inventory world, things are ordered as needed automatically by computer and the backroom is pretty much empty.

Like Clara Pelar said in the Wendy's commercials "I don't think there's anybody back there!"

My local Walmart appears to have plenty of staff. I stopped asking them questions because they never know the answer and that makes me grumpy, why ruin each others day! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The new Walmart 5 miles from my home is smaller than the one 12 miles away. They don't carry as many items that the larger store carries, but I don't see many things out of stock. Several times I have asked a stock clerk in grocery where an item is and instead of telling me what aisle it is in they take me over to the aisle and show me.

Our Target doesn't have a clerk in every department for personal service, either. Only in electronics. I think that's the way retail sales is done these days. You are on your own. Even shoe stores are becoming self-serve these days. Only in Macy's do you have to stand and wait for a clerk to get a pair of shoes for you to try. I would rather go in and pull the box out and try them on myself. No waiting around unless there is a line at the check-out.

I know that certain items in WalMart are cheaply made, but if you buy a name brand product, such as Bounty Towels, they are Bounty Towels, same as in any other store. Same with laundry detergent. If I can get it a little cheaper, why not?

If you want good, old fashioned service go to mom and pop shops. I often get fed up with big box stores due to their lack of knowledge and good customer service. I would rather pay a little more and get that Thank You and a smile when I leave the shop.
Of course, it all depends on what you're looking for.....

I agree that the smile and thank you are nice, but that doesn't pay my utilities. I would rather do my own service and pay less. Everyone has different priorities, and no one person is wrong.

Most of the time, I only order online if I can't find the item in a store, or if the online price is drastically lower than the store price. I could get really carried away with spending if I got into the habit of ordering online.

Electronics is one of my pet peeves at my local Walmart. There is usually just one clerk, and everything is locked up and if the clerk gets stuck at the register, you're out of luck.

If I'm out of printer ink, I need it, but I never go to the store without a list of other things I need, all at the other end of the store. Standing around waiting and waiting just makes my back hurt more and more.

Speaking of electronics...

I VERY much dislike ANY #Apple device!
We changed our email address and tried to change that with our AppleID for all three, yes I said 3 different Apple devices.
What a [expletive] nightmare!
I still haven't got it figured out all of the way, but mostly and at the least the dang things will work now were as for the past week they did not.

If I had my way, DH would NOT have any of these three pains in my katooches, oy!

Last edited:
I agree that the smile and thank you are nice, but that doesn't pay my utilities. I would rather do my own service and pay less. Everyone has different priorities, and no one person is wrong.

I agree, I usually do my own research and likely know more about the product than the clerk at the store does. I'll often stand in a store and google a product, look at user reviews and prices to see if it's priced right.

Another reason why I order practically everything on-line these days.......except for groceries, beer, nuts & bolts, and lumber.

I haven't bought a single gift in a store yet this christmas, just so much easier to order online. If I can manage to stay out of the post office, that would be wonderful too!

Speaking of electronics...

I VERY much dislike ANY #Apple device!
We changed our email address and tried to change that with our AppleID for all three, yes I said 3 different Apple devices.
What a [expletive] nightmare!
I still haven't got it figured out all of the way, but mostly and at the least the dang things will work now were as for the past week they did not.

If I had my way, DH would NOT have any of these three pains in my katooches, oy!

Do you have an Apple store near you? Make an appointment at the genius bar and take your three devices to them. They'll fix them for free. Easy peasy.

Do you have an Apple store near you? Make an appointment at the genius bar and take your three devices to them. They'll fix them for free. Easy peasy.

hmmm, went there (after the first year of ownership was up) and they wanted too much money, (and don't get me started about these so called "Geniuses") when if I had great patience and time, I can 'Google' the answer to the problem with the correct wording of the question. Of course this may take me a week to complete... oy! my sanity I DON'T LIKE APPLE!:furious:

The sales floor IS the warehouse. Just a loading dock in the back of the building. As the trucks come in the stockers stock shelves all day long. They're really not there to help customers, they're not trained for that, besides, most of them are not good dealing with people anyway.....you don't want to interrupt them while they're "working"....LOL

hmmm, went there (after the first year of ownership was up) and they wanted too much money, (and don't get me started about these so called "Geniuses") when if I had great patience and time, I can 'Google' the answer to the problem with the correct wording of the question. Of course this may take me a week to complete... oy! my sanity I DON'T LIKE APPLE!:furious:

Apple is great as long as you stay in their ecosystem, but trying to migrate out of it can be tricky, but that is all part of their strategy.

Go figure. I was only happy to get rid off my Samsung phones and get Apple. I had to go to store and use the help. The guy was very patient with me, explain everything in a simple language, helped setting up all the apps I needed. Now it is so much easier and so much more user friendly than Android. To each its own.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I have heard it all now.

The students at Harvard want their mid terms delayed because they were out protesting. They didn't have the time to study.

:wacko: "It was necessary for them to protest unjust civil matters!" according to one student.

Harvard told them to start studying in a hurry. Mid Terms will be taken on scheduled. Good for Harvard.

Oh Mama and Papa are going to be so proud of you kid. Wait until you have to take out the loans in your own name for next year's tuition. :angel:

Addie, Himself and I were just discussing this. The students chose to protest knowing exams were coming up. Choices have consequences. Now that they decided the chose wrong. they want do-overs? Sorry, life doesn't give you do-overs.

Back
Top Bottom