Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can no longer take Ibuprofen (or any of it's cousins) for my osetoarthritis. The Doc gave me one of the lower tier narcotics, combined with acetominophen (Tylenol). Which means, when I am really hurting, I can't take my long-acting Tylenol, which gives me relief for 8 hours. I've got to get him to order me the narc without tylenol!!!

I think shoulder pain is the worst...but then, I haven't experienced knee pain, yet!

Copying recipes to edit & I HATE HP.

There was a topic recently about how we all save recipes we find on line. Of course I can't find it now! I was and still am having a problem with being able to copy and paste some recipes to a document page so I can adjust the font and font size into something I can read. Someone told me how to do it, but of course, I didn't write it down and can't find the post. Can someone help?

Many receipes copy and paste to a blank document just fine, but lots don't. I just printed out a Bisquick recipe from their newsletter. I'd need a magnifying glass to read it.

About that HP. I printed out LPB's recipe and it came out beautiful, nice and sharp. Now HP said my ink was low and refused to print the Bisquick recipe. I KNOW there's still ink in there. I'm used to using my ink up until it becomes so faint you can't read it. They are stealing my money by making me get more ink when I don't need it yet. I have other issues with them because of all the add ons and popups that come with installing their printers.

Fortunately I had a spare set of new cartridges.

There! I feel better.:ermm:

Last edited:
Sometimes when I copy and paste recipe to a MS Word document, the recipe pastes as a table rather than text. You see lines around the outside of the text. The text is in a "box".

If that's your problem, here's how I fix it:

When I want to copy a recipe from a recipe site, I first click on the PRINT RECIPE button. This allows you to avoid having to deal with the rest of the stuff in the window. On the new window, I highlight the recipe and use the COPY command. Then I go to a blank WORD document and use the PASTE command.

After you paste the recipe into WORD, click on the text anywhere then go to the Menu Bar and click on TABLE then SELECT then TABLE. The whole table will be highlighted.

Click on TABLE again then CONVERT then TABLE TO TEXT. A small window will open. Don't worry about what to select. Just click on OK.

That should do the trick. Now you can treat it any way you want to change font, type size, etc.

Hope that helped.

Thanks, Andy, but what happens is the Works stops working, and gives me a message to that effect. I'll copy your instructions, though because I have run into that before. fortunately this site lets me copy and paste with no problem. Handy for copying recipes I like.

Thanks for your help. :)

I didn't realize it stopped working. I'm not sure why. If you are using WORKS word processing rather than WORD, the commands/steps I listed may not be the same for you.

OMG,OMG, OMGGG...My own kids are driving me crazy alll the time these days,it seems they are screaming and shouting at the top of their voices all the time,plus the fighting,pinching,biting each other,its driving me completely insane,sure they are cute and i love them etc etc,but sometimes this is just too much for me,i long for a moment of peace which is becoming harder and harder to get when they are home from school.i'm almost numb and weirdly lethargic from the yelling and fighting right now!i just wanna run and hide somewhere for like only half an hourrrrrr....that will recharge me for the next round...:cry::

ohhhhh,that was like a splash of cold water onto my burning heart...:(

Sarah, oh I have been there! Fear not, this too shall pass! (Usually at bedtime!) And they will return to being the angels you have always thought they were.

yeah Alix that much is true,i always forget about my frustration and anger once they fall asleep at night,they sure do look like innocent angels,and i almost feel sorry for being mad and strict with them,but then when they wake up the next day...it starts all over again...:(

I found that turning the radio up REALLY LOUD often had the desired effect both of drowning them out, and cluing them in to their irritating behaviour. LOL!

I found that turning the radio up REALLY LOUD often had the desired effect both of drowning them out, and cluing them in to their irritating behaviour. LOL!
i will try that next time,u know i'm ready to try out ANYTHING as long as it has the desired effect on them,and theres something else i need,i think i need a weekend without kids:angel:

If you can put them in different rooms for a while sometimes that helps too. I used to impose "quiet time" on my kids. They didn't need to nap, but I needed one hour of sanity during the day!

but I needed one hour of sanity during the day![/FONT][/QUOTE]

Tell me about itttt....

Sarsh. I had four kids all close in age.Like the commercial says my kids were so sweet Icould have eaten them up and at time I wish I had:LOL: I did learn stop NOW. When things started to get to the point of no return they got separated NOW one went to the couch and sat period, another was sent to her bunk bed no toys, the baby was put in my room in a crib and my second son was set to doing the choirs he kept putting off. At dinner time they had to clean their plates and then the table and now tell dad how their day went. Did they like it? Nope but after going to bed early they learned when asked for quiet and to be kind to each other..Yep and if they wnated to play fair they could sit and litsten to a story.
kades

Sarsh. I had four kids all close in age.Like the commercial says my kids were so sweet Icould have eaten them up and at time I wish I had:LOL: I did learn stop NOW. When things started to get to the point of no return they got separated NOW one went to the couch and sat period, another was sent to her bunk bed no toys, the baby was put in my room in a crib and my second son was set to doing the choirs he kept putting off. At dinner time they had to clean their plates and then the table and now tell dad how their day went. Did they like it? Nope but after going to bed early they learned when asked for quiet and to be kind to each other..Yep and if they wnated to play fair they could sit and litsten to a story.
kades

wow 4 kids sure are hard to handle,as i have 3.They are close in age too,eldest daughter being only 5,2nd number son 3-1/2 and the youngest son is gonna be 2 in dec.You know Kades i actually have tried this trick many times,when they have crossed their limits,and i get frustrated to death,i sometimes seperate them,one is made to sit in the living room,the other is given his coloring book and crayons,and i strictly ask them not to talk to each other unless i allow them to,but what happens next is,they start visiting each other and trying to talk in small sentences and in a low voice o i cant hear,and i keep tellin them to sit in their assigned places and not to move but it doesnt work.They just dont listen to me at all,untill i spank them as my last option,and then i leave them crying in their rooms for a while,but then it hurts me so much that i cry too,in my room,and feel very helpless.My hubby is a cardiac surgeon who does a lot of private cases too and comes home very late,if ever.So i'm pretty much all they have most of the time,they do go out and play and visit their friends and cousins too,but i think they miss their dad a lot..and i guess thats one of the reasons for their being so wild and out of control too...

No kids of my own, but once when my brother was really getting on my nerves, I sent him for a rope and a bandana. He took off and it took him a good 30 minutes to find what I wanted. He handed them to me and sat for about another 20 minutes when his curiosity got the better of him. He asked me what they were for, I told him the next time he started running and screaming I was going to tie him up, gag him and throw him in the closet...he's 39 now and I still don't have any problems with him...LOL!

No kids of my own, but once when my brother was really getting on my nerves, I sent him for a rope and a bandana. He took off and it took him a good 30 minutes to find what I wanted. He handed them to me and sat for about another 20 minutes when his curiosity got the better of him. He asked me what they were for, I told him the next time he started running and screaming I was going to tie him up, gag him and throw him in the closet...he's 39 now and I still don't have any problems with him...LOL!

LOL...

It seems to me that the thing missing here is consistency and that is one of the most important things in raising children. It won't be easy for you to gain control of the situation but the only way to do so is to let your kids know that what you say WILL be what they do. If you don't get a handle on it now, it will only get worse as they grow older. I see so many kids these days that seem to have their parents afraid to correct them. The kids are more resilient than we think and must be shown how to act. That is our job as parents.

Sarah,
I understaand I use to cry at times/ Let me tell you mine were put in sepreate room where they couldnt talk and there were no toys unless it was something to read. If they couldnt read they just sat times depending on ages. If I had to bed time was at 6 after dinner. If they were still after each other at dinner well bed came sooner. Those kids love you but they have your number and like licia says do it now and work something out with daddy if you feel he is waht is wrong in there lives. After all He had a hand in this.Give lots of love but hold you ground
cj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom