Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Babe,

Do you have any reliable neighbors that have kids/ grand kids that would like to earn some spending money?

College kids have books and tuition due now! I just spent a bundle..

Your Manager might know someone who could help you.
Leave a note on the bulletin board. Let them know what you need done and preferences.

When I was a kid my Mom would send us over to help a neighbor. If we came home with money we were in big trouble!

Babe,

Do you have any reliable neighbors that have kids/ grand kids that would like to earn some spending money?

College kids have books and tuition due now! I just spent a bundle..

Your Manager might know someone who could help you.
Leave a note on the bulletin board. Let them know what you need done and preferences.

When I was a kid my Mom would send us over to help a neighbor. If we came home with money we were in big trouble!

I was sitting here wishing I could run over and help her out.:(

I was sitting here wishing I could run over and help her out.:(

Me to. I can't mow my own lawns or vacuum, mop the floors anymore. I make my kids earn that home cooked dinner. My younger days, I've sent my boys over to mow the neighbors lawn, take out the cans on trash night. If they weren't feeling good or just had knee surgery. The same rules applied to them as well.

Me to. I can't mow my own lawns or vacuum, mop the floors anymore. I make my kids earn that home cooked dinner. My younger days, I've sent my boys over to mow the neighbors lawn, take out the cans on trash night. If they weren't feeling good or just had knee surgery. The same rules applied to them as well.

I used to take Greyhound to Cheyenne every two weeks to do those things for my Great Grandmother...it was worth it for me just to be with her for the weekend.

And my Uncle Vernon used to take me to a fantastic buffet for breakfast:pig:

Is there a reason for paint not being available by the half gallon? And the price of two quarts is nearly as much as a gallon, so you buy a gallon and have a bunch left over. I know there's a place to take the leftover paint so it won't go to waste, but still... phooey.

Is there a reason for paint not being available by the half gallon? And the price of two quarts is nearly as much as a gallon, so you buy a gallon and have a bunch left over. I know there's a place to take the leftover paint so it won't go to waste, but still... phooey.

I plan painting projects with a friend...over the years our bathrooms have been painted the same color, just different decorations. Same with our kitchens.

I was reading some of the posts about people working for friends and neighbors and sometimes helping out someone in need and it reminded me of a work situation a number of years ago.

There was this guy John, I worked with, he was the most selfish person I have seen in years. Every decision was based on how it could help him financially or work related, never on how he could help his employer or business. He'd have me do his work, and spend his time talking with his manager about how he would do this or that and see if his manager would give him goods or services for his own benefit. It made me sick, you know that sick feeling in your stomach that comes from being uncomfortable and not knowing why you are uncomfortable?

I wondered where do these people come from? People that take advantage of others. I didn't figure it out until John told his manager this story, in my presence.

He said his son wanted some money, he was around 8 years old. So it happened that their neighbor grandfatherly age man died of a heart attack leaving the grandmotherly aged woman alone. He encouraged his child to 'take advantage' of the situation by offering to mow her lawn now for $30 for a postage sized lot because she could not do it.

Essentially, he said: take advantage of this older lady for your own benefit. It taught me that people like this are not born, they are trained. And, the child was only 8!

I'm not against a fair wage for fair work, but, I'm certainly not for taking advantage of the elderly either. It's a different story for someone to help a neighbor in need for $5-8/hour when the homeowner has a $20/hour job and they'd like to farm out some yardwork so they can continue their better paying job. And sometimes, the person in need of help, can't afford the help, so helping a neighbor for free, is right, just because is the right thing to do.

I noticed no one here has said anything this corrupt, or nasty...I'm not sure what word to use. It made me glad to be part of this forum.

Thanks for reminding me, it was the first time I have talked about it since it happened. It taught me a lesson, careless thoughtless selfish people are trained and not born that way. Most of them anyways.

Hoping, the apparent kindness we have for each other, will continue. :)

Thank you, Blissful. I know you feel better getting that off your chest. Greedy people suck!

I think one of the reasons this is such a helpful and successful site is that we think in terms of we, and us. If I find a recipe trick that works, I want to share it with people who share their great ideas with me.

Grrr. No good deed goes unpunished.

Sometimes, something happens that makes you wonder about this "Karma" thing and if it isn't a bunch of hooey, balderdash, or just plain ol' BS.
I just got in from snowblowing my parking lot, and while I was doing so, a guy I know from down the street drove by in his truck with a plough blade on it. He offered to push my snowbanks back and I told him to go ahead. While he was doing that, I decided to go next door and clean my neighbors entrance out whith my blower. I looked up to see him backing into my shed. AAAAAAAHHHHH! It is one of those red barn tin sheds, which I just put up last summer. Anyway it has a good sized dent in the corner of it now, which just happens to be the corner which faces the street so now I have a new dented shed to have to look at for the next 10 years.

So, tell me this, Karma lovers, how could I be doing my neighbor a good deed and my other neighbor doing me a solid, only to have it turn out bad? What's up with that? Did one good deed cancel out the other?
I'm going to butt in line infront of somebody or or something more dispicable and see what happens. Maybe this new Zodiac/astrology/earth shifting on its axis thing has changed the nature of things.....:wacko:

:LOL:
Maybe. No, I may be loud, obnoxious, and generally offensive, but one thing I'm not is rude.:angel::LOL:

So then, you passed the test. Too bad you'll have to look at the dent though. I don't suppose there is anything you could put in front of it?

Well, let's test it out Rock and Z.
Go ahead and say something dispicable about me, be rude to make it stick, really try hard and hurt my feelings and then let us know what good things come of it. Cause you never know until you try. You have my permission.

What happened to you was unfair, it was you doing the labor of love for one neighbor, your other neighbor helping you had a small accident, and left you with a scar-dent. Everytime you look at it, you'll be reminded of a random act of kindness in what he did for you and what you did for your neighbor.

I don't know if Karma is true--it might make a good new thread.

Grrr. No good deed goes unpunished.

Sometimes, something happens that makes you wonder about this "Karma" thing and if it isn't a bunch of hooey, balderdash, or just plain ol' BS.
I just got in from snowblowing my parking lot, and while I was doing so, a guy I know from down the street drove by in his truck with a plough blade on it. He offered to push my snowbanks back and I told him to go ahead. While he was doing that, I decided to go next door and clean my neighbors entrance out whith my blower. I looked up to see him backing into my shed. AAAAAAAHHHHH! It is one of those red barn tin sheds, which I just put up last summer. Anyway it has a good sized dent in the corner of it now, which just happens to be the corner which faces the street so now I have a new dented shed to have to look at for the next 10 years.

So, tell me this, Karma lovers, how could I be doing my neighbor a good deed and my other neighbor doing me a solid, only to have it turn out bad? What's up with that? Did one good deed cancel out the other?
I'm going to butt in line infront of somebody or or something more dispicable and see what happens. Maybe this new Zodiac/astrology/earth shifting on its axis thing has changed the nature of things.....:wacko:

Thank Karma you decided to go next door. It could have been you and not the shed.

It shows the Universe does have a sense of the absurd and humor...often at our expense.

Ahhh!:mad: Don't be getting all sensible and logical on me right now. I'm in no mood;):LOL:

Think about it...Good Karma sent you next door to do your good deed...instead of hanging out in the lot watching the snow pushing, shed denting fun.

SOMEthing was going to get dented.:rolleyes::angel:

Back
Top Bottom