Petzoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Refresh my memory. What is a petzoom?
Is that the dremel style nail grinder thingy, or the bathing system made by hydrosurge, or one of the "specialy designed" vaccums made specifically for pet hair, or one of the mutitude of products that says your pet will never shed again?
Or something else?
Too lazy to do a search.....

I didn't know bout the brush, but you take the brush, I'll take the bulldog on the end.
A face only his mother could love, ....and me. Oh, what a cutie!

:)

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: OK. That's an interesting gadget :rolleyes:
I would by a potato ricer before I bought that thing :LOL:

My take on it?

You don't need "adjustable bristles" for different coat lengths. The thing is only going to go down as far as it takes to reach the skin (more on this later). So what if you have an "extra" 3/8" of bristle exposed?

This thing will never reach the skin anyway unless you have a short coated dog. These types of brushes are pretty much useless if you have a Collie (like shown in the beginning) or any other dog with hair over an inch in length. You need a tool called a "rake". And they come in all sizes and shapes, but they work and are strong enough to get the undercoat out of a coated dog. It's mostly the undercoat that you find everywhere and a bristle brush won't touch that.

If you do have a brush that looks similar to this, without the protectors on the bristles for the idiots who would use a wire brush on an English Bulldog, and you get dog hair stuck in it, use a comb to comb it out. Trust me, you'll need two hands with that gadget anyway to pull the hair away from it, just comb through it, like I've shown below. And those are various rakes and strippers on the table.

Save your money and get the bath gadget thingy made by hydrosurge. That looks doable and will loosen up more pet hair than that brush would ;)

Attachments

• grooming stuff.jpg
    grooming stuff.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 190
We got a Furminator FURminator and it works really well. Our dog doesn't like the brushes like the one shown above but will let us use the Furminator on him. I doubt he'd like the Petzoom any better than the brush!

;) I do have the rake and wired brushes but the three dogs I have hate getting brushed. The ad claims that if you use this brush they do not mind. Not so sure which is why I don't wish to spend money on something that does not work.

;) I do have the rake and wired brushes but the three dogs I have hate getting brushed. The ad claims that if you use this brush they do not mind. Not so sure which is why I don't wish to spend money on something that does not work.

No time like the present to get them behaving like your dogs and not their own.... :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom