Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My peeve at Costco is when the idiots get their samples, instead of moving on, stand there and block everyone else

Stomp on one of their feet. You will see them hopping on one foot towards the back of the line. And they can't yell. They will have a mouthful of food. :angel:

Or, Souschef, you could politely say "excuse me, but could you please share that with the rest of us?" "Sample Ladies" like it when another customer calls out a :pig: so they don't have to. :LOL:

My peeve at Costco is when the idiots get their samples, instead of moving on, stand there and block everyone else

That is my pet peeve everywhere I go!

People just seem to stop and "strike a pose".

It is particularly irritating when they do it just inside the entrance to a store, I guess I'm just old and crotchety! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

tumblr_mjsdj1a14P1ri73aso1_500.gif

They also park their carts right smack in the middle of the isles. They're only focused on one thing and are completely unaware of their surroundings.
These same idiots also block the warehouse entrances with their carts as they search for their Costco cards.

I like to pose but I always move to the side or a corner.

Last edited:
They also park their carts right smack in the middle of the isles. They're only focused on one thing and are completely unaware of their surroundings.
These same idiots also block the warehouse entrances with their carts as they search for their Costco cards.

I like to pose but I always move to the side or a corner.

Oh lawd yes! My favorite is when they park the cart on one side of the aisle then stand in the space between the other shelf and the cart, blocking the entire aisle. Working in retail, I see this all the time. Here's a thought, keep the cart on the same side of the aisle that you're on!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

It is my firm belief that ALL supermarket/discount store/warehouse store aisles should be painted black with a double yellow line painted down the middle.

The example of the above that sticks in my mind: A family of about eight people spread themselves and their carts out in front of the entire, huge exit from Costco. There was plenty of space to stand and do whatever without blocking the exit.

I run into friend and family reunions all the time at Walmart. (Not my friends or family). The whole fam damily takes over and blocks the aisle to visit.

Last edited:
I give aisle blockers a big smile and say in a loud voice, "Excuse me, can I get through here?" :D

The older I get, the less time I waste putting up with other people's crap.

I run into friend and family reunions all the time at Walmart. (Not my friends or family). The whole fam damily takes over and blocks the aisle to visit.

I keep running into my niece. The one I dislike very strongly. If I spot her first, I change aisles very quickly.

I really wish I could change my attitude toward her. I think that will be next year's resolution. These past couple of years it has been to not be so dang stubborn and be more cooperative. I think I have that one going good now. So definitely a new one is in order. "Learn to like my niece again. Like I did when she was just a child." I think I will ask her to come over for coffee. That should be a safe start.

I do keep running into some of my sister's old friends. Folks I don't even know. I don't know their names, and I wish they would forget mine. :angel:

Last edited:
DH also uses your technique, Roadfix. One of my SILs, visiting from Joisey, manned the shopping cart on a trip to one of our polite midwest grocery stores. She just ran everyone over, no apologies. I picked up a cereal box and used it to cover my face, I was so embarrassed. Hmm. DH also originated from out east.

Last edited:
Oh lawd yes! My favorite is when they park the cart on one side of the aisle then stand in the space between the other shelf and the cart, blocking the entire aisle... that you're on!
I swear I'm going to get one of those old-time bicycle horns and "beep-beep" when people do that. I'm getting tired of pushing carts that aren't my own.

I use an electric cart when I go grocery shopping. One time a woman was blocking the aisle. I asked her nicely to please move her cart so I could get by. "No!" And off she walked with her cart right where it was when I asked her nicely. So, I backed up and lined up my cart with hers. And then I rammed her cart and sent it flying. Fortunately there were no people ahead. Then I went after it, and turned it down into another aisle. She is probably still looking for her cart. :angel:

It is my firm belief that ALL supermarket/discount store/warehouse store aisles should be painted black with a double yellow line painted down the middle.

Good idea, but I'm not sure it will work. I see the way people drive around here! As my Mom would say, "Some people like their half in the middle".

Hmmm, it must be where you guys live. I just gently say "excuse me" and people move out of the way, often apologizing as they do.

I use both GotGarlic's and Roadfix's methods. The problem is that I live in Quebec and you never know if people speak English or French. Both Anglophones and Francophones will sometimes ignore you if you aren't speaking their language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom