Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself has resorted to refilling them himself (not too sloppy, or else he's very neat) and also ordering the replacements by mail. You send them empty ones in a self-mailer, they send full ones back. The company he has used is Printpal :: Discount Printer Ink Cartridges, Toners & DVD SuperStore. If you do "/coupons" at the end of the address you might be able to get an additional 10% off.
IIRC you can't refill HP cartridges as they have a chip in them.

When I was the "stationery monitor" at the utility company I had to order proper HP cartridges for the managers who had HP printers but Canon, Epson and Lexmark printers would accept "look-alike" ones. It annoyed the hell out of me because it fouled up my financial stats.

My internet was out for 4 days. FOUR. DAYS. :mad: They finally fixed whatever the problem was and I got back online this afternoon. I called several times and got the run around....it was to better serve me, they said. It'll be fixed by this evening, they kept saying....sheesh.

Oh well...it's back and I sure missed without it. :)

My internet was out for 4 days. FOUR. DAYS. :mad:
Wondered where you had been! Make sure you call them back and ask for a credit. We were having intermittent issues with ours, we had to keep rebooting our router because they kept changing the code on their modem. We ended up getting $10 credit on our next bill - 1/3 the total of our $30 bill. Call, complain, and good luck!

I used to work from home. I had and still do have a 3 in 1 color printer. What I loved about it was I could fax my work right from my screen. No printing it out first and then feeding it into the fax. Saved a bundle on cartridges. On the rare occasion I did have to print out copies, the company paid for all my supplies. A dream job if ever there was one. :angel:

:mad: I had an appointment this morning with my vascular doctor. With all this snow and ice, I do not leave the comfort of my home. I cancelled the appointment. When I called Winthrop to cancel the transportation, the nurse had a fit and yelled at me! "You can't just cancel appointments and not tell us. Only we can cancel appointments." You are never allowed to yell at any patient that is under the care of the Elder Care Service. Reason to be fired.

"Well I am telling you now and yes I can cancel anytime I want. I am in charge of my own life."

She ticked me off big time. She didn't cancel transportation and they were at my door at seven this morning. So I called the Head Nurse. I am afraid Little Nurse Maria is in big trouble. It seems Sharon has had more than one talk with her to listen to me. I am not one of their Alzheimer patients. I am not only feisty and non compliant, but I know what I will do or won't. And I will not leave the comfort of my home in exchange for a broken hip. Sharon agrees with me. I do know how to make sensible decisions. :angel:

Last edited:
What is this "authentication required" thing that pops up. I haven't been here in a while and even tho I'm logged in it keeps popping up. How do I get rid of it? If I complete it it still comesback.
Thanks.

Kudos to you CG. :flowers::clap::clap: Sending her in the right direction and even giving the lead for where to go. Nice doing. Your good deed for the day! :angel:

Kids. grrrr.... love them. Something going on with my son, 19, of course he is not talking. Called his teacher, he knows something but cannot talk till later on in the day. Now I'm sitting here all nervous.

Kids. grrrr.... love them. Something going on with my son, 19, of course he is not talking. Called his teacher, he knows something but cannot talk till later on in the day. Now I'm sitting here all nervous.

19 or 39, it never ends. Of course he is not talking. You're his father. Whatever it is, he is more concerned with pleasing you and not disappointing you.

Charlie, you have a wonderful surprise in store for you. But you will have to wait. It takes time. When a child turns 25 or there about, that child becomes magically your friend more than your child. You should hear the conversations I have with all my kids now. I can now talk about "anything." And I mean ANYTHING! No subjects are off limits. It is nice having four new friends that grew up with you. I was 17 when I had my first child. So in a sense we all grew up together. I watched them go through the same pains I did as a child. And because of that I knew what they were experiencing. So be patient. Someday he will shock you and come to you first. :angel:

REALLY? This winter has been, to say the least, challenging. Not the snow--we haven't had a lot, but the frigging COLD. My drains to the bathtub and shower have frozen. Hauling wood in with the "crud" cold/flu has been difficult at best. Last night I got home from the commercial kitchen to discover the sump pump hose was frozen and the basement was flooded. REALLY?!!!? I was exhausted because of this "crud" I haven't been able to shake--all I wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and veg. Then I got a call from my dad--my older brother's house burned down. He lost everything, including his dog. Okay, a flooded basement and frozen sump pump hose are not that bad. Losing everything you own, and your canine companion, when you are 59 is hard. My brother was building his house on a "pay as you go" policy. He didn't have insurance because the interior wasn't finished yet. That was this summer's plan. He does own the land free-and-clear, the well is still there, the driveway, and the septic. But losing his dog was what has him the hardest. And, as he said, he has his family, his health, and a job. I guess I can't complain. My house is still standing. And, the sump pump isn't frozen any more. I just have to finish cleaning the basement.

Last edited:
CWS, I am so sorry for your brother's loss. :(

I hope you feel better soon - also sorry to hear of what you're dealing with right now while being sick. This crud has sure made the rounds. Take care.

REALLY? This winter has been, to say the least, challenging. Not the snow--we haven't had a lot, but the frigging COLD. My drains to the bathtub and shower have frozen. Hauling wood in with the "crud" cold/flu has been difficult at best. Last night I got home from the commercial kitchen to discover the sump pump hose was frozen and the basement was flooded. REALLY?!!!? I was exhausted because of this "crud" I haven't been able to shake--all I wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and veg. Then I got a call from my dad--my older brother's house burned down. He lost everything, including his dog. Okay, a flooded basement and frozen sump pump hose are not that bad. Losing everything you own, and your canine companion, when you are 59 is hard. My brother was building his house on a "pay as you go" policy. He didn't have insurance because the interior wasn't finished yet. That was this summer's plan. He does own the land free-and-clear, the well is still there, the driveway, and the septic. But losing his dog was what has him the hardest. And, as he said, he has his family, his health, and a job. I guess I can't complain. My house is still standing. And, the sump pump isn't frozen any more. I just have to finish cleaning the basement.
Sorry to hear all this, CWS. I hope things improve soon.

CW, that is so sad about your brother's fire. And losing a pet companion is far harder on the heart than mere possessions. Hope he can get back on his feet quickly.

You are one busy lady - that crud likes someone who is too worn down to fight back. Hope you feel better soon.

I have an old-style Prestige pressure cooker which I tend to use for cooking a ham hock, pulses and soups, etc. The rubber sealing gasket needed replacing so I took myself off to the shop.

Bought a prestige own brand rubber gasket with the same reference number as I've bought before. It doesn't fit - too small so lets out steam all round the edge of the lid and I end up with condensation dripping from the kitchen ceiling.

Went back to the shop and got a replacement. Guess what, it doesn't fit.

Prestige were bought out some years ago by the company that owns the Meyer brand of saucepans, etc. They won't answer letters and phone calls are answered by a girl who puts on an air of half-wittedness as soon as she realises you have a problem.

I don't use my pressure cooker a lot but I still like it for some things as it's quick.

CWS, I'm sorry to hear of the fire at your brother's place.

Charlie, I hope that whatever is going on with your son is minor, and can be worked out.

Addie, my 40 something step children tell us things I tell them not to tell us! We are done dealing with their drama. It's time for them to start dealing with OUR drama! LOL

You know how they keep saying to "check on the elderly" with all this cold weather going on? Well, everyone has been calling DH to see if he's OK and he's getting so mad that they consider him "elderly." LOL

CWS, I'm sorry to hear of the fire at your brother's place.

Charlie, I hope that whatever is going on with your son is minor, and can be worked out.

Addie, my 40 something step children tell us things I tell them not to tell us! We are done dealing with their drama. It's time for them to start dealing with OUR drama! LOL

You know how they keep saying to "check on the elderly" with all this cold weather going on? Well, everyone has been calling DH to see if he's OK and he's getting so mad that they consider him "elderly." LOL

I hear ya. Our front door down in the lobby has never been so busy. Where are all these caring kids the rest of the year. Between The Pirate and Spike I have one of them checking on me everyday. But the way I have been failing lately, I am glad that they do. I got so sick last night when Spike was here. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom