Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like Drew. Brooke is brunette. And not so young anymore, but still gorgeous.

Last edited:
after posting that i went on internet and search for blond kids actresses. i found her. already can't remember her name again. butt she was in Hugo and a whole bunch of other movies.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Just got back. $200 for the new hard drive plus they will load a more current OS. The tech thought he'd be able to recover the data from my HD so i don't have to rely on my backup.

Update. I wish this had been the end of it. Got the computer back only to have more problems. New hard drive defective. Also cannot update new OS. First to Apple store then back to repair shop-one hour round trip each time.

Told the shop to replace HD, add memory and update to newest OS. picked up the computer again only to find all contacts, all saved emails and all calendar data missing. Also, MS Office missing. Back we go again. Along with my old hard drives and my external backup drive to try to restore missing data. That was Friday. I may get it back tomorrow. I am really sick of this.

If a new computer wasn't so expensive, I'd just trash this one and buy a new one.

Yes, you right. Can't remember any new/young actors names. Too many to remember.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I had to turn off auto-correct on my phone because every time I tried to say something about my SIL Sean, it changed it to Dean.

Carol, I don't know what kind of phone you have, but my Samsung Galaxy has an icon in the bar right above the keypad. It's a little arrow pointing to the right. When I type a name or word and then press it, it allows me to enter that word in my predictive text. I discovered that a couple of years ago when I was trying to abbreviate my grandson Tyler's name to Ty, and it kept trying to change it to "To".

I'm not real smart phone savvy, but I text a lot. :) Maybe your phone has something similar to instruct it to change Dean back to Sean.

Update. I wish this had been the end of it. Got the computer back only to have more problems. New hard drive defective. Also cannot update new OS. First to Apple store then back to repair shop-one hour round trip each time.

Told the shop to replace HD, add memory and update to newest OS. picked up the computer again only to find all contacts, all saved emails and all calendar data missing. Also, MS Office missing. Back we go again. Along with my old hard drives and my external backup drive to try to restore missing data. That was Friday. I may get it back tomorrow. I am really sick of this.

If a new computer wasn't so expensive, I'd just trash this one and buy a new one.

Good gawd, $200 for a new hard drive? It better be gold plated! Hope you get this sorted soon!

Good gawd, $200 for a new hard drive? It better be gold plated! Hope you get this sorted soon!

My bad, bakechef. The cost was substantially less than that when I went there and got the bill.

I'm using the computer right now and it seems to be fine. Much faster with the new OS and expanded RAM.

I'm sorry the migration of data to your new HD was troublesome, that should not happen.
SSD? I love my 6 month old Samsung 840 EVO solid state harddrive. 12 second boot ups rather than 65 seconds. Earlier SSD's had issues with reliability. Believe it or not tho, while SSD's have their failure rate, statistics show that disk harddrives have a greater failure rate than SSD's. I was surprised at that. I'm so impressed with the small lightweight size of my Samsung 840 EVO 240GB SSD, that I bought another one ($79) and used Samsung's free Migration Software Utility to flawlessly migrate my OS and data to it for backup purposes.

Last edited:
I was so looking forward to watching "Mary Poppins" on ABC. Instead, I got football. :mad:

So "Cops" it is. Why does Saturday night TV have such issues? Absolutely nothing worth watching.

Last edited:
I was so looking forward to watching "Mary Poppins" on ABC. Instead, I got football. :mad:

So "Cops" it is. Why does Saturday night TV have such issues? Absolutely nothing worth watching.

What a classic, I haven't seen Mary Poppins in YEARS! Thanks so much for the heads up, Dawg! It's coming on in an hour and 15 minutes here, and I just DVR'ed it. No one here to control the TV here but me...YAY! :LOL:

And yes, I agree....Saturday night TV is usually pretty dismal.

Glad you get to see it, Cheryl! I know and can sing every song from MP, though you probably don't want to hear me...

Heh. Was making DH lunch, turned on TV, it was on ABC, and guess what's on!

Crazy Drivers

Himself and I went for a test drive today. Not that we're buying a new car, but he wanted to make sure he could drive for long periods of time and not have his back hurt. That part of today was a success, and our planned trip to OH for Christmas with the Kids is a go. :w00t2:

No, what I'm complaining about is inattentive, impatient, reckless drivers. Please do NOT make that right turn in front of me from the lane to the left of me! :ohmy: Came real close to losing the front-left fender on that one. Also, put the danged phone down! You should not be looking at the phone screen, but you should be watching the backside of our car that you are gaining on. If you were paying attention, you would not have had to stand on your brake in lieu of hitting our rear bumper. And let's not talk about that year or two you took from my life span, either. :glare:

Most times when we drive through the busier parts of this state, a good deal of my time is spent watching my life pass before my eyes. Sadly, what I see most from the last 15 years is watching myself watch my life pass before my eyes. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom