Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DMV's automated voice just annoyed me. " I'm sorry can you repeat your request?" I gave them the answer that they told me to give! What a run around. The local office has no # to call and talk with a real human.

The earliest I could get in by appointment would be Feb 4th. I'm going to take the chance and go as a walk in on Thursday. It's a definite 6 to 8 week turn around time. New laws. That doesn't help me now.

Well fine called my agent. He told me not to sweat it. Send him a faxed copy of my renewed license and he'd make sure that I'm not dropped. But did let me know because it was past the 30 expiration date ( April ) that I lost my good driver status. That's an additional $120.00 a year. Nobody told me anything. It's just as well though. I wasn't able to drive in April anyways. No way could I have been able to get to DMV to renew.

Funny, for the past year, no mice. No pet food (no pets), no mice.

My latest is the frustration of being everyone's confident. I love these friends and relatives, I really do. I know it is flattering that they feel able to tell me their problems. I have wide shoulders (literally and figuratively), but for some reason they come in waves. I know they confide in me because their problems won't go further than my front door (a biggie when you live in a small town). Every once in awhile I can do or say something to help, but mostly I'm just a listening ear. Still, there is a certain emotional weight to being "dear Abby". Once in awhile someone "confides" something to me that they've also confided to 15 of their other closest personal friends. WHen it becomes common gossip; they're mad at ME. Huh? Heck, I don't even know someone interested in this, sure as heck didn't sit there talking about it. Recently it was a sib. I told them that if it was someone in our family, I really do not want to know. I'm tired of being in trouble because I know peoples' secrets. It was the downside of my holidays. Everyone needs someone to talk to, and yes, I appreciate that they think I'm a good person to talk to. But every once in awhile (it seems to come in waves), I feel I should have had a sex change and become a priest. Can I set up a confessional in my back yard?

Claire, start charging psychologist rates and I bet you will have peace and quiet in no time! ;)

Claire, start charging psychologist rates and I bet you will have peace and quiet in no time! ;)

You could hang a sign in your backyard like Lucy in Peanuts, "Psychiatry 5¢" or around your neck. Maybe they would get the idea. Nah. They're so wrapped up in their problems they don't care how you feel.

You could always try, "I don't want to hear about it.":ermm:

4 hours and I'm still waiting to make an appointment to renew my license. My Insurance company just notified me that if I don't renew by the 11th of this month I won't be covered anymore. I revert back to a newbie driver. I will have to pay double to be reinstated.

It takes 6 weeks to receive the new license and they wait until the lat minute to tell me.

I don't think I want one now. I'll walk!

Munky.

Well, you made me look at my license...I have until October of 2015...:rolleyes:

This isn't an angry vent, more of a concerned one. He's ok, but James fell at school last night or this morning. He has been getting up too fast and getting dizzy. I keep telling him he needs to get up more slowly (a few of our medicines will do that to us), but he keeps doing that lately. He didn't make it all the way to standing, but fell on his knees. He said his knees don't hurt but he twisted his back pretty bad (trying to catch himself) and has some bad muscle aches. The nurse at school put a heat patch on it after class today. Maybe NOW he will listen when I tell him not to get up so fast. :(

Last edited:
This isn't an angry vent, more of a concerned one. He's ok, but James fell at school last night or this morning. He has been getting up too fast and getting dizzy. I keep telling him he needs to get up more slowly (a few of our medicines will do that to us), but he keeps doing that lately. He didn't make it all the way to standing, but fell on his knees. He said his knees don't hurt but he twisted his back pretty bad (trying to catch himself) and has some bad muscle aches. The nurse at school put a heat patch on it after class today. Maybe NOW he will listen when I tell him not to get up so fast. :(

Ouch! I hate catching myself and knowing if I had just let myself fall, I might not hurt so much. Luckily for me :)huh:) my knees won't let me stand up fast.

Stop standing up so fast James!:glare:

barbara, please get james to a doctor. this is how my leg problems began. especially if he is taking a cholesterol drug. it is really a good idea. if this is the problem, it will only get worse.

Funny, for the past year, no mice. No pet food (no pets), no mice.

?

A few years ago, my wife and I went away for a couple of weeks in the winter. We left our dog with her parents while we were gone. A day or two after we returned I turned the propane range on to bake something and within a few minutes, the kitchen was full of smoke and there were flames shooting out of our oven. It was coming from under the floor plate of the oven where the burners are. Once I got the plate off and distinguished the flames, we noticed that it was dog kibble. While we were gone, we had dropped the house temp very low and I guess the mice moved in. They stored the kibble, which was in the corner of the summer kitchen, in under the range where the pilot light was.

Last edited:
A few years ago, my wife and I went away for a couple of weeks in the winter. We left our dog with her parents while we were gone. A day or two after we returned I turned the propane range on to bake something and within a few minutes, the kitchen was full of smoke and there were flames shooting out of our oven. It was coming from under the floor plate of the oven where the burners are. Once I got the plate off and distinguished the flames, we noticed that it was dog kibble. While we were gone, we had dropped the house temp very low and I guess the mice moved in. They stored the kibble, which was in the corner of the summer kitchen, in under the range where the pilot light was.

You were feeding them and heating their new home. :LOL:

Ouch! I hate catching myself and knowing if I had just let myself fall, I might not hurt so much. Luckily for me :)huh:) my knees won't let me stand up fast.

Stop standing up so fast James!:glare:

barbara, please get james to a doctor. this is how my leg problems began. especially if he is taking a cholesterol drug. it is really a good idea. if this is the problem, it will only get worse.
Thanks! He actually started to get dizzy before even standing. I get dizzy as well if I sit up or stand up too quickly. It is a side effect of our blood pressure medicines and maybe our cholesterol medicine.

OK, I'm visiting cranky town right now. I heard the dog bark so I went to investigate and there was a UPS truck in front of my house. YAY! My new phone arrived as scheduled! Happy happy! BOO! As I opened the door the freaking truck drove AWAY!!! I ran out (barefoot I might add) waving at the driver but either he didn't see me or he was late for his next stop and kept going. The sticky note says next delivery attempt will be Monday. *#&$&*^*&!!!!! I am working all day Monday!!! I phoned the service line and tried to get them to turn the dude around but to no avail. I just know I'm not going to see that phone for a week or more. I'm CHOKED! My doorbell never even rang, I checked it too to make sure it was working and it was. Jerk. I am NOT happy with UPS. This is not the first time I've had issues with them. Fedex is going to get all my business.

OK, I'm visiting cranky town right now. I heard the dog bark so I went to investigate and there was a UPS truck in front of my house. YAY! My new phone arrived as scheduled! Happy happy! BOO! As I opened the door the freaking truck drove AWAY!!! I ran out (barefoot I might add) waving at the driver but either he didn't see me or he was late for his next stop and kept going. The sticky note says next delivery attempt will be Monday. *#&$&*^*&!!!!! I am working all day Monday!!! I phoned the service line and tried to get them to turn the dude around but to no avail. I just know I'm not going to see that phone for a week or more. I'm CHOKED! My doorbell never even rang, I checked it too to make sure it was working and it was. Jerk. I am NOT happy with UPS. This is not the first time I've had issues with them. Fedex is going to get all my business.

There's a reason they are called UPS (oops) :wacko:

Clearly! I didn't have a choice this time about how they sent the item, but oh boy you can bet people are hearing about this! UPS called me a couple of times and HOPEFULLY my DH will be able to pick up my package at their depot tonight. Otherwise the next time they would be able to "deliver" would be Monday and I'm working a day shift on Monday. ARGH! They were apologetic, and they told me the driver will be reprimanded. Big whoop! That doesn't help me get my package. If he'd rung my doorbell he could have saved himself a lot of aggravation. Meh! I'm calling the company who used them too and let them know how poor the service is. I think it reflects badly on a company that has an incompetent agency handling their customer service.

OK, done venting now. I sure was mad this afternoon! LOL!

I completely agree with you, Alix. I've had to chase down a package too. Kmart had my account open, all they had to do was keep my address the same as it was, but she copied down what I told her and my apartment # did not get on there. I, did not have authorization to get them to change it!

At one point they wanted me to come pick it up. I don't have transportation to do that. I paid for it to be delivered to my apartment, and I finally did get it delivered, but it frazzles you.

I completely agree with you, Alix. I've had to chase down a package too. Kmart had my account open, all they had to do was keep my address the same as it was, but she copied down what I told her and my apartment # did not get on there. I, did not have authorization to get them to change it!

At one point they wanted me to come pick it up. I don't have transportation to do that. I paid for it to be delivered to my apartment, and I finally did get it delivered, but it frazzles you.

Yep. We're in the middle of a blizzard now too, so my DH is driving in this crap. It was clear as a bell when that moron stuck that note to my door.

I amazes me that he had stuck the note on your door, but couldn't be bothered ringing your doorbell.

I hope your hubby stays safe.

Have had this happen several times. Maddening! Shrek and I had ordered several things and after being home all day, I opened the door to take some trash out, there were four packages just sitting on the doorstep...nobody had rung the doorbell. The next time I was expecting a delivery from UPS, I stood outside waiting around the delivery time and caught the guy. I told him the next time he left my packages sitting on the doorstep, he would be reported for negligence...ring the bell...someone is most certainly home!

What with package tracking, I make sure one of us is home when a delivery is due.

here they give on knock on the back door or one ring of bell on the front door. then they just leave the package. watch guy deliver to my next door neighbor yesterday. he threw package on porch. hit the door once with his clipboard and left. but then the postman does the same thing with something to big for box. guess you are supposed to just wander out and find them.

here they give on knock on the back door or one ring of bell on the front door. then they just leave the package. watch guy deliver to my next door neighbor yesterday. he threw package on porch. hit the door once with his clipboard and left. but then the postman does the same thing with something to big for box. guess you are supposed to just wander out and find them.

All we can do is keep reporting them. It's a big business. None of them can afford a bad reputation.

Maybe it's time for a new company. One that will go the extra to make sure I get what I ordered delivered on time.

One of the things about these people is that they get the stuff here earlier than forecast. Maybe they could be more precise about arrival times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom