Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chief Longwind Of The North, *hugs' It aint fun being in the middle of every ones else argument.
My mum get angry at me for not talking to one of my siblings, but when I do she gets angry and mum tells me it my fault... yeah.

That sister wont eat my food, nor will my mum if my sister is there, well my dad has started to pass it off as his food, so they will eat it.

That sister will also start fight with a 4 year old and blame me. Yeah I cant do anything right. So I am now living on the other side of the country.... Sweden is narrow, I live in the south 2 hours from Denmark and they live in the North.

You can console yourself with the fact that they get the worst of winter weather.

Usually, everyone on DC is so uplifting, and hold their troubles to themselves. I am not happy that any of you has any problems. But I am glad that me mentioning my own issues (which are not a severe as many) has opened the ability for others to vent a little as well.

Life is full of challenges, and we have all be blessed with the strength to get through them, albeit with maybe a little prayer, and some place to vent once in a while.

All of the well wishes, and hugs have brightened my own attitude. And I offer the same, and a prayer for all of you. It is my prayer that Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate is wonderful for each of you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm glad you think we cheered you up, Chief, but 'fess up and tell the truth. It's because your birthday brother, Buckytom, coming on back to DC that has you smiling today. ;)

Hope things are going better with your wife. It must be tough for her right now with the holidays coming and she can't help. Let the rest of the family fuss with each other - you two lovebirds make this Christmas all your own.

...my packaged salads have been tasting like dirt lately, even tho I twice filled up my newly bought salad spinner, swished the lettuce around, and drained and spun it. Then repeated. The spinner worked great, I spun it good. The salad still had a strong dirt taste. I may have to rinse and spin 3 or 4 times ???

For those buying packaged salads, I think they may have halted one or more rinsing procedures.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever bought a prepackaged salad. For one thing, I never see radishes in them. So I just bypass them. With all the effort and time you have put into removing the taste of dirt, you could have made your own with individual items that you really care for.

This might get long winded but here we go.

So everyone knows that a time share is the worst investment a person can make. Well we have one. In Pigeon Forge. Didn't buy it we inherited it from my wife's dad when he passed a few years ago. $500 a year in maintenance fees. Fine. We don't use it every year but pretty close. When we do stay we stay a full week. You wont find a hotel for less than a $100 a night. Especially in Pigeon Forge. So I figure were even money. Probably money ahead because we don't have to eat out like in a hotel.

So then some punks came in under their parents name and trashed a cabin. Just trashed it. Broke furniture left trash all over. Broke into the game room tried stealing the arcade games. Just scum bags all around. Soooo now we get an extra cleaning fee of $120 tacked on every time you stay. 1 night $120. Stay a month that's $120. Bunch a crapola because they don't even clean. You have to tear the bedding off before you leave. Run the dishwasher. Put towels in the washer. All they do is vacuum put dishes away and make the beds. Maybe wipe down the shower. They don't even dust.

Last year about this time we get a bill for an extra $1000. Other owners are not paying maintenance fees, went over budget. Bla bla bla. Well my wife is livid. Im mad too but I don't understand all this. So Jen calls the owner him self. Her dad was one of the very first owners when he opened the place. She has known him since she was a little girl. Well just like the letter said. So many people blew off their maintenance fees and they had a new book keeper that didn't do a very good job so it was a mess. My theory is not all of them blew it off so much as maybe they passed away or put in a home and the kids said screw it. Not paying. But whatever its done.

They have meetings and conference calls with other owners. Hundreds of emails. Its hard to have a meeting with a 100 people scattered all over the country. I guess they got something figured out. This year we only have to pay an extra $250.

Now with all these fires going on I don't know whats going to happen. We are headed there again this summer. Wife's family is all in Kentucky so that's the one time a year we all get together and hang out.

Last edited:
Feel for you Jon! How very frustrating for you.

Perhaps they should put together a type of forum like this one where everyone can talk together. Seems to work here. Not as big nor complicated as the inner workings here. I belong to another forum very very much like this one, but it is a fledgling and just starting to grow. Doesn't have to ever get this big.

Or there must be some sort of program wwhere individuals can input. Just a thought..

Right now Pigeon Forge is facing the possibilities of a major forest fire. And Dollywood is right in the middle. It has been built at the bottom and up the mountain side. This town is a major tourist attraction. Here's hoping it is bypassed by the fires.

I am sorry to hear that. On the other hand i am glad hearing that because by some miracle I did not invest in one such deal. Was very close to it. My son stopped me. And not even because he knew anything about, it was just a hunch.

I hope it gets better Jon. If not sell the darn thing if you can.

Yikes, Jon....I'm so sorry to hear that. People can be so destructive, I'll never understand the pleasure they get out of that. :(

I am sorry to hear that. On the other hand i am glad hearing that because by some miracle I did not invest in one such deal. Was very close to it. My son stopped me. And not even because he knew anything about, it was just a hunch.

I hope it gets better Jon. If not sell the darn thing if you can.

Ditto here. If the land is not providing an income for you, then sell it. At today's prices folks are paying, you should come out on the long end.

Ditto here. If the land is not providing an income for you, then sell it. At today's prices folks are paying, you should come out on the long end.

The land? Time share properties don't usually come with land. The ones I've seen are typically townhouse or apartment type places. And they are generally very difficult to sell at a profit.

Sorry for your difficulties, Jon.

Last edited:
Sell at a profit, GG? :ROFLMAO: I feel sorry for anyone who bought into a new place. They have only the hope of not losing too much. Dad sold us his for $1. I think we overpaid. ;)

So everyone knows that a time share is the worst investment a person can make. Well we have one. In Pigeon Forge....Now with all these fires going on I don't know whats going to happen. We are headed there again this summer. Wife's family is all in Kentucky so that's the one time a year we all get together and hang out.
I hope this all works out for you. Time shares are a real pain, but we haven't had financial snafus like you're going through. It sounds, however, like you want to keep it pretty much for the sake of the family. Hope it makes it through the fires OK so you can all gather next year and be thankful for that blessing.

We have one in FL that my FIL gave us near the end of his life. More than once I've wanted to walk away from it (since, if you know anything about timeshares, they are impossible to sell off...), but Himself loves FL. Since he gave up the chance of retirement in FL to marry me, I think I can give him one week down there in exchange. :heart:

BTW, cute boys, Jon. Good to see them learning how to operate those Deere at an early age. ;)

Chief Longwind Of The North, *hugs' It aint fun being in the middle of every ones else argument.
My mum get angry at me for not talking to one of my siblings, but when I do she gets angry and mum tells me it my fault... yeah.

That sister wont eat my food, nor will my mum if my sister is there, well my dad has started to pass it off as his food, so they will eat it.

That sister will also start fight with a 4 year old and blame me. Yeah I cant do anything right. So I am now living on the other side of the country.... Sweden is narrow, I live in the south 2 hours from Denmark and they live in the North.
CakePoet, hopefully, at some point, your siblings will wake up and realize that in the big picture, there are a whole lot of things that don't matter. My Dad is very set in his ways. We got in a stupid argument today (over where a chair was placed--I had moved it to make it easier to wheel my Mom around). At one point, I told him, "just because it has always been there, doesn't mean it has to be there. Things change and there's nothing you can do to stop life from changing. It doesn't matter where the d@#med chair is." He then informed me that he has given up his life to care for my Mom. You can imagine where that went. My parting line was "at the end of the day, where the chair is, isn't going to make a d@#med bit of difference. Mom will still be bedridden/wheelchair bound, and my brother will still be dead." Later he apologized and admitted that it really doesn't matter where the chair is. Sometimes, when people can't control other aspects of their lives, they try to grab control of the minutiae. The little things really don't matter. There are a whole lot of things that no longer matter in my life. I only have so much energy and so much of me that can go around. Pick your battles and pick the hill you want to die on.

Doesnt work that way, this sister is my mum's favorite and she has un diagnosed form of autism, there is no question about it but my mum dont want to see it, even if she used to work with people with autism.

I have dad and my second sister, we get along and they all get along with my children which is most important. So long as my kids likes their aunts, it all fine. She will never apologize or believe me and I can live with that.

My dad knows about my life, 100% and he knows there is things we cant tell mum, as he says her round head wouldnt fit in that square hole.

Nice metaphor Addie.

Jon, guess you might have to sit and list your pros and cons. It is the chance to visit your wife's family with the cost of the Time Share as against bunking in with them or paying for hotel/motels. I've never been there but sounds like there is lots to do in the area as well as visit family.

Well were going to keep it but its frustrating. We have a ton of points built up. Every year you get so many points. the days you stay are based on a point system. Say you stay of 4th of July its cost 400 points. Some random Wednesday in winter might only be 50. I told the wife one of these days 20 years from now we are going to go down there and stay for a month. Just because.

There is no land just a group of cabins in the hills you get to choose from.

No way im bunking with her family. I drag the camper down there and park in the mother in-laws driveway.

I have to say in the back of my mind I was kinda hoping the place would burn down.

...my packaged salads have been tasting like dirt lately, even tho I twice filled up my newly bought salad spinner, swished the lettuce around, and drained and spun it. Then repeated. The spinner worked great, I spun it good. The salad still had a strong dirt taste. I may have to rinse and spin 3 or 4 times ???

For those buying packaged salads, I think they may have halted one or more rinsing procedures.

I find that the blends that contain carrots sometimes have a musty burlap bag taste. I also have found that sometimes cheapest is best, I have had good results with Aldi's "Little Salad Bar" 12 ounce bag for 99 cents.

Today was the only day I could use the car because my Dad's social schedule, except for Sunday, is booked for the next 10 days. I told him on Monday that I had two appointments with people at the local bank to deal with my brother's estate stuff that is here.

Since I was in town, I also tried to pick up my cell phone (it is not ready), and did pick up dry cleaning, looked for a 6 ft. long scarf for him (didn't find one), went and got barley malt syrup for some bread recipes, got my hair cut, and went to Walmart and got things on his list. Oh, I called him around 3, and told him to take out pork chops. He has a cold--couldn't do that. I suggested chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese--thought he could do that.

On the way home, I almost hit two deer, the roads were really icy, pulled over at a store where one of the caregivers' worked, used the bathroom (almost peed my pants when I went between the two deer and not in the ditch), asked her to call my Dad after I used the facilities to tell him I had those two value BK meals. I also had over $1k to reimburse him for expenses he's paid out for my brother's estate. I got told I had been crabby all day (I left at 10:15--I wasn't even home, how could I be crabby???) and that he thought my priority was my Mom. It is, but I also have a legal obligation to take care of my brother's estate. I don't inherit a dime, it all goes to my parents. I am just doing the heavy lifting. I have deadlines I have to meet. I couldn't believe it. I'm gone 6 hours, and my Mom isn't my priority? She is, definitely, but I also have a legal obligation to deal with my brother's estate. GRRRRRR....I know my parents miss my brother beyond belief and this is the time of year he was here, but really, I'm gone six hours and my Mom isn't my priority???? And those BK meals? Not healthy. My response was that they were a treat--he eats processed stuff, etc. when I don't cook. What was that about?

I want to click my heels together and trade places with someone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom