Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anyone noticed the good venting thread died a natural death? wonder what that says about us, as people.

Nope, it hasn't died yet. I am just getting around to venting!!!!:LOL:

I went to write out my check for my rent last night(the only bill I pay by check anymore), and guess what, I didn't have any checks!!! Nothing ever runs smooth for me! I had to drive down to the bank today to withdraw the money, money orders are now $5.00. So I just got cash. Now that I am unemployed I think I will probably keep this thread alive all by myself.

Not a big vent, just releasing a little frustration. :cool: I saw on the news that a new company will be opening nearby. I looked it up immediately (as a job possibility for James) and found out they won't be hiring until early 2012. It is still something to keep an eye on, but it has been 6 1/2 years--I hope he doesn't have to wait over another year.

:huh:Barbara

Sorry, Babe. I got excited about having something happy to post I didn't check carefully enough. I'll be more careful, as I know it is important to give credit where credit is due.
{{{{{{BIG SORRY HUG}}}}

Thanks for the heads up, Barbara.
{{{{{{BIG THANK YOU HUG}}}}}}

Not a big vent, just releasing a little frustration. :cool: I saw on the news that a new company will be opening nearby. I looked it up immediately (as a job possibility for James) and found out they won't be hiring until early 2012. It is still something to keep an eye on, but it has been 6 1/2 years--I hope he doesn't have to wait over another year.

:huh:Barbara

(((Hugs))) Barbara. I have a pretty good idea how that feels. My DH hasn't had a steady job since some time in 2003. He had a job for 3 months in 2005 and he had a 3 month contract in 2008. Then the stock market crashed, so they didn't renew it. I'll wish some good luck.

has anyone noticed the good venting thread died a natural death? wonder what that says about us, as people.

That the most aggravating time of the year is upon us. I'd rather see us getting our Vents out here than unloading them on a poor unsuspecting cashier in the store.

But, I'm heading over there now, I had a good, productive day.:)

I'm really ticked off with my boss. She has been neglecting work and responsibility. Now she is in a tizzy and is having a hard time getting anything done because of this. :bash:

BTW, I'm self-employed.

:ROFLMAO:I was working un-supervised today, I got more work done on my own than when everyone else is around bossing me.:LOL:

:ROFLMAO:I was working un-supervised today, I got more work done on my own than when everyone else is around bossing me.:LOL:

I used to do just fine on my own. Well, maybe I worked too much. But, I keep remembering the quote about getting old isn't for sissies. It's time for me to quit being a sissy.

I used to do just fine on my own. Well, maybe I worked too much. But, I keep remembering the quote about getting old isn't for sissies. It's time for me to quit being a sissy.

My supervisor and another co-worker keep trying to get me to do things "Their" way...their way means spending alot of time goofing off or wandering around aimlessly. I can't work that way, well unless I'm supposed to clean house...:LOL:

(((Hugs))) Barbara. I have a pretty good idea how that feels. My DH hasn't had a steady job since some time in 2003. He had a job for 3 months in 2005 and he had a 3 month contract in 2008. Then the stock market crashed, so they didn't renew it. I'll wish some good luck.
Thanks! I hope your husband can find something steady as well.

:)Barbara

my darn kitchen sink is still plugged up. guy came last night, will be back about four or four-thirty this afternoon. finally had to do some dishes in the bathroom sink, from company dinner on sat. night.

what a mess. had to do to clear table. small grocery order this evening and need room for the bags.

i am a little ticked off at handy man. should have known what needed doing when he was here on saturday. men don't realize how vital a kitchen sink is in preparing food. well some men anyway. guys here that cook would know. he acts like it is no big deal. grrrrrrrrrr

my darn kitchen sink is still plugged up. guy came last night, will be back about four or four-thirty this afternoon. finally had to do some dishes in the bathroom sink, from company dinner on sat. night.

what a mess. had to do to clear table. small grocery order this evening and need room for the bags.

i am a little ticked off at handy man. should have known what needed doing when he was here on saturday. men don't realize how vital a kitchen sink is in preparing food. well some men anyway. guys here that cook would know. he acts like it is no big deal. grrrrrrrrrr

Wish I was there, I could have had it fixed in no time! And I would have helped you wash the dishes;)

I'd been having problems with my tub not draining. The built in stopper is not removable, and I know it was clogged with my long hair, so I bought a small cheap plunger and kept using it as I'd take my shower. It worked pretty well, bringing up some hair so I was able to pull some of it out.

You have my sympathy with your kitchen sink. It's so necessary. I hope he isn't going to charge you extra for two visits.

An occasional liquid bleach down the drain should keep it clear from hair build up.

Thanks, RoadFix. I'll try that. Bleach is cheap, and I don't think I should have to buy Liquid Plumb'r because of something that's not my fault. If the built in drain plug was removable, I'd keep it clear myself.

noise noise. the handyman is here working on sink. he has been sawing with a power saw. driving me nuts. but hopefully it will get it fixed.

sink still not fixed. need a longer snake i guess. he will try to borrow one at work. if not, i am just going to buy one. won't be in this position again if i can help it. such a mess. i am going to bed and read. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom