Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why have I never heard of or thought of using plastic dish pans for stuff under the sink? Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll get some as soon as I'm well.

Unfortunately, in this family, we have all brought home more than our share of those wash basins. The only problem is that is they are always pink. I do not have one pink item in my home. Well, at least they are out of sight under the sink. :angel:

Mother Nature took the ball and went home...

I wait all winter, and put up with spring training, until Baseball Season gets here. WHY northern teams don't start south of the Mason-Dixon Line or in domed ballparks to start the season is beyond me. Sadly, no Cleveland Indians game today. Hope we get to play the Red Sox each of the next three days so we don't have to figure out shared days off during the season. Doesn't look promising.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

I wait all winter, and put up with spring training, until Baseball Season gets here. WHY northern teams don't start south of the Mason-Dixon Line or in domed ballparks to start the season is beyond me. Sadly, no Cleveland Indians game today. Hope we get to play the Red Sox each of the next three days so we don't have to figure out shared days off during the season. Doesn't look promising.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

When you count how many warm weather teams there are and how many domed stadia there are, you'd think its a no-brainer to schedule early season games out of the weather.

Apparently, the schedule has been set up via a computer system the last several years. I guess "Watson" figures if the weather doesn't bother him, it won't bother us.

Oh, bother...

Apparently, the schedule has been set up via a computer system the last several years. I guess "Watson" figures if the weather doesn't bother him, it won't bother us.

Oh, bother...

That just makes it easier to plan ahead and schedule games in warm weather climate and domed stadia.

I'm in tears tonight. I was a Mentor in my writing forum, but they decided to take that away.

They don't think I'm mentally up to the job, and it isn't fair, for I mentored several folks about their work. I was always kind and helpful.

I guess that nurse isn't the only one who thinks I'm retarded. Wow, this hurts.

I'm in tears tonight. I was a Mentor in my writing forum, but they decided to take that away.

They don't think I'm mentally up to the job, and it isn't fair, for I mentored several folks about their work. I was always kind and helpful.

I guess that nurse isn't the only one who thinks I'm retarded. Wow, this hurts.
Dear CCL,
That breaks my heart. My late wife was brain injured, and I can understand the frustration you feel. It is not fair for you to be treated that way.

I'm here for you too {{Joyce}}. The SC is right, don't let them get you down, but it must hurt so much to be treated so badly. If you fell and broke your body most would give you time to heal. How ignorant people can be.

Dear CCL,
That breaks my heart. My late wife was brain injured, and I can understand the frustration you feel. It is not fair for you to be treated that way.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. ((HUGS)) for you, and I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Thank you soooooo much for saying that; I appreciate you so much. I didn't feel it was fair, either. I need challenges, and it's gone now. Thank you for sharing about your wife. I am sorry for your loss, and it must have hurt you to post this. Thank you so much.

I'm here for you too {{Joyce}}. The SC is right, don't let them get you down, but it must hurt so much to be treated so badly. If you fell and broke your body most would give you time to heal. How ignorant people can be.

((HUGS)) back at you, Kayelle. You're right. I'm really hurt. I don't mean to be rude but if I fell and broke my hip or leg, you're right.

Oh Joyce, I am so sorry this has happened. Hugs from Wyoming.

Hugs from NC, my Ogress. It will be okay, I guess.

I PM'ed the admins begging to don't do this to me and please let me handle challenges. I don't know where to go now with my writing.

I'll never be taken seriously ever again.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. ((HUGS)) for you, and I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Thank you soooooo much for saying that; I appreciate you so much. I didn't feel it was fair, either. I need challenges, and it's gone now. Thank you for sharing about your wife. I am sorry for your loss, and it must have hurt you to post this. Thank you so much.
Dear CCL, thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I lost my wife in 2005, and now have a new life with Kayelle.
You do not get over a loss, but you get past it. My wife was afflicted with the same thing that killed her father, but recovered enough to live another 12 years. She died from cancer, which was not a result of her brain injury.
When my wife was in ICU, the nurses would look at me and sadly shake their heads. A few months later, my wife went back to the ICU and gave the nurses "the finger":yum:

Dear CCL, thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I lost my wife in 2005, and now have a new life with Kayelle.
You do not get over a loss, but you get past it. My wife was afflicted with the same thing that killed her father, but recovered enough to live another 12 years. She died from cancer, which was not a result of her brain injury.
When my wife was in ICU, the nurses would look at me and sadly shake their heads. A few months later, my wife went back to the ICU and gave the nurses "the finger":yum:

SC, we just had a death in the family two days ago. I was very close to her mother and I know what it is like to lose a child. Thank you for those words. I have been struggling to find the words to say to her. And your words are perfect. She will be hearing them from me tomorrow. Thank you very much. :angel:

They don't think I'm mentally up to the job...
I'm sorry to see this, CCL, but I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Maybe they took you off the mentoring job because they thought it would hamper your recovery. Perhaps they did it because they think that giving you that extra time will help you recover faster. Whether or not that's their intention, I hope you get back to doing what you enjoy soon.

SC, we just had a death in the family two days ago. I was very close to her mother and I know what it is like to lose a child. Thank you for those words. I have been struggling to find the words to say to her. And your words are perfect. She will be hearing them from me tomorrow. Thank you very much. :angel:

Oh no. I am so sorry.God bless them.

I'm sorry to see this, CCL, but I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Maybe they took you off the mentoring job because they thought it would hamper your recovery. Perhaps they did it because they think that giving you that extra time will help you recover faster. Whether or not that's their intention, I hope you get back to doing what you enjoy soon.

Thank you. I hope.

You are welcome. At some point in the future, I remember the words of a mother who lost her child: "Just because you have moved forward, it does not mean you have left the ones you lost behind."
I still light a memorial candle for my mother, father, and wife, but I have moved forward to a new life.

Back
Top Bottom