Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so annoyed that more and more threads are becoming shouting matches or venting forums.
th_gaahsmiley.gif
If you have small thing to crab about, put it into the Petty Vents thread. If you are crabbing about something major, put it in this-here Venting thread.

I miss the nice, friendly DC that used to discuss the topic in the thread. Even Rodney King wised up and said "Can we all get along?" So, can we???

This message was brought to you by NOT The Management, just one crabby, old broad. :flowers: Thank you.

I live a very boring life. There's nothing I like more than a good shouting match to liven things up. Of course, I try to stay out of them myself. I guess I'm not here often enough because I seem to have missed what you're referring to. Another good reason to keep in touch with DC.

I am missing one of my favorite serving spoons. Unless someone threw it in the garbage by mistake, the only place it could be is at my son's, where I took several dishes on Easter. I always take serving spoons when I bring a dish. If I ask them, they will say they don't have it, but the next time I'm there I'm going to ask to check their downstairs kitchen, where they cooked and served Easter dinner and keep a lot of their odds and ends. I'm hoping I find it there. It is old, and a little bit smaller than my other serving spoons. It fits well into small jars.

Good luck finding that serving spoon Carol. Yeah, sometimes people don't bother to check carefully for something like that. You are more motivated. ;)

Carol, I know it would be presumptive of you, but can't you check her silver drawers yourself? It would probably border on being rude. But I am just gutsy enough to do just that if the spoon were very important to me. I have a silver spoon that belonged to my great grandmother. It has a Gregorian A engraved on it. I don't let it go anywhere outside this house. My kids know about it, and my daughter wants it at the end. :angel:

What is Gregorian A?

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

It is a very old type of writing from Georgia, Russia. Why it was done in that language, I have no idea. It could be that my great grandmother was from there. But I do know her husband was English. When I first saw it, I didn't recognize it for what it was. I had never seen one. Or any part of that language. I had to ask my mother what it meant. It was supposed to stand for my great grandfather's last name which was Adams. :angel:

It is a very old type of writing from Georgia, Russia. Why it was done in that language, I have no idea. It could be that my great grandmother was from there. But I do know her husband was English. When I first saw it, I didn't recognize it for what it was. I had never seen one. Or any part of that language. I had to ask my mother what it meant. It was supposed to stand for my great grandfather's last name which was Adams. :angel:

It's not from Georgia, which has been its own country since 1991 and is not part of Russia. That font was developed in the Middle Ages in Europe when monks wrote down the Gregorian chants of the Catholic Church.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_chant

Whoever wrote those characters is far better with a pen that me.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Did you learn to use an ink pen with a pen that you had to insert the nib and then dip it into the ink? Shake some of it off so that you didn't have too much?

Pirate sees some folks doing that like in old Western movies. He asked me if I wrote like that. He is under the impression that ball point pens have been around forever. I will have to get some ink and a pen with nibs. Oh and I better not forget the ink blotter. :angel:

What is Gregorian A?

...(the) font was developed in the Middle Ages in Europe when monks wrote down the Gregorian chants of the Catholic Church.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/[B][SIZE="3"]Gregorian_chant[/SIZE][/B]
Here I thought it was a musical term denoting the "A" above the staff, the one I need to squeeze my butt cheeks together* :ohmy: in order to reach.

* Don't laugh, it's the best description I could think of to describe how you force more air from your diaphram. Don't knock it, it works. :LOL:

We just got home from 10 days in Cozumel, and I went out in the rain to check on my little fenced in vegetable garden. My bush beans that were lush and all abloom when we left are chomped back to bare stems! Something ate all the leaves and blossoms off! I suspect the veritable plethora of bunnies we have this year, no way a deer could have entered the enclosure. Grrrrrr!!

Dahlia

So sorry Dawg! i had the same problem with my dahlia. It did not sprout as it usually does in spring, but when I dug it up I discovered that all the shoots had been eaten down!

Had Beagle been on guard, this would not have happened! The baby bunnies are so cute, I don't think I could stew them...

Voracious little twerps. DH is highly suspicious of the finches he saw, he thinks they might have had some part in the decimation of the bean plants.

Last edited:
Oh no, Dawg....what a sad thing to come home to! I'm sure you're a favorite among the bunnies, they're probably all talking about what a nice feast you provide. :ohmy::rolleyes::LOL:

Oh no, Dawg....what a sad thing to come home to! I'm sure you're a favorite among the bunnies, they're probably all talking about what a nice feast you provide. :ohmy::rolleyes::LOL:

I don't understand it, Cheryl. The little vegetable garden is totally fenced in with parts from an old dog kennel. I used to plant my beans out in the open, and the deer and ground squirrels would munch them down, so I'd replant. But I've not seen the total devastation like I did today!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom