Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a complaint by a Reddit user of the app that the Marco Polo video app had spammed all of his contacts. But, Munky said it wasn't from one of her contacts.

I saw a complaint by a Reddit user of the app that the Marco Polo video app had spammed all of his contacts. But, Munky said it wasn't from one of her contacts.
Installing an app like this requires giving it access to your contacts. That's how you could have a walkie-talkie conversation with them.

I don't install ANY apps on my iPhone unless they come from the Apple appStore. Apple does very serious testing and screening. Does Samsung have a similar service?

CD

I don't install ANY apps on my iPhone unless they come from the Apple appStore. Apple does very serious testing and screening. Does Samsung have a similar service?

CD
All apps for Android phones are installed from the Google Store. The link Munky gave went to the download page for it in Google Store, which automatically opens in the app if it's installed.

Last edited:
All apps for Android phones are installed from the Google Store. The link Munky gave went to the download page for it in Google Store, which automatically opens in the app if it's installed.

Does Google test and screen apps in Google Store?

CD

what is it?
I don't dare click on it.

same rules as you would apply to your computer goes especially for your phone. Who cares what it is - you did not ask for it - so dump it.

CD

To answer your question, a short yes or no answer is.... no

To answer your question, a short yes or no answer is.... no

The apps available through the Google Store are vetted. It used to be practically automatic that app developers submitted an app and it was published. Now, there's a stricter process. From 2015:

"According to*Purnima Kochikar, Director of Business Development for Google Play, Google has been working to implement the new app review system for over half a year. The idea, she says, was to figure out a way to catch*policy*offenders earlier in the process, without adding friction and delays to the app publishing process. To that end, Google has been successful, it seems – the new system actually went live a couple of months ago, and there have been no complaints.*Today, Android apps are approved in hours, not days, despite the addition of human reviewers.

“We started reviewing all apps and games before they’re published – it’s rolled out 100%,” says Kochikcar. “And developers haven’t noticed the change.”

https://techcrunch.com/2015/03/17/a...ewed-by-staff-will-include-age-based-ratings/

Not sure if this is the right place, but I don’t know where to put this. It’s not really a vent either. My father past away after battling pancreatic cancer. The suffering is over.

Charlie, most sincere condolences. I'm glad the suffering is over. You will think of him often as I do my brother who suffered the same cancer. {{Hugs}}

Not sure if this is the right place, but I don’t know where to put this. It’s not really a vent either. My father past away after battling pancreatic cancer. The suffering is over.

So sorry, Charlie. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

To many of us, the solace is in the end of a loved ones suffering..

Sorry that you have lost your father..

Ross

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our family on my father's side lost my uncle and my dad (4 years ago) to pancreatic cancer. Also our grandmother to breast cancer which spread, and an aunt is currently fighting breast cancer that has spread.

We are now (that generation and my generation and eventually my children's generation) will be getting genetic testing for mutations which may cause these cancers. The geneticist says it is possible all of these cancers are the result of the same mutation, possible, and there are other mutations that can be at work here too.

I bring this up to you, because catching it early and being aware can possibly help your family as it is helping ours.

Through color.com tests (other companies too) can be run to test for these mutations. Once a first degree relative has a mutation, insurance companies do at times pay for the genetic testing on the relatives. When my father died, a vial of blood was frozen, and now can be tested. Then our generation will get tested if it is a possibility.

Again, sorry for your loss. Grief can be so difficult. God Bless you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom