Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, the TV is on and there is some guy delivering a scholarly paper on zombies, and here go the Sumo Suits on my computer screen. Time to cue the Twilight Zone music. :LOL: :LOL:

I am definitely a stranger in a ver-r-y strange land.

What channel has the Zombie lecture?:)

I pulled a Katie! I just wiped out huge and landed full force on my knees. OW! I was picking up a cheque for our yoga instructor, and missed a step. Holy moses does that hurt. I'm sitting here looking at all my booboos and shaking my head. I'm scraped on both knees, one palm, and the top of my right foot. How weird is that? My knees and hand are very bruised. Thank goodness for ice packs. I don't think I'm going to be able to do yoga tonight.

Oh no! (((hugs)))

I pulled a Katie! I just wiped out huge and landed full force on my knees. OW! I was picking up a cheque for our yoga instructor, and missed a step. Holy moses does that hurt. I'm sitting here looking at all my booboos and shaking my head. I'm scraped on both knees, one palm, and the top of my right foot. How weird is that? My knees and hand are very bruised. Thank goodness for ice packs. I don't think I'm going to be able to do yoga tonight.

sure hope nothing is broken . all the advice i gave katie, goes for you too. :cool:

I am in too. Katie and Alix, I decided to make it three!

At my workout last week I hit the wrong button on the treadmill to start it and instead of starting at a speed of 1.5 I started at 5, which is base jogging speed and way to fast for my level! I couldn't release the emergency cord and flipped over backwards. The guy beside me finally got the cord release and another woman got a trainer. But I sat up, checked all my parts for anything super painful, shook off my pride and hopped back on for my 20 minute warm-up. I have a few bruises but otherwise am fine. If it had been even a month ago, I think I would have been taken out on a stretcher, but because I have been working out, specially water walking 300 - 450 kms at a time, I am stronger.

I am in too. Katie and Alix, I decided to make it three!

At my workout last week I hit the wrong button on the treadmill to start it and instead of starting at a speed of 1.5 I started at 5, which is base jogging speed and way to fast for my level! I couldn't release the emergency cord and flipped over backwards. The guy beside me finally got the cord release and another woman got a trainer. But I sat up, checked all my parts for anything super painful, shook off my pride and hopped back on for my 20 minute warm-up. I have a few bruises but otherwise am fine. If it had been even a month ago, I think I would have been taken out on a stretcher, but because I have been working out, specially water walking 300 - 450 kms at a time, I am stronger.

:shock: That's further than Montreal to Quebec City!

What channel has the Zombie lecture?:)

Sorry, Princess. I left my computer and didn't see your question until this morning. I know enquiring minds need to see these things. The zombie thing was on a C-Span book program (I think that's what it was, anyway); this guy had written a book about international politics and zombies. One of the last questions from the audience was asking why he didn't write about vampires. :rolleyes: I am sorry I didn't get an answer for you in a timely way.

Sorry, Princess. I left my computer and didn't see your question until this morning. I know enquiring minds need to see these things. The zombie thing was on a C-Span book program (I think that's what it was, anyway); this guy had written a book about international politics and zombies. One of the last questions from the audience was asking why he didn't write about vampires. :rolleyes: I am sorry I didn't get an answer for you in a timely way.

That's okay, I was able to catch a lecture on Werewolves and their role in the Culling of Politicians at the State level. Those Vampire kids are all, "Me, me, ,me!" Thanks, anyway!:)

Wow, I'm back venting again. Seems like I go forever without needing it then WHAM.

My vent today is petty, but really, that's what venting is for! I went for an appointment at the Dr's today. (Nothing serious, just follow up) and when I arrived I was informed that my appointment was for 1pm not 215pm. I KNOW that was not my error, I wouldn't make an appt for 1pm when I teach til 2. I offered to make another appt, but was told they would fit me in. I waited for nearly an hour (did I mention my daughter was in the car waiting for me because I was only supposed to be in and out?) and then politely asked to make a new appointment as I had another appointment to get to. I won't bore you with the details, but there were 3 ladies behind the desk and they were all rude as can be. They made me feel like I was a low grade moron and there was never even the slightest acknowledgment that this could have been a clerical error on their part.

I think I was so frosted because I take some pride in being highly organized and scheduled. I color code my freaking daytimer for goodness sakes. In 13 years, I've never missed or been late for an appt there, and yet...my fault. Grrr.

OK, better now. Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

Wow, I'm back venting again. Seems like I go forever without needing it then WHAM.

My vent today is petty, but really, that's what venting is for! I went for an appointment at the Dr's today. (Nothing serious, just follow up) and when I arrived I was informed that my appointment was for 1pm not 215pm. I KNOW that was not my error, I wouldn't make an appt for 1pm when I teach til 2. I offered to make another appt, but was told they would fit me in. I waited for nearly an hour (did I mention my daughter was in the car waiting for me because I was only supposed to be in and out?) and then politely asked to make a new appointment as I had another appointment to get to. I won't bore you with the details, but there were 3 ladies behind the desk and they were all rude as can be. They made me feel like I was a low grade moron and there was never even the slightest acknowledgment that this could have been a clerical error on their part.

I think I was so frosted because I take some pride in being highly organized and scheduled. I color code my freaking daytimer for goodness sakes. In 13 years, I've never missed or been late for an appt there, and yet...my fault. Grrr.

OK, better now. Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

Sounds quite familiar! Last week's stress test was supposed to be today...according to their records I was a week early. The apponitment card said last week...it was done least week...LOL!

But was it your fault? :LOL: Seriously, clerical errors happen all the time, and I am more than happy to acknowledge when I've made the error. Next time I'm going to make them give me an appt card. Unfortunately, I made the appt over the phone last time. :rolleyes:

But was it your fault? :LOL: Seriously, clerical errors happen all the time, and I am more than happy to acknowledge when I've made the error. Next time I'm going to make them give me an appt card. Unfortunately, I made the appt over the phone last time. :rolleyes:

You could call and confirm the day before the appointment.

Oh phooie, I just remembered my appointment. I have glaucoma, so I am supposed to have a visual field test every year. I mentioned to the doctor that the reception staff have gone home by the time I leave, so I have to phone for an appointment. They hardly ever answer the phone and they don't respond to voice mail (it's at a hospital). So, she had them make an appointment for me.

I got the appointment slip in the mail. It was for 08:00. Jeez Louise, I live in the 'burbs. I would have to drive an hour in rush hour (20 kms) or an hour to an hour and twenty minutes by public transportation. Problem with public transportation is that I have osteoporosis and I refuse to take public transportation during rush hour. I don't want to stand up on a moving bus, especially a crowded one with people occasionally falling into you.

I eventually got the appointment moved to 10:30 27 January. :eek: I forgot all about it because I had to rush off to Copenhagen. Now I have to make another appointment. Phooey. Remember, I said they hardly ever answer the phone or voice mail

Back
Top Bottom