Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooking Goddess, when I was a teen, the minister of our church talked to the youth group about swearing, and said the same thing that your mother said. If you use the substitute word, it's the same as using the actual word. Well, let me tell you, I baby sat for him and when he got angry, he said "Oh Fiddlestix." Now what word was that a substitute for?

I had a look at our garage. It doesn't look like they have done any cleaning or anything else. That really annoys me, that I have to park on the street for no good reason. grrrr

I had a look at our garage. It doesn't look like they have done any cleaning or anything else. That really annoys me, that I have to park on the street for no good reason. grrrr
I was right. They haven't done anything. Today we got another harpering letter from the condo association, telling us that the company will be starting work today, 2015-07-02 for a week to 10 days. It's the exact same letter, but that one said the work would start 2015-06-29.

I am really angry that they didn't inform us of this change, after requesting that we park on the street. My condo fees are higher than the condo fees of people who have a parking spot in one of the lots. I'm going to have to clean bird poop off my car.

I am so P.O.'d at myself right now. I never miss the 4th celebration on TV with the Boston Pops on the Esplanade.

This past month I have been having some serious health problems. The medications that I have been given have been knocking me for a loop. I can be talking to you and in the middle of a conversation, I am sound asleep. With the snoring and all. So I don't travel too far from my bed. I wake up say hello, carry on a conversation, and back to sleep. And the best part is I never remember waking up and talking to Spike or Pirate. Not a single word. I don't even remember if I ate or had anything to drink.

Well I woke up just as the concert was starting. Back to sleep in a nano second. I missed the whole thing. When I came to again, Pirate had something else on and I start yelling at him for changing the station. He tells me to look at the clock. I just missed five hours of life again! I need a change in medications. I do not want to spend the last years of my life sleeping it away.

But I do have to admit, it has been a fun game with Pirate asking me if I remember talking to him or asking him to cook something for me or any other little tidbit. Nope, not a bit of it. Now, I wake up for maybe five minutes and do not remember what I did or said in that short time. I personally think it is part of sleep walking. It is a lot of fun playing with his mind. And I am not even doing it deliberately. :angel:

Aha! I did not miss the Pops concert after all. What I saw on the TV last night was a short piece from last years concert. And the rehearsal for tonight's concert. So I am all set to listen to it tonight. :( Oh please let me stay awake. :angel:

I am so sorry you have to miss the greatest part of our celebration

To all our members who live in California. Our newscasts here are telling us that so many communities are banning fireworks due to the drought. What better way to end the celebrations of our country's freedom. It is almost like they are taking away one of America's rights of celebration. Here's hoping there are controlled fireworks near you that you can even see from your own home. Here, it is a tradition that those Bostonians that don't make it down to the waterfront or in town to see ours, they take to their flat roofs. I know of a lot of folks that even have parties up there where it is cooler on a hot summers eve.

God has been so good to this country. And now he sends not only a devastating drought, but because of it, another freedom of expression, has to be denied. Hopefully, right behind all of this concern for the danger of wildfires, a dang good one hell of a rainfall comes your way. One can only pray. I feel your pain. :angel:

Chip clips. Shouldn't they be 45 cents each instead of 3 for $5.84? 2 cents worth of plastic and 1 cent worth of steel paperclip to make it work. I'm gonna have to hit up Dollar Tree.

Last edited:
Chip clips. Shouldn't they be 45 cents each instead of 3 for $5.84? 2 cents worth of plastic and 1 cent worth of steel paperclip to make it work. I'm gonna have to hit up Dollar Tree.

LOL...mercy! I keep the hangers that pants and shorts come on from the stores, and cut the clip ends of them off and use those along with wooden clothespins and even jumbo paper clips for lighter stuff.

We've had a bunch of rain so the ant battle is on again in the garage. We sprayed the outside of the house and in the entry point in the garage. Bleah! This is twice now! :mad:

LOL...mercy! I keep the hangers that pants and shorts come on from the stores, and cut the clip ends of them off and use those along with wooden clothespins and even jumbo paper clips for lighter stuff.

We've had a bunch of rain so the ant battle is on again in the garage. We sprayed the outside of the house and in the entry point in the garage. Bleah! This is twice now! :mad:

I do the same! Use a pruning shears and whack them off, free chip clips! They're also good for rolling up toothpaste. I also have used wooden clothespins to close bags.

Ants suck. The best repellant I've found is Terro, but that's for inside.

Last edited:
I use clips like these. I get 18 for $1.25. at Dollarama. There are four sizes in a bag. They close bags fairly air tight.

bag_sealing_clips.jpg

I am so annoyed that more and more threads are becoming shouting matches or venting forums.
th_gaahsmiley.gif
If you have small thing to crab about, put it into the Petty Vents thread. If you are crabbing about something major, put it in this-here Venting thread.

I miss the nice, friendly DC that used to discuss the topic in the thread. Even Rodney King wised up and said "Can we all get along?" So, can we???

This message was brought to you by NOT The Management, just one crabby, old broad. :flowers: Thank you.

I use clips like these. I get 18 for $1.25. at Dollarama. There are four sizes in a bag. They close bags fairly air tight.

bag_sealing_clips.jpg

I like those, too. I got a big bag of them the last time I was at IKEA for about the same price.

I like those, too. I got a big bag of them the last time I was at IKEA for about the same price.

I had them also. Then every time my daughter showed up at my home, some thing else like a new spatula would disappear along with a handful of those clips. She finally got the last of them. In exchange I had her bring me home a baggie full of Acco clips from her office. I like the Acco clips better.

I think over the years I have outfitted my kitchen about three times. My kids are always "borrowing" something. And I never see it again unless I go to visit them. But I guess that is why I am a mother. To make their lives easier. Once it goes out the door, I know I will never see it again in my kitchen where it should belong. :angel:

I had them also. Then every time my daughter showed up at my home, some thing else like a new spatula would disappear along with a handful of those clips. She finally got the last of them. In exchange I had her bring me home a baggie full of Acco clips from her office. I like the Acco clips better.

I think over the years I have outfitted my kitchen about three times. My kids are always "borrowing" something. And I never see it again unless I go to visit them. But I guess that is why I am a mother. To make their lives easier. Once it goes out the door, I know I will never see it again in my kitchen where it should belong. :angel:
Acco type clips are handy, but they don't make an air tight seal unless you twist the bag and not even always then. I don't want to try twisting the chip bag.

We always reclaim a bunch of our missing tupperware each time we visit our daughter.

It goes both ways here. :ermm: My daughter and I only live a mile from each other and we're always sharing food. Every couple of weeks or so we trade back our tupperwares. :LOL:

But my wife gets ticked everytime her good Tupperware are taken instead of the cheaper Zip Loc containers which we have plenty of. Sometimes weeks will pass before she realizes one of her favorite Tupperware is missing....LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom