Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I paid my rent on New Years Day, the funds have still not been deducted from my checking account. I called the office and they told me that they switched to a remote scanner check deposit system the first of the year. The young lady informed me that the scanner doesn't like my check. I offered to bring over cash or another check in exchange for the one that they already have and she told me that she will try, big sigh, to process my check again. Then she told me I may have to open a new checking account or pay with money orders going forward. I told her that I've had this checking account since 1989 and no one has ever had a problem cashing my checks so she needs to have a talk with her scanner salesman or make a trip to the bank and deposit it like they have for the last three years! :mad:

I hate progress! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I get so tired of fussing with self-seal plastic bags. It's a great idea when it works; makes me want to tear out my hair when it doesn't. :mad: Sometimes it seals so tightly I have trouble getting it unsealed. Or it looks resealed and isn't.

And the companies thought they were HELPING us by inventing them! LOL

Dear Google Chrome:

Why did you go and change the bookmarks to a tile format? :mad: What used to be so easy and user-friendly has become a major pain. I was simply re-arranging my tiles when *poof* one sub-folder was sucked up into another sub-folder. Which one? It took me ten minutes and one glass of wine to find it and move it to it's original destination. Not a happy camper right now...

LOL Dear Google Chrome!

That's hilarious and so true, CG.

Now I have a letter; you gave me that idea!

Dear (Retail Store) Manager,
Thank you so much for installing the new card readers. I'm sure they are wonderful; however, you forgot that we have old registers with the old interface. These are like running a new Epson laser printer on DOS. I have to reboot the dang thing every time a customer pays with two or more forms of payment; ie, gift cards, cash, and/or debit or credit card.

Rebooting the dang thing takes about two minutes and thirty-nine seconds. That's if the buffer isn't full. If the buffer is full, it has to dump and recycle, which takes an additional one minute and twenty seconds. By now everyone in line is thoroughly ticked off having to wait for all this. Why in the world didn't you replace the registers?

Oh! Too much money, and it isn't in the budget. Tell me a billion-dollar corporation can't replace registers that are so old I'd have better luck with an abacus.

Since our store will be undergoing a remodel and refit beginning in February, let me make the following suggestions.

One, each cash register needs to have a trapdoor and a button. As soon as someone gets nasty, that customer will be dispatched off to the underground.

On the speedy registers, that trapdoor need to open automatically at 30 items. What is so hard about 20 items or less?

The customer service desk needs to be fitten with catapults. The next time a customer tries to return a used pregnancy test, she should be flung into the rafters and left there to think about it. The same should apply to the ones who try to return stuff they bought at another store. And I can't tell you how many grills have been returned after being used repeatedly and the guy "doesn't like it." Learn to use a grill, dingbat!

You wouldn't believe how many large-screen TVs are returned after the Superbowl. Wow, just wow.

And please train your sales associates to put the right prices into the system. I have actually lost weight running around the store with price checks. And for heaven's sake, put the NEW bar code OVER the old bar code. How hard is this?

And stop scheduling me outside of my availability. I am available from 7am to 11pm. That's enough. When I find myself on the schedule outside of my availability and I say something about it, the answer is always "But I need the coverage." No. The scheduling is your problem, not mine. I have a certain availablity and that is that. I'm tired of hearing you whine and complain about coverage.

And one of your poopy-brained assistant managers saw I wasn't parked out in the white spaces, but one row in the farthest yellow spaces. I'm a disabled veteran with a handicap license tag. I never use the handicap spaces for nine hours per day. He yelled at me to park "in the right place." So, I looked at him, looked at my car and hopped in and promptly drove into a handicap space. I put him in his place as well. Why don't you control your assistants?

I can say I do like my job, as I am able to help folks and be interactive. But you're not exactly helping and the front end (cashiers, service desk, CSMs) is a disaster because you're cutting costs by not having enough cashiers on the registers, only one person at the service desk, and only maybe two of us CSMs on duty.

I really wish common sense would rule, but it doesn't. By the way, have you ever wondered why I never answer my phone on days off?

Just saying.

Wooooooo! I feel better. I did address these issues and they said they're working on it, but I haven't seen it. Mercy! It's just crazy.

Thanks for listening, folks. Bleah!

I was at the regular office. Physical. What emergency in a dedicated clinic? Not hospital, not Urgent care. I end up waiting for an hour and a half.
I went to the doctor's for a prescription review last year. The receptionist told me that there would be a slight delay and about five minutes later the paramedics came charging in. The patient before me had had a heart attack in the doctor's surgery!

Emergencies can occur in inconvenient and unusual circumstances!

You wouldn't believe how many large-screen TVs are returned after the Superbowl. Wow, just wow.

I never thought of that. Funny. Walmart has a very very forgiving return policy. Also, you buy a $1200 LED TV at Walmart and they hand you a very non nondescript looking cash register receipt, one that looks the same as if you bought a 99 cent candy bar!

Last edited:
I never thought of that. Funny. Walmart has a very very forgiving return policy. Also, you buy a $1200 LED TV at Walmart and they hand you a very non nondescript looking cash register receipt, one that looks the same as if you bought a 99 cent candy bar!

I returned a tv once, the kid at best buy dropped it when putting it in my truck, then I dropped it taking it out, I got it in the house and it was broken, I brought it back the next day, they asked "what is wrong with it" I said "It don't work" they said "ok heres a new one"...... As easy as that was, I wouldn't want to buy a tv to return it after a single football game, lol... makes no sense...

When the kid dropped it putting it into my truck I would have returned it right then and there.

I should have but after waiting so long for that one I just didn't have it in me, I probably broke it when I dropped it, but it all blew up in my face anyway...
I have bad luck with TV's, I was wiring an above center speaker in once and my brother handed me a glass of whiskey, I took a sip and went to hand it back and spilt it in the TV I was balancing over. Another time I went to toss a blanket into a basket we have near our fireplace, it opened up and caught the corner of the tv making it turn sideways on its mount, so that wasn't so bad until I walked over and went to pull the blanket off, the tv spun all the way around and fell from the mount, broke the tv and pushed the fireplace glass out of the gasket... What a mess that was, it was the original reason I was buying a new tv...

Oh wow! Yesterday a lady returned cat litter (USED) because it didn't clump like she thought it would, so she had to show us. Ick!!

We just got a new 50 inch TV and I'm a nervous wreck worrying that my 6 year old grandson will either throw something or bump into it and knock it over. All the years raising our kids we never had a TV incident. (Knock on wood!)

We just got a new 50 inch TV and I'm a nervous wreck worrying that my 6 year old grandson will either throw something or bump into it and knock it over. All the years raising our kids we never had a TV incident. (Knock on wood!)

If you have the tv on a table type stand and not hung on the wall, I would DEFINITELY buy a TV strap from either Quake hold or mono price amazon should have plenty to choose from and they are under from $9-20 so not much of an investment to protect your expensive TV and more importantly your grand children's safety... I have one on my the tv in my bedroom, it is ontop of a dresser and close to the edge, $15 and 5 minutes to install it was well worth the piece of mind...

DH was irritated by Beagle's nose prints on the window in the sun room. So what does he get out? Not the Windex. Not the vinegar/rubbing alcohol/water mix. Not the plain water. He brought out the Clorox Bleach spray!!! He sprayed it on the window right over the couch and carpet! I couldn't catch him in time.

I'm not very happy right now. :mad: There is now another area from which he's banned.

DH was irritated by Beagle's nose prints on the window in the sun room. So what does he get out? Not the Windex. Not the vinegar/rubbing alcohol/water mix. Not the plain water. He brought out the Clorox Bleach spray!!! He sprayed it on the window right over the couch and carpet! I couldn't catch him in time.

I'm not very happy right now. :mad: There is now another area from which he's banned.

That may have been his diabolical plan all along! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

That may have been his diabolical plan all along! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Heh. You may be right, AB! He's already banned from the pots and pans drawer under the stove, the dishwasher, and the freezers, both in the fridge and the deep freezer.

And I just realized if DH comes up, um, missing, it might be an issue. Though I doubt any jury would convict me.

Heh. You may be right, AB! He's already banned from the pots and pans drawer under the stove, the dishwasher, and the freezers, both in the fridge and the deep freezer.

And I just realized if DH comes up, um, missing, it might be an issue. Though I doubt any jury would convict me.

Are you going to need a character witness?:angel:

Oh NO!! I hope it didn't bleach out the color from your couch and carpet! Bad DH! :ermm: :LOL:

Thankfully for DH the ground is frozen right now...

The man has 2 degrees, one of which is in chemistry fer Pete's sake!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom